Halo 4 digital?

Do you think 343 will release halo 4 digital on Xbox live marketplace?
I think it will be awesome! what do you guys think?

I don’t think they will right away

Microsoft/Xbox most likely will in the future.

I highly doubt that a Games on Demand copy would be released anywhere near Halo 4’s release.

> I don’t think they will right away

Yeah, Xbox games don’t always get released on direct to drive on release day, after a few months maybe, but not day one…

It’s kind of funny, cause PC games have been doing the release direct to drive downloads and hard copies for a few years now, and they’re always released at the same time, and some games get more sells off of direct to drive cause it’s cheaper than writing a ton of discs, packaging them and shipping them. :confused: Xbox is slow when it comes to that.

they should release it at day one.

Doubt it They would probably release it in a few months in.

> they should release it at day one.

This would be great. Actually I think all games should be available for download from day one.

> they should release it at day one.

Yes and no, gamers would love it but MS would loose profit big time. Digital sales are growing, but for consoles it’s baby steps, to be honest outside US games on demand is pathetic and prices pathetic, 59$ for a game 3-4 years old, really? :stuck_out_tongue:
Digital sales will increase over time and so will digital releases, but for now we have to accept that on xbox at least, no big AAA games will be available on demand at release. I do think Sony buying an streaming games service will make things quite different next gen, to say the least.
Rent before you buy, rent instead of buy, trials of full games on your console at release. The possibilities are endless.

> > they should release it at day one.
>
> This would be great. Actually I think all games should be available for download from day one.

Well, most PC games now days either released as download and disc, or primarily downloadable from Steam, GameStop, Amazon, Origin, or the Developers web site.

And that’s great, for PCs cause most people have the space to have games downloaded direct to drive, where as Consoles, not many people have hard drives, let alone big hard drives big enough for all of their games. Hell, I saw a thread a few days/weeks ago asking about MP/Spartan Ops/CoOp and no Hard drives.

Someday Consoles will have larger hard drives built in, but I don’t think that’s going to happen very soon. plus if any thing, they should have two, a build in hard drive, and a removable hard drive like the Xbox has.