Halo 4 didn't add any iconic characters

SPOILERS

It’s really my only gripe with the story. But I can’t help but think of the many voices of Halo we’ve come to know, and how they’ve all been basically killed off except the Master Chief. The woman pelican driver of Halo 1, Sergeant Johnson, the Arbiter (not killed off but nowhere to be found), 343 Guilty Spark, and now Cortana. While characters dying offers an important emotional aspect of story-telling, I can’t help but notice that they forgot to introduce new characters to fill this void. The only one close is the soldier who helped Chief and is talking to him at the end, but he seems forgettable.

I realize they will probably give him a Cortana replacement. But unless it’s the same voice, we just lost a potentially significant connection to the first few Halos.

Small gripe.

the Woman is the pelican is called Foehammer by most people

as i’ve seen at least…

the ‘soldier’ as you know him is thomas (or tom) lasky from the forward unto dawn web series that was created so i doubt we will forget him anytime soon

ha ha well frankly, Lasky to me seems like a more developed character than the Chief himself. Lasky is one of my favorite characters so far. I know i wont be forgetting about him. After fallowing his little escapade at Corbulo and what not. I know he wont be forgoton as the story progresses

I’m a big fan of the Eggheads and the Bad Guys.

They make an appearance quite a few times.

I’ve noticed this too. Then again I think Halo 4’s main point was bring chief back.

MC had been gone for 5 years. Do you expect them to make an appearance instantly. They are probably somewhere else. Arbiter on a mission. SGT Johnson on earth, pelican driver probably got promoted. We dont know. But they will make an appearance for HALO 5.

> I’m a big fan of the Eggheads and the Bad Guys.
>
> They make an appearance quite a few times.

Brilliant.

the diadact makes a pretty cool nemesis (since he clearly isnt dead)

the diadact makes a pretty cool nemesis (since he clearly isnt dead)

> SGT Johnson on earth, pelican driver probably got promoted.

Son, you might want to take a seat.

Lasky is pretty much the new Johnson.

> > SGT Johnson on earth, pelican driver probably got promoted.
>
> Son, you might want to take a seat.

my bad… hes dead =="

and wheres my post… it does not appear

> > > SGT Johnson on earth, pelican driver probably got promoted.
> >
> > Son, you might want to take a seat.
>
> my bad… hes dead =="
>
> and wheres my post… it does not appear

Pelican driver also died.

The only one I mentioned who didn’t actually die was Arbiter…and I mentioned that caveat as well.

well i feel 343 have done a good job

to start with they have added Halsey, being after they introduced her into the series with reach, good idea to put her back into halo 8 years later

second is Lasky, they built him up with foward unto dawn giving him a history with the chief, thought that was well built

then Sarah Palmer being the commander of the Spartan VI’s, i think they did an amazing job with her, i like the new characters and way they have constructed them.

> well i feel 343 have done a good job
>
> to start with they have added Halsey, being after they introduced her into the series with reach, good idea to put her back into halo 8 years later
>
> second is Lasky, they built him up with foward unto dawn giving him a history with the chief, thought that was well built
>
> then Sarah Palmer being the commander of the Spartan VI’s, i think they did an amazing job with her, i like the new characters and way they have constructed them.

Halsey has been integral to Halo since right after the release of the original Halo. She wasn’t just introduced in Reach.

And Palmer? A good character? A commanding officer that insults everyone that isn’t shooting a gun? A commanding officer that abandons her post? A commanding officer that never has anything worth adding to comms chatter? THAT is a good character?

LOLWAT.

> Lasky is pretty much the new Johnson.

Lasky is the new Capt. Keyes.

He can only be Johnson’s successor 1) when he’s seen in combat 2) when he makes badass speeches and 3) when he demonstrates bizarre/supernatural abilities (teleporting, clones, resurrection).

> well i feel 343 have done a good job
>
> to start with they have added Halsey, being after they introduced her into the series with reach, good idea to put her back into halo 8 years later
>
> second is Lasky, they built him up with foward unto dawn giving him a history with the chief, thought that was well built
>
> then Sarah Palmer being the commander of the Spartan VI’s, i think they did an amazing job with her, i like the new characters and way they have constructed them.

Halsey has been integral to Halo since right after the release of the original Halo. She wasn’t just introduced in Reach.

And Palmer? A good character? A commanding officer that insults everyone that isn’t shooting a gun? A commanding officer that abandons her post? A commanding officer that never has anything worth adding to comms chatter? THAT is a good character?

LOLWAT.

Idk about you guys, but I was excited to hear Stacker in the campaign. And he’s a Master Sergeant now, to boot. Also, it was nice seeing what the Didact looks like, along with the Librarian. A friend and I have theorized that 343’s gonna pull out the big guns on the sequels.

Lol insulting people.

Yeah you need to join the military and then put the lives of everybody around you in danger and see how many insults you get.

When did she leave her post?
(Did you also know she is in command of deployments of Spartans?) lastly left his post so hurr durr.

Also grow up in a military life these “insults” are not exactly insults. You should be concerned if your commander is overly nice to you or the unit. Everybody gets treated the same. Also in reality military does not really mixing combat with noncombatants. It’s baby sitting. Are you nitpicking just to nitpick? I mean do you have anything to add only seeing scans and helmet cams? When you are watching another person play I bet you add stuff that seems to them as dumb com chatter.

Lastly
Palmer
Didact
Librarian
Roland

Those are the ones that stick out.