Halo 4 Didact/Librarian Rage Theories

Hi, just wanted to post this because I recently read the Gregg Bear Forerunner Saga “Cryptum” and “Primordium”.
Using information gathered from these books, halo 3, CE Aniversary terminals and trailers, I now have a pretty solid theory on the plot of Halo 4. Possible SPOILER ALERT!!!

In the last few pages of Halo: Primordium, the narator is revealed to be 343 Guilty Spark. The dates are redacted, but a few things are certain;

1. The UNSC ship has pulled in his “Wreckage”. Since GS is dead, this info comes post halo 3.
  2. GS states “Some may say she is dead, that she died on Earth. But this is demonstrably untrue.” The “She” he is referring to is the Librarian, wife of the diadact, who’s forerunner symbol can be seen upon the monitors of the scanned parts of the UNSC Infinity during the Halo 4 Live Action trailer.
  3. Humans at this point in time are “facing” the didact. This is also stated by GS earlier in the book.
  4. GS knows the location of the Librarian. “I know where to find her.”
  5. Information about “Halo: Silentium” shows that the Ur-Didact could possibly have become infected by the flood.
  6. The human commander states “Arks, there’s more of them”, as humanity didn’t even know that 1 Ark existed Pre-Halo 3, more information to say this information comes Post-halo 3.
  7. In Halo: Glasslands, Halsey escapes Onyx with some of Spartan blue team and is returned to Earth.
    With this information, I can conclude that:
    The Didact doesn’t know his wife is still alive. The Didact may be infected. 343 GS has survived Halo 3 through the salvaging by the UNSC of his long lost pre-monitor memories. 343 GS is searching for the Librarian and knows more about her whereabouts than the Didact. The Didact is at war with humanity.

In long-term:
Halo 4:
S-117 and Cortana land on Requiem, wake the Didact, whom blames humanity for the “death” of his wife. He is angry and goes to war with humanity using the AI Promethean armadas. Cortana goes Rampant (obviously).

Halo 5:
S-117 and Cortana (De-activated?) return to Earth, where they find out Halsey and the majority of Spartan Blue team are alive. Halsey Repairs Cortana? 343 GS finds the Librarian who talks sense into the Didact. (Pre-)Precursor enemy arrives?
Discovery of other Arks?

Halo 6:
Forerunner-Human alliance defeats ancient enemy. Death of the Chief?

Welcome to Waypoint.

And the monitor isn’t GS, it is Chakas. He may either be a fragment of GS or the scientists are just calling him that. And this is after Halo 3, and there is no evidence to suggest that the Didact is the enemy and that humanity is “facing” him.

> Hi, just wanted to post this because I recently read the Gregg Bear Forerunner Saga “Cryptum” and “Primordium”.
> Using information gathered from these books, halo 3, CE Aniversary terminals and trailers, I now have a pretty solid theory on the plot of Halo 4. Possible SPOILER ALERT!!!
>
> In the last few pages of Halo: Primordium, the narator is revealed to be 343 Guilty Spark. The dates are redacted, but a few things are certain;
> 1. The UNSC ship has pulled in his “Wreckage”. Since GS is dead, this info comes post halo 3.
> 2. GS states “Some may say she is dead, that she died on Earth. But this is demonstrably untrue.” The “She” he is referring to is the Librarian, wife of the diadact, who’s forerunner symbol can be seen upon the monitors of the scanned parts of the UNSC Infinity during the Halo 4 Live Action trailer.
> 3. Humans at this point in time are “facing” the didact. This is also stated by GS earlier in the book.
> 4. GS knows the location of the Librarian. “I know where to find her.”
> 5. Information about “Halo: Silentium” shows that the Ur-Didact could possibly have become infected by the flood.
> 6. The human commander states “Arks, there’s more of them”, as humanity didn’t even know that 1 Ark existed Pre-Halo 3, more information to say this information comes Post-halo 3.
> 7. In Halo: Glasslands, Halsey escapes Onyx with some of Spartan blue team and is returned to Earth.
> With this information, I can conclude that:
> The Didact doesn’t know his wife is still alive. The Didact may be infected. 343 GS has survived Halo 3 through the salvaging by the UNSC of his long lost pre-monitor memories. 343 GS is searching for the Librarian and knows more about her whereabouts than the Didact. The Didact is at war with humanity.
>
> In long-term:
> Halo 4:
> S-117 and Cortana land on Requiem, wake the Didact, whom blames humanity for the “death” of his wife. He is angry and goes to war with humanity using the AI Promethean armadas. Cortana goes Rampant (obviously).
>
> Halo 5:
> S-117 and Cortana (De-activated?) return to Earth, where they find out Halsey and the majority of Spartan Blue team are alive. Halsey Repairs Cortana? 343 GS finds the Librarian who talks sense into the Didact. (Pre-)Precursor enemy arrives?
> Discovery of other Arks?
>
> Halo 6:
> Forerunner-Human alliance defeats ancient enemy. Death of the Chief?

You say that it is the Librarian’s symbol on Monitors on the Infinity. Thats the Unbound Didact symbol.

And, as jcgerrard8 said, that Monitor isn’t 343 Guilty Spark. Not the one we knew, at least.
He is Chakas, the actual Monitor Chakas was made into or a duplicate, but Chakas either way. I’m pretty sure the Scientists only called him GS because it is the only known Monitor name they have on record. Remember ho wmuch they hesitated on using it?

Anyways, your theory is kind of like what the main theory is going around, or like mine.
Halo 4- The Didact has been corrupted and is being Unbound, where he is really being used as a puppet of the Precursors as they return to test Humanity. The Didact escapes.

Halo 5- (My Primordium twist). The Chief is on the ship used by the ONI scientists in Primordium. He is knocked out by Chakas, but wakes up later. They are on route to a Forerunner planet. Over the course of the game, they find and awaken the Librarian.

Halo 6- The Librarian stops the corruption of the Didact, healing him. Together, they share their secret solution to stopping the Ancient Evil themselves (Precursors?) that they were unable to fully execute 100,000 years ago. With the help of Humanity, Chief specifically, the Ancient Evil is finally destroyed.

I have a theory that the story of chakas/the librarian is actually told through spartan ops.

In primordium they’re questioning Chakas about the Didact, so they seem to know who he is, at least. Let’s say he’s a major player in Halo 4, and spops takes place 6 months after. One of the early missions is you finding this AI, bringing him back to the infinity and questioning it, which is primordium. The story of spops is your squad trying to help him/it find the librarian, who can help us in future titles. If Halsey is indeed the librarian, then it will set up meeting with her, and perhaps blue team, giving them a role in Halo 5 and beyond.

> In long-term:
> Halo 4:
> S-117 and Cortana land on Requiem, wake the Didact, whom blames humanity for the “death” of his wife. He is angry and goes to war with humanity using the AI Promethean armadas. Cortana goes Rampant (obviously).

How would he blame Humanity for her death? He fired the rings to stop the Flood. It’s not Humanity’s fault, and the Didact is smart enough to know that. It would be out of character and immature for him to do that.

> I have a theory that the story of chakas/the librarian is actually told through spartan ops.
>
> In primordium they’re questioning Chakas about the Didact, so they seem to know who he is, at least. Let’s say he’s a major player in Halo 4, and spops takes place 6 months after. One of the early missions is you finding this AI, bringing him back to the infinity and questioning it, which is primordium. The story of spops is your squad trying to help him/it find the librarian, who can help us in future titles. If Halsey is indeed the librarian, then it will set up meeting with her, and perhaps blue team, giving them a role in Halo 5 and beyond.

I was under the impression that Primordium is set in/post-2559 since it seemingly follows on from The Return in Evolutions where the Sangheili Shipmaster discovers that humanity has found a Monitor.

> > In long-term:
> > Halo 4:
> > S-117 and Cortana land on Requiem, wake the Didact, whom blames humanity for the “death” of his wife. He is angry and goes to war with humanity using the AI Promethean armadas. Cortana goes Rampant (obviously).
>
> How would he blame Humanity for her death? He fired the rings to stop the Flood. It’s not Humanity’s fault, and the Didact is smart enough to know that. It would be out of character and immature for him to do that.

Well . . . I could see it be possible.

The Didact was pleading for the Librarian to return, to join him in safety before firing the rings. She declined and made it impossible for her to get to him, maybe at that point he blamed no one but himself for that.

However, after thousands of years alone, maybe the Didact has fostered a hatred for not just humanity, but all other races that the Librarian basically sacrificed herself to save and catalog. Heck, Guilty Spark was an AI construct that went mad after all of his time alone. He was going crazy, maybe the same thing could have happened to the Didact.

If the forerunners have human-like emotions, I think this is a real possibility.

Although, the only problem with the Didact being the enemy is that it’s too obvious, when the ancient evil was announced almost everyone began guessing that it was the Didact . . . that’s just too obvious in my tastes, and I feel like 343i is just throwing the community bones.

> > > In long-term:
> > > Halo 4:
> > > S-117 and Cortana land on Requiem, wake the Didact, whom blames humanity for the “death” of his wife. He is angry and goes to war with humanity using the AI Promethean armadas. Cortana goes Rampant (obviously).
> >
> > How would he blame Humanity for her death? He fired the rings to stop the Flood. It’s not Humanity’s fault, and the Didact is smart enough to know that. It would be out of character and immature for him to do that.
>
> Well . . . I could see it be possible.
>
> The Didact was pleading for the Librarian to return, to join him in safety before firing the rings. She declined and made it impossible for her to get to him, maybe at that point he blamed no one but himself for that.
>
> However, after thousands of years alone, maybe the Didact has fostered a hatred for not just humanity, but all other races that the Librarian basically sacrificed herself to save and catalog. Heck, Guilty Spark was an AI construct that went mad after all of his time alone. He was going crazy, maybe the same thing could have happened to the Didact.
>
> If the forerunners have human-like emotions, I think this is a real possibility.
>
> Although, the only problem with the Didact being the enemy is that it’s too obvious, when the ancient evil was announced almost everyone began guessing that it was the Didact . . . that’s just too obvious in my tastes, and I feel like 343i is just throwing the community bones.

It’s very difficult to change a character like that in a believable way. I never saw the Didact as one for holding a grudge either.

I agree with you, though, that since 343i has signs pointing to him, they’re trying to get everyone to think it’s him so they’ll be surprised in the game.

> I have a theory that the story of chakas/the librarian is actually told through spartan ops.
>
> In primordium they’re questioning Chakas about the Didact, so they seem to know who he is, at least. Let’s say he’s a major player in Halo 4, and spops takes place 6 months after.

The story takes place in during halo 5/6 which has to happen after 2559 since an ONI spoke notes how they are moving away from the battle and “missing all the action!”. while in spartan OPS it is said infinity is getting ready for war.

There is no shortage of battle and action in spartan ops, it would appear.

It’s definitely possible this ship was near a battle but the Strategy Team Leader only said they were moving away from the main task force, not a fight or battle. Then the Science Team Leader says “But we’re not in battle!” after the ship begins locking off key areas of the ship as battle damage lockdown.

> It’s definitely possible this ship was near a battle but the Strategy Team Leader only said they were moving away from the main task force, not a fight or battle. Then the Science Team Leader says “But we’re not in battle!” after the ship begins locking off key areas of the ship as battle damage lockdown.

> “Look at this. . . . Ship’s veering from
> main task force. We’re moving away from all the action! Who in
> hell ordered that?”