Halo 4 destructible environments?

I remember around the time Halo 4 was first announced Frankie said that destructible environments would be appearing in Halo 4. However I have not seen or heard anything about it since then. So was the idea scraped for some reason? And if it has been scrapped, would that make you happy or sad, I would like to know. Personally I would be pretty disappointed if it was left out because it would be an awesome addition to the game, especially with the new weapons like the railgun.

If frank said that then i must be true

He said that environments would be more destructible than before, not completely destructible environments. So, there’ll be many more things that you can break now.

Perhaps in the Campaign/Spops. I haven’t seen any MP gameplay with destructible environments as of yet, anyway.

I will not be happy until I can break pots and find spartan points and health packs inside.

I’m no programmer, but I think there is some tradeoff between destructible environments and things like framerate and graphics. Maybe they scrapped the idea in favor of making the game look as good as possible? I’d be fine with that. It would be cool to be able to blow stuff up in halo 5 and 6 though

I remember how badass it was to shoot stalactites down on people in Waterworks and how vital blowing up the bomb/flag spot in Zanzibar was in competitive BTB. I want more!

> I remember how badass it was to shoot stalactites down on people in Waterworks and how vital blowing up the bomb/flag spot in Zanzibar was in competitive BTB. I want more!

Perhaps it can mean the return of secondary explosions for vehicles and a weak spot for the Ghost?

I think it’d be interesting to see supply cases being opened up. Infection Forms could fit in them. It’d be one of the best places to hide a skull.

> He said that environments would be more destructible than before, not completely destructible environments. So, there’ll be many more things that you can break now.

This. So probably more items that act like glass or wooden pallets.

Judging by the gameplay we’ve seen, and the fact that we are mostly playing in rocky canyons and Forerunner structures, I don’t think there is a lot of destruction to be thrown in there to begin with. I don’t think the game will have a broad destruction model.

Could be that 343i had one at some point (game developers tend to have some crazy things that never get to the game), but it was scrapped either due to being computationally too expensive, taking too much effort, or simply not having enough applications for gameplay (the resources were better used elsewhere). What ever it is, it’s not there anymore or we misunderstood Frankie’s words.

Its in the future. Everything is built stronger.

> I will not be happy until I can break pots and find spartan points and health packs inside.

Halo 4 meet Red Faction? :smiley:

> Its in the future. Everything is built stronger.

EVEN BULLETS

> I remember around the time Halo 4 was first announced Frankie said that destructible environments would be appearing in Halo 4. However I have not seen or heard anything about it since then. So was the idea scraped for some reason? And if it has been scrapped, would that make you happy or sad, I would like to know. Personally I would be pretty disappointed if it was left out because it would be an awesome addition to the game, especially with the new weapons like the railgun.

Sounds pretty awesome!