Halo 4 cut scenes > halo wars cut scenes

should halo 4 cut scenes be better (graphics wise) than halo wars cut scenes or should it they be as the rest of the halo games???

They can’t be better as they are in game cutscene and Halo 4 texture/polygons can’t even match half of what Halo Wars accomplish with it’s pre-render cutscene. Kinda a stupid question you know :o).

> should halo 4 cut scenes be better (graphics wise) than halo wars cut scenes or should it they be as the rest of the halo games???

hmmm Idk honestly, I mean from what I’ve seen it al looks pretty good. However, keep in mind that Halo Wars was a RTS not FPS so that’s Not the best comparison. However, if you compare the other games I’d say they look good because the In game footage looks identical to the cut scenes.

halo wars cut scenes are about 6 or so years ahead of its time.

> halo wars cut scenes are about 6 or so years ahead of its time.

I doub it. I’m pretty sure Halo Wars cut scenes are the normal graphics for the next gen. (After two years in the market)

Halo 4 in-engine looks -Yoinking!- incredible, so perhaps they will.

Maybe everything won’t be recorded with a scifi-blue or pale filter

> > halo wars cut scenes are about 6 or so years ahead of its time.
>
> I doub it. I’m pretty sure Halo Wars cut scenes are the normal graphics for the next gen. (After two years in the market)

Halo wars came out in 2009 + 6 =2015

If nextbox come out in 2013 +2 =2015

All you did was prove his point.

first of all, remember that the type of game does not matter with cinematics.

2nd of all, i have yet to see a game get even half as good as halo wars cinematic’s. Halo 4 has good graphics yes, but i doubt 343i could top what ensemble did. they may come close but i do not think they will spend the time to make it better

halo wars cut scenes are the best of the best.

Well, Halo Wars had pre-rendered cutscenes, so Halo 4 might not be able to surpass their quality. In my opinion, it doesn’t really matter, as long as I’m immersed in the story. I probably won’t even notice.

The cutscenes in Halo Wars were Pre-Rendered, and were no way real time in-game. It would be impossible for Halo 4 to have cutscenes like Halo Wars, unless they were Pre-Rendered, and by the looks of the Campaign Demo, they are all rendered real time.

> They can’t be better as they are in game cutscene and Halo 4 texture/polygons can’t even match half of what Halo Wars accomplish with it’s pre-render cutscene. Kinda a stupid question you know :o).

there are no stupid questions just matters of opinions that is all.

In-game is better if cutscene manipulation is restored.

Cutscene changes throughout Halo games:

CE: physical bipeds, any AI can appear in cutscenes, enemy AI if left alive recognize cutscene characters and attack them if they are enemies, active AI battles during cutscene, vehicles can appear in cutscenes, 2 Chiefs, Grunt at the beginning of invasion (AotCR), Legendary ending (non-canon), unskippable cutscenes (Keyes)

H2: all bipeds probably have no collision or physics, vehicles can appear in cutscenes, friendly AI can appear in cutscenes if they are at specific places during specific moments, Chief/Arby will be holding the weapon the player held when the cutscene started, 2 Arbiters (on GJ), Grunt at the beginning of invasion (Delta Halo)

H3: physical bipeds restored, resurrection system enables Arbiter and Johnson to appear in cutscenes if they’re killed first, vehicles can appear in cutscenes, enemy AI get killed off during cutscenes, deployed equipment can appear in cutscenes and can attack cutscene characters, only 1 cutscene allows enemies and allies to exist, allows active AI battles, and allows Chief to be killed, 2 Chiefs (by bringing a hog to the Cartographer on The Ark), Grunt at the beginning of invasion (The Covenant), Legendary ending

ODST: selected vehicle appears in cutscene, Legendary ending, easter eggs, more noticeable first person cutscene

Reach:

-active AI battle at the beginning of ONI Base (like at the beginning of Keyes)
-2 Noble Sixes (IIRC, on LNoS after completing the space battle)
-armor customization apparent
-first person cutscenes
-unskippable cutscenes (LNoS)
-symbolism (Noble Team taking off their helmets before deaths, flare color)

Cutscenes have been degraded. They’re becoming like in any other game. The same thing every time. If this keeps up, art will be diminished to mere moments! Easter eggs cannot replace glitches!

On TotS, there wasn’t anything I could do with the ending cutscene. Scenery gets deleted, Jorge gets deleted, Banshee gets deleted, the sword Elite gets deleted.

Also, Co-op players should be recognized in cutscenes. H3 didn’t do much other than giving them identities. They had no realistic point of origin for their flashlights and they were without importance to the plot.

I hope the Halo 4 cutscenes are the same as the normal gameplay like Halo 3.

> halo wars cut scenes are about 6 or so years ahead of its time.

Implying that CGI is new tech :confused:

I wish! It would be awesome to have Halo Wars quality cutscene’s, but Halo 4’s won’t be better than Halo Wars.

No Halo game will beat Halo Wars cutscenes. Ensemeble had to outsource those to a different company entirely.

Halo Wars is king for Halo cutscenes and it will stay that way until the next generation of consoles comes out.

> first of all, remember that the type of game does not matter with cinematics.
>
> 2nd of all, i have yet to see a game get even half as good as halo wars cinematic’s. Halo 4 has good graphics yes, but i doubt 343i could top what ensemble did. they may come close but i do not think they will spend the time to make it better

I hate to be that guy but i have seen waaaaaay better on a pc.

I understand the expectation for being better but you realise that Real Time Strategy games don’t have much in the graphics department with the actual playable content. So awesome cutscenes are added to bring you into the fiction. And yes, Sgt. Forge taking on the Arbiter while three Spartans kick Elite can was awesome!

I sure hope Halo 4’s cutscenes are beyond jaw dropping. The graphics look stunning already. I find it funny that Halo Wars some of the greatest cutscenes graphic wise and in game, even as an RPG, were just mediocre :stuck_out_tongue: