Halo 4: customization evolved (idea)

I was watching the “auto vista” Forza Warthog video on youtube (Yet to buy Forza 4) and it mentioned that the Warthog has a paint coating with changeable pigment for different paint schemes. And that UNSC soldiers where locked out of accessing this because they toyed with ridiculous schemes.

This got me to wonder two things, Would a Spartan have the override code for such a tool and what else in the Halo universe might have such paint pigments. Spartan Armour, A Mongoose, Certain weapons or larger vehicles?

Normally i would just say, “how about some more colour options in Forge for Halo 4 if they can do this”. But a recent game that launched with a cool feature has given me an idea, GoW3 has weapon skins you can download in either packs or alone. Wouldn’t it be cool if Halo did too.

So what would happen is, we would have skin DCL packs or lone files for things like warthogs or specific weapons. Winter camo snipers, Flame or Gold warthogs, Camo spartan schemes with the ability to chose the two or more different camo tones to create everything from jungle to winter to rainbow if you wanted.

It may be useless to some, but with every halo game we get more and more customization and this would seem like the next step in the line.

How it would work is that every CD would contain at least all the different spartan schemes and they would be unlocked for different tasks. Anything like warthogs or weapons is a DLC only feature unless it comes with a few on disk which would be even better. After all, its not hard to re-skin a warthog, i know, i did it dozens of time lol. Any weapon or vehicle on map will be default colour until you pick up or drive the vehicle or weapon, that’s when the change takes effect.

You cant tell me at least a small part of you would not like to drive up and get the flag carrier in a fire painted warthog and speed through enemy lines and back to base in style?

BTW, i say DLC but i would much rather prefer ALL the skins to be on disk. But new DLC skins later on is something i would hope for.

GoW3 weapon skins packs as reference

http://epicgames.com/community/gears-of-war-3-weapon-skins/

I think that wouldn’t be a problem I like it but, not incredibly though. I recall from reach mp that when playing as teams the mongoose changed colors for that specific team.

(Just be careful about mentioning customization. The forums go all inquisition on you thinking its COD or if its from another game ;).)

Not to be mean at all but customizable paint on a Warthog seems like a waste of the devs time. I mean, it’s not a big deal.

Not trying to be mean.

@Dreezy
Not rude at all, it really inst the best thing to have a paint scheme for honestly but as i said if they do put some sort of system that allows such changes, adding a vehicle such as a warthog is nothing complicated, no more complicated than the color changing mongoose in Reach.

As far as putting this into halo, its less complicated than other resources already in place in some previous Halo games…

@ArchAngel
Trust me, i don’t think halo is anything like COD, i stopped playing COD at Call Of Duty 2 lol.

I’m not trying to rip off Gow3 or anything, Gears didn’t even come up with that concept to begin with anyways. I just think giving people more control over their online spartan super soldiers and tools of destruction would be great. Even though we already have so much in the way of customization, i think it would still be a big plus to add such a thing to Halo.

And unlike other features added to Halo like bloom, abilities, and various other additions it wont impact gameplay in a negative way at all.

And so everyone is clear, i didn’t take the Idea of this directly from Gears, i use it as an example of a recent use of this already existing method.

Vehicles should just have solid team colors, but I would like some camos for my spartan.

> Vehicles should just have solid team colors, but I would like some camos for my spartan.

That was something i was very unhappy with in Reach, why a team color mongoose and not a Team warthog. If anything we need that fixed in Halo 4.

OR INSTEAD OF DLC WE COULD HAVE A VEHICLE EDITOR FOR PC AND WE COULD JUST DOWNLOAD ALL THIS CUSTOM CONTENT FREE!!! LIKE CUSTOM GAMES!

GOOD IDEA BTW

ACTUALLY NOT JUST VEHICLES WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO EDIT WEAPONS AND ANYTHING ELSE IN HALO 4 LIKE EQUIPMENT

Yeah, I’m guessing that means that you will be able to change the colour of the Warthog depending on the team like originally intended in Halo Reach. I’m also hoping it means that some maps will have different colour variations like Avalanche did in Halo 3.

That is a cool thought and it got me thinking, but before i should say i see no way that it could work on multiplayer. But it could work on campaign or even firefight or some other survivor mode

You know how in reach you have armor abilities and in halo 3 you have equipment. Well what if you had abilities and equipment for vehicles like customize the warthog with different turret gun mounts, and maybe a shielding or boost abilities. You know trick up the warthog with all kinds of cool things, and you choose what is on it kinda like forge for you warthog.

It’s a great idea! The more customization the better. :slight_smile:

I agree with you,but for me only custumize my weapon skin,scope and equipment is fine

> @Dreezy
> Not rude at all, it really inst the best thing to have a paint scheme for honestly but as i said if they do put some sort of system that allows such changes, adding a vehicle such as a warthog is nothing complicated, no more complicated than the color changing mongoose in Reach.
>
> As far as putting this into halo, its less complicated than other resources already in place in some previous Halo games…

Oh in that case, yeah why not. I don’t play a lot of BTB so I forgot Mongooses had team colors. lol