Halo 4 Custom Game Matchmaking?

Ever since Halo 3, I have always wanted a Custom game matchmaking with different gametypes for different maps. The custom games in Halo have always been awesome but limited due to lack of friends that want to play custom games. I was thinking that people could maybe submit Their maps and gametypes (maybe there is a way to attach the two in a Bundle) to a user tested zone (maybe a matchmaking gametype or something you could sign up for on the site) and different players could test peoples maps like regular matchmaking and Rate them. The higher rated and more fun maps get put in a playlist similar to Action Sack. That way fun maps and gametypes get better known. Maybe there can be a Random game section and a competitive section (Slayer, team slayer, objective games etc).

TL;DR Make a Custom game Matchmaking playlist.

Thoughts? Like? Dislike? Let me know.

P.S. I briefly mentioned it, but making gametypes and maps in a bundle instead of individual would be AWESOME for people who find good maps but not the gametype or vice versa.

Does anyone have anything to say?

> Ever since Halo 3, I have always wanted a Custom game matchmaking with different gametypes for different maps. The custom games in Halo have always been awesome but limited due to lack of friends that want to play custom games. I was thinking that people could maybe submit Their maps and gametypes (maybe there is a way to attach the two in a Bundle) to a user tested zone (maybe a matchmaking gametype or something you could sign up for on the site) and different players could test peoples maps like regular matchmaking and Rate them. The higher rated and more fun maps get put in a playlist similar to Action Sack. That way fun maps and gametypes get better known. Maybe there can be a Random game section and a competitive section (Slayer, team slayer, objective games etc).
>
> TL;DR Make a Custom game Matchmaking playlist.
>
> Thoughts? Like? Dislike? Let me know.
>
> P.S. I briefly mentioned it, but making gametypes and maps in a bundle instead of individual would be AWESOME for people who find good maps but not the gametype or vice versa.

In other words,basicaly a serverlist for custom games right?Well because this is PvP or PtP or whever the heck it is ,it might be hard for them,but COD3 had a custom game server list and THAT was made in 06’

Yeah,I hope we see this…

> > Ever since Halo 3, I have always wanted a Custom game matchmaking with different gametypes for different maps. The custom games in Halo have always been awesome but limited due to lack of friends that want to play custom games. I was thinking that people could maybe submit Their maps and gametypes (maybe there is a way to attach the two in a Bundle) to a user tested zone (maybe a matchmaking gametype or something you could sign up for on the site) and different players could test peoples maps like regular matchmaking and Rate them. The higher rated and more fun maps get put in a playlist similar to Action Sack. That way fun maps and gametypes get better known. Maybe there can be a Random game section and a competitive section (Slayer, team slayer, objective games etc).
> >
> > TL;DR Make a Custom game Matchmaking playlist.
> >
> > Thoughts? Like? Dislike? Let me know.
> >
> > P.S. I briefly mentioned it, but making gametypes and maps in a bundle instead of individual would be AWESOME for people who find good maps but not the gametype or vice versa.
>
> In other words,basicaly a serverlist for custom games right?Well because this is PvP or PtP or whever the heck it is ,it might be hard for them,but COD3 had a custom game server list and THAT was made in 06’
>
> Yeah,I hope we see this…

Not a serverlist, but probably similar to one. Just a separate playlist for guys that want to play Custom games but don’t have enough friends to make a private one. Another idea would maybe make a custom game and add a Private or public game and if its a public custom game, then maybe people who search in matchmaking could be put in someone elses custom game. This would most likely be a bad idea in some cases, but then again I can see some good come out of it. Problem is some people might exploit leader privileges. Thats why I think a Playlist would be a better option.

It would be cool to have an easy and quick way to jump into games and “officially” rate them and stuff. But ive always thought it would be cooler to have the option to make your game “Public” rather then “open” (for friends). and this would throw your custom game on a list with everyone else. This way you could join custom games and get to know people without having the hassle of having to message recent players and spam invites.

Regardless they should do something similiar to either of these ideas or a combination. because after how popular custom games were in halo 3 i though it was obviously going to be in halo reach…didnt happen. so if they dont take advantage of the overwhelming popularity of custom games, especially with what im assuming will be an even better forge…then i just dont know what to say.

> It would be cool to have an easy and quick way to jump into games and “officially” rate them and stuff. But ive always thought it would be cooler to have the option to make your game “Public” rather then “open” (for friends). and this would throw your custom game on a list with everyone else. This way you could join custom games and get to know people without having the hassle of having to message recent players and spam invites.
>
> Regardless they should do something similiar to either of these ideas or a combination. because after how popular custom games were in halo 3 i though it was obviously going to be in halo reach…didnt happen. so if they dont take advantage of the overwhelming popularity of custom games, especially with what im assuming will be an even better forge…then i just dont know what to say.

In Halo 3, I had 3 times as many Custom games played as any Matchmaking game. If they had something in Reach, I probably would have stayed JUST for the custom games. If they add something in Halo 4 with some of these ideas, I wouldn’t care if the Multiplayer was terrible (Well, I would care but not as much) because I could just play custom games all day.