Halo 4 Custom Campaign

What I’m thinking is a Custom Campaign for Halo 4.

Choosing your Character:

You can choose out of lots of characters and choose a name for your character as well. Any species in the Halo Universe.

AIs:

I do not know a lot about programming but I know AIs would be a problem but you can place an AI to spawn anywhere on the map, you get to choose any specific species with any rank given, also with enemy an ally choosing.

Audio:

There is flexible audio to use which is sensed by what is said so no misspelling a word or it won’t be said and music in game as well

Cutscenes:

Cutscenes could be a big problem, but then again you could just go into theater and film a cutscene

So what do you think of this added to Halo 4?

The above statement would cause the absolute death of campaign in all Halo’s past, present, and future.

> The above statement would cause the absolute death of campaign in all Halo’s past, present, and future.

I disagree. I think that it would cause a lot more people to play campaign, just not the campaign made by 343i. That’s like saying that the introduction of forge and custom games caused the absolute death of multiplayer, which it did not.

Anyways, I think that this idea is a good one, the only problem would be getting it to work. I think that the best option would be to convert forge to a computer-based program, similar to Halo CE’s custom edition. Things like what you described were done using CE, even cutscenes were present. The engine could be modified to be able to read these files. It would be tricky, but if 343i did it they would draw quite a few new fans to Halo. If it can be done in custom edition it can be done on the Xbox.

already with what they have tough that wouldn’t be. you are already Master Chief, though it would be cool for future halo games

> AIs:
>
> I do not know a lot about programming but I know AIs would be a problem but you can place an AI to spawn anywhere on the map, you get to choose any specific species with any rank given, also with enemy an ally choosing.

Okay.

Now, how will the AI know where they can and can’t walk? How will they know that a door is wide and tall enough for them to enter it? How do they know what counts as cover and what doesn’t? Remember that in Forge, anything can be anything. I can use the bottoms of door frames as stepping stones if I so desire, and the AI won’t be any wiser.

> Audio:
>
> There is flexible audio to use which is sensed by what is said so no misspelling a word or it won’t be said

And this is what that kind of “flexible audio” sounds like. Text-to-speech is insanely limited – too much so for use in a good Campaign.

If this could be done, it would open the door for SO MUCH fan made awesomeness!

Think of the movie remakes you could do with campaign. If 343 created allot of custom players that you could choose from (think James Bond)

Cut scenes would be a peice of cake using theater mode.

You would need some kind of enemy editor, and have the ability to setup their patrol, and attack routes.

Use standard forget to create the scenery and buildings, objects. Hopefully HAlO 4’s Forge will be better that the current one as far as total number of available objects goes… (just sayin)

Some music to choose from using scores from past halo games.

WA-LA

Why would I (in Halo 3 terms) want to possibly play as a grunt? Suicide bomb maybe?