Halo 4, covenant.

In Halo 4 the covenant have changed dramatically in appearance. Do you guys think that 343 has done a good job with it?

They certainly look a lot scarier, but some of them just don’t seem… right…

I don’t particularly think they did a good job with the Covenant. The artists and designers clearly didn’t care about the canon.

I can see where you guys are coming from…

Think about it logically.

From Halo CE to Halo:CEA the Covenant have looked the same whilst becoming more detailed over time. Now consider that no human being can cope with change.

In Halo 4 the Covenant have had a massive re-vamp and as a result they have changed in the appearance/design.

They dont “Feel” right because they have changed.

I think it looks great. Bare armed elites are cool!

I don’t agree, the elites looked better with sleeved armour.

No I do not. What’s wrong with a little consistency?

When I first saw the the unmasked elites I was extremely disappointing but now i guess the look grew on me but the grunts just look so odd, I can’t put my finger on it but they remind me of something.

I think 343i did a good job of making the Covenant look scarier. But I also think that taking the old Covenant designs and adding tweaks here and there would’ve been a better way to change the Covenant’s appearance in Halo 4.
Some of the Covenant, such as the Grunts and Jackals break canon, but I think BS angel said the Grunts were a sub-species. I’m not sure.
The Elite seen in the new wave of Halo 4 toys kinda resembles an alien from the movie Aliens IMO(the Elite’s head at least).

> They certainly look a lot scarier, but some of them just don’t seem… right…

Like the jackal dinosaur.

The elite picture I saw just looks like it been smothered in Armour, Hopefully I’m glad there are variants of elites.

I can’t blame 343i for destroying the old canon of the covenant since I hated their design. A least now they look better aesthetically and actually look like the threat they were suppose to be.

Kig-yar and various other thingy
Sangheili
Unggoy

Also if 343i is the new head master when it comes to canon should we not say they break the old canon since it’s pretty obvious they are enforcing a new one.

Hate the Elites with their new Wife-beater shirts.
Hate the grunts because their faces look like they were smashed against a brick wall.
Hate the Jackals because their heads look like some strange fish-dinosaur hybrid.

What I can predict the other enemies will look like.

Drone will turn into a dragonfly.
Hunter’s worm colonies will turn blue instead of orange.
Brutes will be skinny and hairless.

> Sangheili

Now that does look nice

343i has simply redesigned the covenant. In what way have the changed the canon because they’ve had a slight change in look. they appear scarier which is always good considering the previous grunts were hardly a threat to humanity.

Yes, I enjoy all of the redesigns. It was almost guaranteed to happen when the Chief’s armor change (which I really enjoy) was revealed. It would have looked odd if he had fought the “older” style Covenant after his redesign, where as now they all look like they occupy the same universe.

> I don’t particularly think they did a good job with the Covenant. The artists and designers clearly didn’t care about the canon.

You’re making some awfully big assumptions there, and it’s probably a safe bet that these covies are not the same ones we saw in Halo 1-3.

> > I don’t particularly think they did a good job with the Covenant. The artists and designers clearly didn’t care about the canon.
>
> You’re making some awfully big assumptions there, and it’s probably a safe bet that these covies are not the same ones we saw in Halo 1-3.

True, the old Covenant has fallen but somehow I doubt that explains their grotesque shift in anatomy.

I would understand different armor or tweaks to the anatomical design but this is just going too far with some of them.

> When I first saw the the unmasked elites I was extremely disappointing but now i guess the look grew on me but the grunts just look so odd, I can’t put my finger on it but they remind me of something.

That’s because the grunts for
Halo 4 look like roz from monsters inc…
Look Here

Guys, let’s be honest here. We’ve been shooting the same Covenant in the face for 5 games now. I’m tired of it and I think most of you are too. It’s time for change.