Halo 4 Covenant Weapon Sounds (NO MUSIC)

Thanks for this.

I think Beam Rifle sounds the best out of all of them.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaWMbFVJsE8&feature=player_detailpage

WE GOT A NEW KING! i love it! haha

Excellent

That Carbine…

neuf said.

Some weapons like the needler need a bit more bass. Same thing with Hammer, more bass.

Oh good wub less version. I can’t stand dubstep and it was drowning out the weapons sounds, the hammer in particular.

The sound great but the Storm Rifle sounds a little lackluster, we will have to see in the full game.

The Charged Plasma Pistol shot sounds INSANE!!! The Beam Rifle sounds pretty sick too!

I think the Covie weapons sound alright. They certainly sound powerful, if nothing else.

> Oh good wub less version. I can’t stand dubstep and it was drowning out the weapons sounds, the hammer in particular.
>
> The sound great but the Storm Rifle sounds a little lackluster, we will have to see in the full game.

the only gun sound i dont like is the storm riffle. it just sounds to humanish to me.

Zero of those weapons sound foreign enough.
And the announcer is garbage. We need a new sound director.

> Zero of those weapons sound foreign enough.
> And the announcer is garbage. We need a new sound director.

We do. This game is so impressive on so many levels but is lackluster on certain areas like UI/sound design.

The Beam Rifle needs more “KAAAA!” and “sizzle” and “scream” to it…

It needs that ripping through the air sound to it…

Like…

Halo 2

or

Halo 3

> The Beam Rifle needs more “KAAAA!” and “sizzle” and “scream” to it…
>
> It needs that ripping through the air sound to it…
>
>
> Like…
>
> <mark>Halo 2</mark>
>
> or
>
> Halo 3

Ah, now THAT is a Halo game, and that is how the Beam Rifle should sound.

> > Oh good wub less version. I can’t stand dubstep and it was drowning out the weapons sounds, the hammer in particular.
> >
> > The sound great but the Storm Rifle sounds a little lackluster, we will have to see in the full game.
>
> the only gun sound i dont like is the storm riffle. it just sounds to humanish to me.

It sounds more like a BB Gun to me.

> > The Beam Rifle needs more “KAAAA!” and “sizzle” and “scream” to it…
> >
> > It needs that ripping through the air sound to it…
> >
> >
> > Like…
> >
> > <mark>Halo 2</mark>
> >
> > or
> >
> > Halo 3
>
> Ah, now THAT is a Halo game, and that is how the Beam Rifle should sound.

Halo 4 Beam Rifle doesn’t have enough BITE to it. It’s sounds like a rubber duck being squeezed… A sniper is supposed to have the loud crack sound. Something that says “Woah! That’s a really powerful single shot” not… “awe… that’s an adorable little rubber ducky…”

Plasma pistol and Hammer sound bad. Everything else is alright, Beam sounds kind of funny though.

Don’t like the sounds >_>

Regardless of what we say about Reach, I think we all agree it had a good sound design to it. We never really knew Halo 3 sounded so weak until Reach showed us how awesome Halo could sound.

What 343 should’ve done is take Halo 3’s audio for it’s guns and tweaked it a bit rather than what they did now which is ‘start fresh but go in a different direction that just sounds too weird and un-Halo.’

> Thanks for this.
>
> I think Beam Rifle sounds the best out of all of them.

I couldn’t agree more. The Beam Rifle sounds absolutely fantastic. Couldn’t be happier with it.

However, I’m not too fond of the Plasma Pistol or Storm Rifle. They both sounds like the human weapons to me. They don’t sound like Covenant weapons. Remember the Halo 2 Plasma Rifle? “CHOOCHOOCHOOCHOOCHOO”. The weapons are supposed to sound alien, but to me, these two really don’t. I’m not trying to complain, though. They sound okay, but not like what I think they should sound like, based on the previous Halo titles, though. Thankfully, I’m not too picky about sound design. :]