Halo 4 Covenant Forge palette

Greetings fellow halo veterans, as many of you who have been with this series from the start know halo is a series that has evolved, adapted, and changed throughout its life cycles and various iterations. The impact of nostalgia from past titles, specifically with the famous multi-player maps that many of us become accustomed to and spent days of playing time blasting each other in the face on will not all be accessed in the next title.

Now I know you might say, “But Stey0x we have forge we can recreate the maps we know and love.” Yes, you can play on most human style maps, recreating the past maps down to a step by step symmetry. Many of us remember epic battles on covenant themed maps, the forge pallet does not accommodate for many smoothed, curve, and covenant style pieces. I am suggesting that 343i take a serious step to include a forge palette which allows for recreation of classic covenant themed maps including many curved purple forge objects. I know that I want 343i to focus on creating excellent new maps for this game, and not to include remakes. Personally I believe that if a complete forge pallet was to be included, they would not have to spend time and resources making carbon copies of old maps, and can better pool their resources into making this the best halo game ever. Just remember all the legendary moments that were had playing on Assembly, Midship/Heretic, and Damnation. This will also lead to new and improved possibilities for custom maps and games, imagine playing elites vs spartans with the spartans assaulting a large covenant base. The possibilities are endless, and this is what 343i should strive for with Halo 4, as many endless possibilities as they can provide.

Lazy Version: Covenant geometry should be available via forge to provide full map making ability for classics and new amazing remakes alike.

There at least needs to be human, forerunner and covenant versions of the forge palette. Hopefully there will be variations of each.

Agree completely, I want to be able to play on near identical remakes of classics such as midship, blood gulch, and lockout, all with the authentic original geometry. It would also be incredible to see the crazy new maps people would come up with which are always a blast.

Most of the general shapes in forge are just different sized blocks. I’m surprised they have come up with a way to select and change the texture for the block. For instance, you could select a basic cube, and under it’s properties could be textures, then you could switch between things like Forerunner gray, Sandtrap ruins, Covenant shiny purple, etc. That sort of thing.

I think they should have geometry for Humans, Forerunners, and Covvies. Also, I think they should include a map editor/maker disk for the comp, so it is easier to make new and original maps, and for cooler maps and gametypes.

> Most of the general shapes in forge are just different sized blocks. I’m surprised they have come up with a way to select and change the texture for the block. For instance, you could select a basic cube, and under it’s properties could be textures, then you could switch between things like Forerunner gray, Sandtrap ruins, Covenant shiny purple, etc. That sort of thing.

they could put it on the “team color” tap

I still say map editor… it would make this so much simpler.

I’ve mentioned a lot of stuff about forge in my thread right here

If you want you can read some of my ideas. :wink: