Halo 4 Covenant Explosive Weapons

Alright so in previous Halo titles I’ve noticed a power difference between Spartan explosive ordnances and Covenant ordnances (Grenade Launcher VS Concussion Rifle, Rocket Launcher VS Plasma Launcher). Does anyone have any ideas on what to expect in Halo 4? Can we expect to see bit more of an even playing field?

Another possible comparison would be Spartan Laser VS Focus Rifle. I know Focus Rifle is usually considered more of a sniper/precision weapon, but for arguments sake, lets compare it to the laser, seeing as it does do a small amount of area damage

I want a Needle Launcher. One giant needle crystal that can stick to any object and explode in the angle the exposed section is facing or if it hits a vehicle, it explodes towards the vehicle. Also it can alt fire and if you hold the fire button down and then let go, it explodes in all angles.

> I want a Needle Launcher. One giant needle crystal that can stick to any object and explode in the angle the exposed section is facing or if it hits a vehicle, it explodes towards the vehicle. Also it can alt fire and if you hold the fire button down and then let go, it explodes in all angles.

This is pro.

> I want a Needle Launcher. One giant needle crystal that can stick to any object and explode in the angle the exposed section is facing or if it hits a vehicle, it explodes towards the vehicle. Also it can alt fire and if you hold the fire button down and then let go, it explodes in all angles.

So kinda like a Sticky Detonator/Grenade Launcher, but with Needler technology? That sounds pretty sweet

> > I want a Needle Launcher. One giant needle crystal that can stick to any object and explode in the angle the exposed section is facing or if it hits a vehicle, it explodes towards the vehicle. Also it can alt fire and if you hold the fire button down and then let go, it explodes in all angles.
>
> So kinda like a Sticky Detonator/Grenade Launcher, but with Needler technology? That sounds pretty sweet

they should have had that in reach instead of the plasma grenade launcher!

> Another possible comparison would be Spartan Laser VS Focus Rifle. I know Focus Rifle is usually considered more of a sniper/precision weapon, but for arguments sake, lets compare it to the laser, seeing as it does do a small amount of area damage

Terrible comparison. There isn’t a covenant equivalent to the Spartan Laser. To my knowledge there also is no splash damage with the focus rifle.

> > Another possible comparison would be Spartan Laser VS Focus Rifle. I know Focus Rifle is usually considered more of a sniper/precision weapon, but for arguments sake, lets compare it to the laser, seeing as it does do a small amount of area damage
>
> Terrible comparison. There isn’t a covenant equivalent to the Spartan Laser. To my knowledge there also is no splash damage with the focus rifle.

The Covy equivalent to the Laser is the Plasma launcher, because both serve a primarily anti-vehicle role, must be charged, and can deal out an almost perfectly equal amount of damage with their respective amounts of ammunition.

> > Another possible comparison would be Spartan Laser VS Focus Rifle. I know Focus Rifle is usually considered more of a sniper/precision weapon, but for arguments sake, lets compare it to the laser, seeing as it does do a small amount of area damage
>
> Terrible comparison. There isn’t a covenant equivalent to the Spartan Laser. To my knowledge there also is no splash damage with the focus rifle.

Yeah I know thats not a great comparison, but as far as covie weapons go that seems like the fairest comparison since they both blast a beam and do area damage. The only other covie that might be compared to the laser is the plasma launcher, but I see that as more of a Rocket comparison.

And the Focus Rifle does do a little bit of area damage, but not much. Like if you shoot at the ground by someone’s feet, it will apply a small amount of damage. That being said, the radius for the damage is very small

Let’s just say that the UNSC specializes in blowing -Yoink- up. :slight_smile:

and taking things out from a distance, i.e. sniper rifle.

Meanwhile the covenant specialize in glassing planets, and disintegrating shields.

I love the idea of human weapons being different from the covenant’s…like a way to tell them “you got your power through religiously copying forerunner weapons…we achieved power our own way. SAY HELLO TO THE GAUSS RIFLE YOU ALIEN -Yoinks!-”

I want that giant needle thing DeceptionCobra said. But what would we call it?

I think its a fair bet that the Fuel Rod will be in H4, its the heavy weapon of choice for Covenant enemies after all. I’d quite like to see the Plasma Launcher return, its something inbetween a Spartan Laser and Rocket Launcher and I think fills that gap nicely. Personally I’d love to see the Brute Shot return.

As for anything else… well I think it would be fair to assume that there will be a Promethean heavy weapon or two as well.

> I think its a fair bet that the Fuel Rod will be in H4, its the heavy weapon of choice for Covenant enemies after all. I’d quite like to see the Plasma Launcher return, its something inbetween a Spartan Laser and Rocket Launcher and I think fills that gap nicely. Personally I’d love to see the Brute Shot return.
>
> As for anything else… well I think it would be fair to assume that there will be a Promethean heavy weapon or two as well.

I always forget about the FRG! They don’t put in nearly enough maps so it doesn’t cross my mind. And YES, Brute Shot is the bomb. I strongly prefer it over the Concussion Rifle

I keep seeing the word Yoink! in people’s posts where it appears they would have used foul language. Is that something that the forum monitors do to censor the language? Or are you guys just doing it for fun? lol

> I think its a fair bet that the Fuel Rod will be in H4, its the heavy weapon of choice for Covenant enemies after all. I’d quite like to see the Plasma Launcher return, its something inbetween a Spartan Laser and Rocket Launcher and I think fills that gap nicely. Personally I’d love to see the Brute Shot return.
>
> As for anything else… well I think it would be fair to assume that there will be a Promethean heavy weapon or two as well.

i agree i would love to see a brute shot, (mostly as a cocussion rifle with actually killing power) the only thing is i don’t really like nor do i want to see the plasma launcher in H4.

> > I think its a fair bet that the Fuel Rod will be in H4, its the heavy weapon of choice for Covenant enemies after all. I’d quite like to see the Plasma Launcher return, its something inbetween a Spartan Laser and Rocket Launcher and I think fills that gap nicely. Personally I’d love to see the Brute Shot return.
> >
> > As for anything else… well I think it would be fair to assume that there will be a Promethean heavy weapon or two as well.
>
> i agree i would love to see a brute shot, (mostly as a cocussion rifle with actually killing power) the only thing is i don’t really like nor do i want to see the plasma launcher in H4.

I agree with what you’re saying about the Plasma Rifle. While it is a great anti-vehicle weapon, I would hope that 343 would give the Covenant and Promethian’s a great Anti-Air weapon that also has legitimate person-to-person killing capabilities, like the Spartan Laser.
And if the Plasma Launcher does make a return, I would hope that they would keep it only on large, vehicle heavy maps. Keep it out of maps the size of The Cage and Reflection

Yes. Just yes.

I tend not to use Covenant weapons all that much. Plasma takes longer to hut it’s target.