Halo 4 cortana theory

This theory is kinda sketchy as it has no proof to back it up but ill post it anyway.
At the end of halo when mc rescued cortana.I don’t think that was actually cortana i think it was the gravemind pulling some sort of clever trick.

The reason i think this is because of those flashes throughout halo 3.
In almost half of them cortana sounded either corrupted or rampant.

And the reason the gravemind would go to all this trouble would be to find out what cortanas secret was that he talked about throughout the game.

EDIT.
Another reason as to why i think this is the halo 3 trailer where she talks about defying gods and demons.The gravemind on high charity would mosty have covenant knowledge so im thinking this refers to the humans defying the forunners and cortana defying mc.

We already know she is nearing the end of her life and I think the things during campaign are just memories of things she has said

It’s safe to say that Cortana will be rampant in halo 4.

> It’s safe to say that Cortana will be rampant in halo 4.

seemed off topic

> We already know she is nearing the end of her life and I think the things during campaign are just memories of things she has said

If you’ve read the novels they’re actually quotes from The Fall of Reach from Dr Halsey

> It’s safe to say that Cortana will be rampant in halo 4.

Unless of course within all the knowledge she gain from Installation 04 a way to fight rampancy exists.

nooooo cortana!!! =(

> > It’s safe to say that Cortana will be rampant in halo 4.
>
> Unless of course within all the knowledge she gain from Installation 04 a way to fight rampancy exists.

No o.o only one other AI has survived rampancy and Mendicant bias was a forerruner AI construct that switched sides due to a grave mind