Halo 4 Console Released on 26-Oct-2012

Hey Guys I just wanted to point out that you will be able to get the Halo 4 console AND the game on the 26th of October, 12 days before the normal release if you live in the UK and order from GAME. Here is a link to prove it

Only one post…? Shady…

Ps. I’m assuming it’s a mess up.

Well, I’m not getting one. My xbox is just fine. It should be interesting what happens if people DO get the game early though, and maybe it’ll be like an open beta for the rich and unscrupulous. There could even be a hotfix implemented into the game using data from the early players that would take effect before release!!!

Well I called them up and asked if it was a website mistake and it’s not.

If only they shipped outside the UK for something this expensive…

> Well I called them up and asked if it was a website mistake and it’s not.

Still, I do believe that’s a big mistake, I’d have to check with other retailers, and BS Angel, before I believe it isn’t.

I was planning on getting this anyway on the 6th so I will do some more digging around and call a friend I have that works at GAME to find out if its true.

> I was planning on getting this anyway on the 6th so I will do some more digging around and call a friend I have that works at GAME to find out if its true.

Also, I’d check with 343i/Microsoft to see if GAME is even allowed to do that.

There is no -Yoink!- way this is true. You will not be able to get the game before official release date, it doesn’t help the main crows and it just stirs up a bunch of blam. I highly doubt Mircosoft would be stupid enough to allow this.

There’s no way that’s accurate since the H4 console comes with a copy of H4 which isn’t releasing until November 6th.

I’m sure it has to be an error. There’s no way Microsoft will let this happen.

> Only one post…? Shady…
>
> Ps. I’m assuming it’s a mess up.

It is. This has happened before and they always correct it. No one will be able to “officially & legally” distribute the game before the street date.

> > Only one post…? Shady…
> >
> > Ps. I’m assuming it’s a mess up.
>
> It is. This has happened before and they always correct it. No one will be able to “officially & legally” distribute the game before the street date.

True there are some retailers who break the rules and sells it early. Remember gears 3 some guy got a hold of 10 copies and sold them on ebay for over 100 each…

As for this site it probably a mistake and will be corrected. He/she is probably doing it for this more preorders then will correct it.

> > > Only one post…? Shady…
> > >
> > > Ps. I’m assuming it’s a mess up.
> >
> > It is. This has happened before and they always correct it. No one will be able to “officially & legally” distribute the game before the street date.
>
> True there are some retailers who break the rules and sells it early. Remember gears 3 some guy got a hold of 10 copies and sold them on ebay for over 100 each…
>
> As for this site it probably a mistake and will be corrected. He/she is probably doing it for this more preorders then will correct it.

Possibly. And those who break street dates are usually privately owned small shops that can get away with it since they arent tied to any big company lol. A decently sized website like this one couldnt really do it and get away with it.

I’ve seen Game do it before, they advertise it at an earlier date so you’ll pre-order it and when you go to pick it up they won’t sell it to you. They’re only doing it because their company is going down the crapper. I wouldn’t trust this at all, if anyone has pre-ordered it from Game I’d advise you cancel it and get it elsewhere.

Remember Mass Effect 3? They did the same thing with that, only when the game actually released they had no copies.