Halo 4 Console/LE advice, por favor

Ok, so I went to Gamestop today to add a little more money towards me LE for Halo 4. When the clerk was doing the transaction, I asked “did the Halo 4 console really drop in price by 50 bucks?” and she said “yup, we did” and I was suddenly intrigued.

I asked her, “how much would my original glossy Xbox 360 Slim with 250GB hdd be of worth for trade in?”

“75 bucks, but we are currently doing a double instore credit for trade ins. So, if you trade it in within the promotional period, it is worth 150 bucks”. Well, this concerned me, because that included my HDD. She then said that the xbox slim itself (with not hdd) is 65 (130, with promo) and the HDD itself is 40 bucks! I found a loophole! So, all in all, I can get 170 bucks out of this deal (assuming the promo ends before I trade in my HDD, which I am keeping until I can transfer all my data).

This REALLY intrigued me.

So, I put 50 bucks down on the console, just in case I cave for it.

Basically, here is the situation:

Console = 350 bucks, as of now. 371, with tax.

LE = 100 bucks. (106, with tax).

I have 50 bucks down on the console and 39 down on the LE (both of which is from gift cards).

So far, the Console and LE will cost me…

Console = 321, with tax
LE = 61, with tax.

The net value of the two, currently, is 382.

If I trade in my xbox slim within the promo, I knock 130 bucks off of it, so that leaves the total price at:

$262.

Then, after I trade in my HDD…

$222.

And this is with BOTH the LE AND the console! The only thing is, is that I will be left without an xbox for 3 weeks :frowning:

But, if I do this, I will have an extra copy of the game, so I will sell it on ebay for 63.60. People will be BEGGING for their copy at the time. So, this will knock the prie down to…

$158.40 WITH tax!!!

So, here is my question to you, fellow reclaimers: should I do it? Should I trade in my xbox by the end of the week, and suffer two and a half weeks of not having an xbox? Should I endure this challenge?

PS) What else should I do to knock down the price? How do I go about this? And also too…what do I do with my data? How do I transfer it all from one HDD to another xbox slim??

Thanks guys!!!

…bump?

Are you doing this for the FOTUS armor or do you actually like the H4 console?

2 and a half weeks isn’t nothing really. It will get boring, but will be very much worth it in the end.

To get more money, sell some games (that you don’t play/want). It’s not much (though I did get 20-some bucks for Reach a month ago; Though I do have Powerup Rewards from GameStop, which helps), but it’ll help.

For transferring content, there’s two ways that I know of:
Flash Drive
Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable (I’m just showing from Amazon; I’m pretty sure they’re at Wal-Mart)

I don’t really see a reason for the xbox unless you really like the Halo design or are a collector.

That being said I did trade in my slim for a Reach edition and I am pleased with it.

Being without an xbox for a couple weeks isn’t awful, I’m sure you can manage.

Seems like you should do it tbh. Will be a difficult 2 and a half weeks but you will get a flashy console and Halo 4 at the end of it for a dam good price, so why not do it! I would try and do the same. But, i already have the Reach xbox and i prefer the sounds it makes and it is still a piece of Halo merchandise. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I am doing it for the console itself and the sick -Yoink- controllers! And I will be getting LE as well! And does the transfer unit work for HDDs of the slim to a slim?

Just go for it, you’ve seemed to put a lot of effort into thinking it all through with regards to your fiances.

> Are you doing this for the FOTUS armor or do you actually like the H4 console?

I don’t think there are many people out their willing to spend $400 for a piece of digital armor lol. If so. Mind = Blown.

I made up my mind; I am DOING IT! Xbox 360 Halo 4 Edition, two forerunner controllers, Halo 4 LE, and Fotus armor and FuD extended, and season pass all for 150ish dollars, HERE I COME!!! :smiley:

> > Are you doing this for the FOTUS armor or do you actually like the H4 console?
>
> I don’t think there are many people out their willing to spend $400 for a piece of digital armor lol. If so. Mind = Blown.

Oh there is… believe me. There’s been a few on these very forums lol!

> > > Are you doing this for the FOTUS armor or do you actually like the H4 console?
> >
> > I don’t think there are many people out their willing to spend $400 for a piece of digital armor lol. If so. Mind = Blown.
>
> Oh there is… believe me. There’s been a few on these very forums lol!

Crazy people out there. I am just glad I went to gamestop when I did, or I would have never thought up of this scheme n.n

> > > Are you doing this for the FOTUS armor or do you actually like the H4 console?
> >
> > I don’t think there are many people out their willing to spend $400 for a piece of digital armor lol. If so. Mind = Blown.
>
> Oh there is… believe me. There’s been a few on these very forums lol!

Mind officially blown. I’m buying it from $450 to $250 as I’m selling some of the stuff that comes with it and from my old console.

> > > > Are you doing this for the FOTUS armor or do you actually like the H4 console?
> > >
> > > I don’t think there are many people out their willing to spend $400 for a piece of digital armor lol. If so. Mind = Blown.
> >
> > Oh there is… believe me. There’s been a few on these very forums lol!
>
> Mind officially blown. I’m buying it from $450 to $250 as I’m selling some of the stuff that comes with it and from my old console.

2 weeks of no xbox man…no halo 3…no reach…no borderlands…no dishonored…no minecraft…

Sheesh, is THIS the Great Journey those Covies are glorifying?? If so, then oh boy, these guys are nuts.

Do you have a gaming rig?

Mine was a lifesaver when my 360 died on me, lol.

> Do you have a gaming rig?
>
> Mine was a lifesaver when my 360 died on me, lol.

Aye, I do. Battlefield 3, Guild Wars 2, Diablo 3, and Minecraft.

The ONLY problem I have is the social aspect is a loss; all my buddies are out and about across the country, and I am stuck here in Cincy :frowning:

If anyone here has any of the said games, hit me up! :smiley: