Halo 4 Complaint Thread

I’ve seen a ton of threads that are complaining about the features of Halo 4. So I decided to create a thread that combines all of these complaints so maybe, if this thread becomes huge, we’ll get a response from 343i on these matters.

Here’s every reason that I can think of why Halo 4 is bad.

-No Campaign or SpOps theatre. I loved exploring the Covenant mission in Halo 3, and now I can’t. Confirmed by 343i that it won’t be coming

-I hated the campaign. Come on, no references to Mendicant Bias or the Didact’s past or the Precursors at all? It pretty much went against the H3 terminals completely by making the Didact hate the humans. And it was the worst when Chief and Cortana weren’t even surprised when they saw the Didact, they were just like “oh I’ve seen a billion Forerunners before.” The same thing when Laskey and Palmer saw the Chief. This is just my opinion, and I know a lot of people share the same.

-No in-game 1-50. That was what was making people come back for Halo 3. I played some Halo 3 matchmaking yesterday, and almost EVERY game I got into people were trying to rank up still. I was really surprised, but it was the best experience ever to hear people with mics screaming “there’s a Camo Shotgun guy over in Froman.” Halo 4 lacks the competitiveness that made Halo 2 and 3 so much fun.

-The playlist selection is terrible. Come on, why can’t we have a single Team Objective playlist and get like 5 new playlists in the place of individual game modes? We’re 3 months after launch, and still no Team Snipers, MLG, Rumble Pit, or Team Classic. It’s so annoying. Admittedly, they have made more playlists we’ve been asking for in the past weeks, like a Team Pro one, Grifball, and Doubles. I hope this trend continues.

-No one-sided Objective games, like 1 Flag or Assault. It still baffles me that Assault, the forefather of Grifball, was omitted from the game alltoghether, yet we have Grifball.

-Loadouts don’t work in Halo. Still. The DMR and Boltshot are still unbalanced, leaving BR users like myself at a disadvantage. AAs still break gameplay, like jetpack or camo. Oh, did I mention that you can spawn with a Plasma Pistol or sticky grenades? These are simple decisions that 343i had to make, but didn’t. Even Team Hardcore, a competitive playlist, will have Reach-like loadouts (no armour abilities, but you can still choose BR vs DMR vs LR vs Carbine). If they wanted the playlist to be most competitive, it would be BR only starts.

-I want to restate the OP-ness of Active Camouflage and the Boltshot. I was playing on Exile (I don’t even know why I wasn’t playing Halo 3) and there was this kid camping in the middle with Active Camo and a SAW. Every time I’d go over to him, he’d just Active Camo and SAW me. I finally nade spammed him out of there, and what does he do? Comes up there with his Camo again, and Boltshots me and then picks up his SAW again. If it weren’t for the overpowered Camo or Boltshot, I would have smoked that noob.

-Ordnance kills any chance that this game had to be competitive. I get ordnance with a needler, pulse grenades and speed boost, but someone on the enemy team gets damage boost, binary rifle and spartan laser? Tell me how that is balanced. The random global ordnance is extremely unbalanced as well. I personally hope that this gets taken out of Halo and left in the depths of Microsoft’s offices.

-Sprint still doesn’t belong in Halo. All of the maps are huge as a result of it being in. Just look at Complex. 343i calls that a mid-size map? It’s easily bigger than Standoff from Halo 3, which was a big team map. You can clearly see it in the Lockout remake in matchmaking, too. The map has been stretched out to accommodate sprint, and it doesn’t play the same. There’s not even an option to turn it off in custom games, either. They’ve forced Sprint down out throats.

-No Firefight. Nuff said.

-Flinching kills epic BR or sniping battles. I played Halo 3 a week ago and had an epic sniper duel across Valhalla. It must have lasted a full 2 minutes before I finally 2-shotted him. I had gotten shot right before that as well. I never could have landed that shot in Halo 4 because of flinching. Again, there’s no option to turn this off in custom games.

-We went backwards in Forge. We could have had something bigger than Reach’s forge world, or multiple maps the size of Forge World, but instead we got three maps that are the size of Foundry. What? It’s nearly impossible to make a big team map (not to mention a remake of my favourite Halo map of all time, Sidewinder) which is why they included so many in the game.

-The custom game community was killed by not having an infection mode. How am I supposed to make a Fat Kid gametype where he has a hammer? Or what about Halo on Halo? When you got to the end in Halo 3, you had to have an epic sniper duel with the zombie to win. Now, you can’t do that. And even if you could, it would suck because of flinching (see above) There is already a huge thread made by Time Glitch detailing the problems with Custom Games further.

But worst of all is that 343i just seems to act like this game is the most successful Halo of all time. They don’t even address half of these issues in the Bulletins, or in the comment sections of the forums. Last week, me and a couple other guys made an entire page in the Bulletin’s thread asking BS angel why there was no visible CSR. A whole freaking page of a thread was asking this. And what does she decide to answer? Which version of Grifball would the playlist have. It’s so frustrating. They see our complaints, but they ignore it.

Uggh, I’m so angry after typing this. My beloved Halo, the game I played as a child, owning n00bs on Headlong, the game I played as a high schooler, laughing uncontrollably in a game of Halo 3 monster trucks. I loved Halo. But as far as I’m concerned, Halo ended with Halo 3. This isn’t Halo.

And if you’re going to comment here with annoying stuff like “LOL I think this game is perfect and since you don’t agree you’re wrong” or “Halo 3 is that way, go back there” don’t even bother. If you respectfully disagree to ANY of the points above, please explain why. I don’t want any of the people who say the game is great without an explanation to comment here. I’ve seen you all before, and it just is taking away from this thread. And BTW, I have reverted to Halo 3 because I don’t like this game. If you don’t like it either, I encourage you to do the same.

wow…that is the biggest complaint thread i have ever read. Most of them, I agree with.

PS. You should’ve renamed your title, the Complaint Department.

While I agree with most of your points, I’m positive 99% of the people on the forums are aware of this. I’m sure 343 has read a million threads, emails, tweets, etc. about things like this. They’ve already fixed several things in the past, and it will only be a matter of time before they fix this stuff. Give them a little breathing room, and while your at it, gain some patience.

> wow…that is the biggest complaint thread i have ever read. Most of them, I agree with.
>
>
> PS. You should’ve renamed your title, the Complaint Department.

> While I agree with most of your points, I’m positive 99% of the people on the forums are aware of this. I’m sure 343 has read a million threads, emails, tweets, etc. about things like this. They’ve already fixed several things in the past, and it will only be a matter of time before they fix this stuff. Give them a little breathing room, and while your at it, gain some patience.

Yeah lol, it is pretty big. My hope is that we can get one large complaint thread like Time Glitch’s so that so many people will have posted that 343i will have to respond. Most of the issues above have not been answered by 343i as of right now. I feel like if it’s all in one place, it’ll be easier for 343i to gather feedback and communicate with us.

agree with almost, if not, everything. You might want to add the absence of a UNSC flying vehicle in multiplayer to the list

Honestly just get rid of sprint (so maps can be a normal size again and 4v4 is actually tolerable) loadouts (never should have been in halo dont know what they were thinking) and ordnance. Then this game would honestly be on of the better ones i think. Those 3 things should never be in a halo game or an arena shooter.

And yes i do agree with everything on that list.

> agree with almost, if not, everything. You might want to add the absence of a UNSC flying vehicle in multiplayer to the list

The problem with that is there is no way to remedy that without putting the OP and freaking huge Pelican in MM because there is no code for a vehicle such as the Falcon or Hornet. I was intending this thread to be for things that can be remedied. But I do agree that not including one was a poor decision.

I like nearly every single aspect of Halo 4. Complain at me all you want, it won’t make me quit my opinion.

> -No one-sided Objective games, like 1 Flag or Assault. It still baffles me that Assault, the forefather of Grifball, was omitted from the game alltoghether, yet we have

I made a thread about it already but totally agree.

Surprised you didn’t mention jp.

> I like nearly every single aspect of Halo 4. Complain at me all you want, it won’t make me quit my opinion.

Why would we bash on people who have a different opinion. It is not like you came into the thread belittling us or bashing us, in which case if you did it would be totally justified.

The only time i get mad at someone who has a different opinion is when that person just spews out hate and trys to tell us to just leave. As long as a person does not do that im perfectly fine and so are most others.

> I like nearly every single aspect of Halo 4. <mark>Complain at me all you want, it won’t make me quit my opinion.</mark>

Good for you.

That last part just makes you appear childish no offense. There’s no need put up a hostile guard, when no 1 is attacking. That alone just annoys me. No1 is asking for you to quit your opinion in this thread. It’s like your instigating, but not really trying to.

> Surprised you didn’t mention jp.

I am too lol. I’ll add it to the OP along with bullet magnetism tonight.

Regardless, I enjoy Halo 4 because even though you might not believe its a Halo game I for one believe differently. I enjoy the music, the campaign but matchmaking does lack. You have to remember this ins’t Bungie anymore. Reach was good IMO but Microsoft jumped their -Yoinks!- and wanted another Halo game so I feel that Reach was kinda rushed. I feel that within due time things will change and get better, just bare with 343 for now. They are of a few Bungie employee’s and newbies.

A few things that I don’t like is the fact that their weren’t any skulls to find in the campaign and that the armor for customizing your Marine Spartan just looks bad. They should have had it where you could unlock armor pieces by doing and getting certain achievements.

I reckon a 343 employee will probably read this thread and laugh at the fact that they ‘Forgot’ to include theatre, precision forge, custom games, skill based matchmaking, file share and a campaign that made sense. I even laugh at how they said Halo is going back to its roots, there will be 3 forge worlds ‘slightly’ smaller than reach’s and Everything will be in custom game options. 343 is the best developer, even Treyarch and IW stay faithful to the successful CoD formula. Even Bioware acknowledged the slap in the face ending of ME3 while 343 employess just laugh at how the community wants to kill each other.

> I reckon a 343 employee will probably read this thread and laugh at the fact that they ‘Forgot’ to include theatre, precision forge, custom games, skill based matchmaking, file share and a campaign that made sense. I even laugh at how they said Halo is going back to its roots, there will be 3 forge worlds ‘slightly’ smaller than reach’s and Everything will be in custom game options. 343 is the best developer, even Treyarch and IW stay faithful to the successful CoD formula. Even Bioware acknowledged the slap in the face ending of ME3 while 343 employess just laugh at how the community wants to kill each other.

Yeah, the amount of things that were left out are too large to be because of time constraints. They must have taken them out intentionally. But I never can understand why they would change the already successful Halo formula further after Reach.