Halo 4 Combat Evolved all over again.

For those of you who played Halo CE when it was first released and remember how amazing it was to step on to Halo in the second mission, it was one of those wow gaming moments that very few games have ever given me. After reading about part of the first mission in Halo 4 it seems very much like 343 are trying to recreate that with Halo 4. Starting out small scale on a spaceship and then just blowing you away when you crash land on this mysterious planet, I love the fact that I don’t know what to expect when you land on this planet, what it looks like?, what or who inhabits it? This is why I’m excited for Halo 4.

Let’s just hope they don’t blow it by showing more than an hour of the campaign.

(Reach)

> Let’s just hope they don’t blow it by showing more than an hour of the campaign.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> (Reach)

Same, though with Reach we already knew what was going to happen. Didn’t help Bungie had the tag line “From the beginning, you know the end”. :confused:

Halo 4? We don’t know what’s going to happen and that’s a good thing.

My money is that the Prometheans (elite caste of Forerunner warriors that the Didact is part of) rapes everyone in the Campaign (as they are most likely the “new threat”).

xD

Yeah, I hope they show us a new enemy to fight! I don’t really want to fight the Covenant all over again…

For sure bro

I’ve always said, if you take this game and treat it as a new game rather than an addition to an already well-established series, then it’s more likely to live up to your expectations.

That’s what people did with Halo CE because it was completely new. You can’t get the same experience if you already know and expect what it’s going to be like.

> For those of you who played Halo CE when it was first released and remember how amazing it was to step on to Halo in the second mission, it was one of those wow gaming moments that very few games have ever given me. After reading about part of the first mission in Halo 4 it seems very much like 343 are trying to recreate that with Halo 4. Starting out small scale on a spaceship and then just blowing you away when you crash land on this mysterious planet, I love the fact that I don’t know what to expect when you land on this planet, what it looks like?, what or who inhabits it? This is why I’m excited for Halo 4.

And they did CE with a graphics engind that looked like CARDBOARD.

Halo 4 is going to rock our kneecaps off.

> > For those of you who played Halo CE when it was first released and remember how amazing it was to step on to Halo in the second mission, it was one of those wow gaming moments that very few games have ever given me. After reading about part of the first mission in Halo 4 it seems very much like 343 are trying to recreate that with Halo 4. Starting out small scale on a spaceship and then just blowing you away when you crash land on this mysterious planet, I love the fact that I don’t know what to expect when you land on this planet, what it looks like?, what or who inhabits it? This is why I’m excited for Halo 4.
>
> And they did CE with a graphics engind that looked like CARDBOARD.
>
> Halo 4 is going to rock our kneecaps off.

Didn’t look like cardboard when it came out bro. In fact, people were amazed by the detail in the game and everyone loved MC’s MJOLNIR suit. I agree with you that Halo 4’s graphics will “Blow Us Away” like Halo 2. The game is visually stunning and I am amazed by the sheer amount of detail they have put in the game as seen in some gameplay clips as well as the teaser. They are truly working hard on this. Just have to hope it doesn’t go the way of the Reach.

Here’s a quick plot summary of Halo 4:

FUD crashes into Requiem.
John and Cortana explore Requiem and find UNSC forces thurr.
OH NOES. Captain Oldman has been kidnapped by a mysterious force. Save him from teh Forerunner cruiser.
Requiem is a safe-house for teh -Yoink- Forerunners. Let’s find the Control Room and blow them all to hell, says Oldman.
Old-Mannn is looking for a weapons cache with Sergeant Blackman, and then PRECURSORS NAB HIM.
Mendicant Bias is all ‘i no precursors is -Yoinks!- and i no way 2 kil them’
Mendicant Bias tries to get John to activate Requiem’s fail-safe defence but OH NOEZ DAT WUD KILL MARINES 2
curtaina sez we need Oldman’s neural implants for some fabricated reason
den we gun bloe up FUD to kill dem precancer

Seriously, I hope H4 doesn’t follow in CE’s footsteps too much, otherwise there won’t be many exciting and surprising moments. I’m not seriously suggesting 343 will copypaste CE’s plot with different names, but what I’ve seen so far suggests the opening of the game will be similar.

I’m very excited. Bungie attempted this with Reach in the opening mission, though they failed. The setting was just so dreary and bland and…the aesthetics were just lacking, I felt. I hope the opening scene on the world of Requiem is an amazing moment with beautiful and colorful scenery and locales.