Halo 4 changes that could save us all

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create duplicate posts.

I don’t know why people hate Halo 3s campaign so much. I think it was a fitting end to the trilogy.
As for the writing, we don’t need Halo 4 to be some action flick with explosions every step that you take. It should be a medium paced, 30 seconds of fun over and over Halo game.
The cutscenes in every Halo game have always shown the main character in trouble or deep though. That’s how they should be.

I stopped reading when you said bloom was a cosmetic tweak.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

The end

> I don’t know why people hate Halo 3s campaign so much. I think it was a fitting end to the trilogy.
> As for the writing, we don’t need Halo 4 to be some action flick with explosions every step that you take. It should be a medium paced, 30 seconds of fun over and over Halo game.
> The cutscenes in every Halo game have always shown the main character in trouble or deep though. That’s how they should be.

What do you mean you don’t know why people hate Halo 3’s campaign I just listed the reasons
Cutscenes don’t need to exist exposition should be woven into the game play I also don’t know what you mean by 30 seconds fun over and over I fun from start to finish for about 15 hours that’s a good length for a campaign

> I stopped reading when you said bloom was a cosmetic tweak.
>
> You have no idea what you are talking about.

I was about to say this but then you beat me to it.

Crucify anybody who says the shooting mechanics have been the same on every halo game.

I say Crucify anyone that say’s that Halo 3’s campaign sucked.

Weapon customization I do NOT want to see, it adds pointless complexity.

Large Scale conflicts… Hmm, sounds an awful lot like The Storm in Halo 3… or The Ark (from Halo 3)… Or The Covenant (from Halo 3). What game were you criticizing again for a bad campaign?

Weapons that are actually fun to use. Uh, are you saying they aren’t already? Clearly, you’ve never scored a sweet sniper spree of headshots, a multi-kill with a rocket, lazered a Warthog full of enemies, or stuck an elite in the crotch with a plasma grenade. You also probably haven’t pumped someone full of needles and watch them detonate in a pink explosion, or stabbed someone in the back with a Energy Sword.

More interesting characters. Okay you’re right, Halo does have some pretty boring characters aside from Johnson, Cortana, MC, Gravemind, Half-Jaw, Guilty Spark, and Buck. But other than them, you’re right. Except for those gems of good character, the Halo cast is TERRIBLE. Seriously, look at Noble Team.

Good Writing. I don’t really have a rebuttal for “good writing”, I want this as much as you do.

Hard Achievements. Well, you have to have a few of the cheevos easy to get as incentive to keep playing. Just make them 5GS or something.

Some of your ideas are good, others sound like you’re trolling.

>

>
>
> The end

Interesting characters? Play Halo 2 and watch…

> Weapon customization I do NOT want to see, it adds pointless complexity.
>
> Complexity or Creativity
>
> Large Scale conflicts… Hmm, sounds an awful lot like The Storm in Halo 3… or The Ark (from Halo 3)… Or The Covenant (from Halo 3). What game were you criticizing again for a bad campaign?
>
> I guess large is a relative term. Large to me means like 100 to 150 bad guys not like a couple and Halo 3 sucked.
>
> Weapons that are actually fun to use. Uh, are you saying they aren’t already? Clearly, you’ve never scored a sweet sniper spree of headshots, a multi-kill with a rocket, lazered a Warthog full of enemies, or stuck an elite in the crotch with a plasma grenade. You also probably haven’t pumped someone full of needles and watch them detonate in a pink explosion, or stabbed someone in the back with a Energy Sword.
>
> Those weapons suck look at my suggestions
>
> More interesting characters. Okay you’re right, Halo does have some pretty boring characters aside from Johnson, Cortana, MC, Gravemind, Half-Jaw, Guilty Spark, and Buck. But other than them, you’re right. Except for those gems of good character, the Halo cast is TERRIBLE. Seriously, look at Noble Team.
>
> Noble Team is a collection of cliches. Johnson is the black guy from predator. Guilty Spark is and always will be a stupid character. Cortana is a generic help character. Buck is boring.
>
> Good Writing. I don’t really have a rebuttal for “good writing”, I want this as much as you do.
>
> Hard Achievements. Well, you have to have a few of the cheevos easy to get as incentive to keep playing. Just make them 5GS or something.

Having fun should be the incentive for playing the game you want a feel of accomplishment then actually accomplish something such as writing a book.

> I don’t know why people hate Halo 3s campaign so much. I think it was a fitting end to the trilogy.
> As for the writing, we don’t need Halo 4 to be some action flick with explosions every step that you take. It should be a medium paced, 30 seconds of fun over and over Halo game.
> The cutscenes in every Halo game have always shown the main character in trouble or deep though. That’s how they should be.

I personnaly didnt like 3’s campaign either. Why? Well for one I was disappointed with the graphics because Bungie said that the E3 trailer was going to be the engine they were going to use for the game. Then when it was released a lot of things look unpolished, specifically facial features, excluding the main cast.

They had to cut out some of the cooler features like dual-wielding swords, severing limbs, and what not.

The feel of swapping out Elites with Brutes didnt feel right to me for gameplay.

The game itself felt like the shortest of all the Halos, excluding ODST.

The Flood and the level Cortana were a major pain. The combat forms were weak as hell, but the pure forms were just simply annoying.

We also never really got a moment of a full scaled battle like in the believe trailer. The marketing implied we would finally have to save earth from the biggest threat the covenant could muster, but not even half way into the game, they pull a Halo 2 and have us chase them off to the ark. And even then, they could have added filler. The levels felt too short. The Ark and The Covenant were the longest, and the fight with the two scarabs would have felt more like a threat if we didnt have the scorpion or some hornets as options dangling in front of us. And the cliffhanger signaling a sequel felt like a middle finger from Bungie. Though Crow’s Nest was probably one of my favorite levels of all the Halos.

Just my own opinion though. And I disagree with most of what the OP had to say.

lol is this guy serious?

> lol is this guy serious?

A lot of people on here are, which frightens me.

if halo became this id be a sad panda

I kind of want those changes to happen just to spite all the people who are afraid of almost any change in Halo.

ugh do i really have to pick this apart?

> Mulitplayer is for racist ten year olds and idiots.

You havent even finished the paragraph and you have already come out with a stereotype nearly as large as your ignorance. Just because you love playing through your campaign over and over doesnt mean everyone else does. Multiplayer is one of the defining features of Halo, so of course the damn effort is going to go into it.

> For me Halo has be rather disappointing since the insanely short, poorly written, anti-climatic campaign of Halo 3. Now I know that might be hard to read, but be honest with yourself did Halo 3 really live up to expectations. The Halo formula has grown stale and needs an injection of innovation. I am glad to here that Halo 4 will not be made by Bungie, but I no faith the 343 is going to deliver anything original or half deceit.

If you are trying to say that any of the campaigns had a really innovative story, go through Halo 1 or 2 and count the cliches. The story of both of them isnt great, but what is great is the gameplay and overall feel of the games. Halo 3 was no exception to this.

> It’s not like I’m going to complain without offering multiple solutions. If Halo 4 select anyone of the following innovations, the series would definitely be enjoyed by fans and attract new players.

Yes, master. You are obviously the expert here and 343 should bow down to you and change the game to your every whim. Now, back to reality. Your ideas are stupid and will never be implemented. How old are you again? Coming here and genuinely believing people will listen to you? lol.

> Weapon and vehicle customization would probably be the most interesting new feature. Imagine a room full of sleeping grunts (or whatever the bad guy is Halo 4 it doesn’t matter) with a single elite on patrol. You don’t want to wake up the grunts, but you also don’t want to risk being seen by the elite while sneaking up behind him. So you pop a silencer on your rifle and quietly down the -Yoink!- with a headshot, then the detach the silencer in favor of very loud chainsaw attachment, because sometimes you’re dumb like that. How cool would that be ? Or you have to get across a river so you convert you’re warthog into an amphibious vehicle with random pieces of debris you recover along the riverbed. The possibilities are endless for creative players.

So basically, you want COD customization in a halo game. Do you have any idea how much of a logistical nightmare this would be for multiplayer? Oh wait, I forgot. Thats only for those racist 10 year olds.

Secondly, you are talking about a room with 8 guys in it, which you condemned later. A basic feature of a good argument is that it doesnt contradict itself. You would do well to remember that. Customisable vehicles would require an entirely new game mechanic that would be really difficult to implement whislt keeping the game balanced.

> Large scale conflicts would also be cool. Actual battlefields filled with noise and confusion. Something to match the epicness of say the Normandy invasion for example. Forget this go into a room kill eight bad guys go into another room kill ten others stuff it’s boring and repetitive.Randomly generated encounters would be nice, without it being so linear you feel like you are being dragged along on a Yoink! Leash.

A strange example to use, the Normandy invasion. Was it epic? how do you know? Also, randomly generated encounters are extremely hard to program, and can be a pain in the -Yoink- in some circumstances. Take for example Skyrim. Multiple times have I got to a reasonably powerful boss only to have to fight a dragon at the same time, making the fight nigh on impossible and I have to reload a save to avoid the dragon.

Again, I think your asking too much of a game to include all of these, as a decent customizable vehicle system could easily be used to make an entire game, not just a feature of the next Halo.

> Weapons that are actually fun to use would also be a plus. Weapon balance is cool and everything, but it seems that weapon balance in Halo means all the guns fire wooden bullets, gum drops and pieces of lint. It shouldn’t take an entire clip from an assault rifle to kill something.

I sort of agree with you on this point. Halo Reach removed some of the interesting guns, which were fun to dual wield. Also, it doesnt take an entire clip to kill something on campaign. It only does on multiplayer… Meaning you must be referring to multiplayer in the first place. Hmm… Didnt you say that it was for racist 10 year olds? Congratulations, you have unwittingly insulted yourself.

However, your ideas on guns are downright stupid, but I assume that, at least, is deliberate.

> More interesting characters would also be a cool. I like the Master Chief as much as the next guy, but come on the guy has the personality of a brick. I’ve already come up with a great video game character named Odysseus. He’s a four hundred pound developmentally disabled Chinese man who was kicked out of sumo wrestling for unnecessary roughness. I got the idea from seeing William hung and playing as E.Honda in street fighter. He’s has a partner named Rex Danger an ex kangaroo boxer with the ability to see the future deaths of people he has had physical contact with. There also seems to be a shortage of main characters with funny accents and/or hats but I won’t get into that.

So your saying that Sergeant Johnson, Possibly one of the most iconic video game characters of all time, has a bland personality. lol. Also, you fail to see that Chief was supposed to be reserved, quiet but lethal. That was the point.

> Good writing is also essential. What’s that guy who wrote District 9 doing ? Get him to write the next game or the guy that wrote the book Old Man’s War or something. I bet those guys now how to write climatic ends with explosions and dinosaurs and tear wrenching melodrama.

The industry doesnt work like that. You cant just force someone to write something just because they wrote something else that you liked.

> Stop giving achievements out for stupid things like finishing levels that’s like getting a participation trophy at a soccer game it isn’t worth anything because every bone head got one. Make people work for their achievements. In fact, make some of them impossible just so obsessive compulsive people can never rest.

Or do the opposite. Remove the damn achievements so the whores actually play the game instead of finding ways to boost.

> I like Halo a lot and I have heard the saying if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but if everybody had that attitude we’d still be riding horses everywhere and dying from scurvy.

You could also say “If it ain’t fixed don’t break it further.” Which is what you are doing.

[/quote]
I personnaly didnt like 3’s campaign either.
[/quote]
you sir crushed my soul :frowning: