Halo 4 can be as great or better then any Halo..

My feeling is it doesnt even matter who makes Halo now it can be great… the game has already been designed… people accepted the idea of it when it was new and there werent any other games on consoles that measured up to it… but Halo 2 was project lead by Jason Jones, muliplayer lead was Max Hoberman… For Halo 3 harold Ryan was lead and Chris Carneu was multiplayer lead… ( completely differently people who only had one thing in common - they were fans and followed an idea already there ) the people who designed the Halo concept art in Halo CE arent needed… their work was copied and modified in each game… Once a games concept is etablished… changes are made but mostly things stay relatively the same… Chances are GREAT that 343i will have BR back in Halo 4 simply because the timeline picks up after Halo 3 where Masterchief left off…most people in lead of Halo at 343i have one thing in common they were all long time Halo fans that played Halo Ce, Halo 2 and 3… so they want to preserve the game they love ( and follow an idea already there )… besides that anyone artist can take and idea already made and redraw it… they’ve done that every halo game… any muscial composer can make music that is new and tolerable… any competent engineer can do their job…

All we can do is have faith in 343i. Bungie tried to squeeze as much money as possible out of Reach before they gave Halo up, and it worked. Hopefully 343i isn’t all about money and more about the fans.

Agreed. They need to Base the gameplay on H2/H3 a bit more. Make the BR hitscan again, speed up the walking, just make it feel like Halo again. But I think where 343 could win is if they make the game split into 2. One side for the H:R crowd, aka, more casual and screw around playlist, and the people who want a 100% classic halo with no equipment or AA’s with a ranking system. I think if they strive to at least bring back more competitive feelings to halo without the randomness, they are golden.

> All we can do is have faith in 343i. Bungie tried to squeeze as much money as possible out of Reach before they gave Halo up, and it worked. Hopefully 343i isn’t all about money and more about the fans.

As i said above… it seems most in lead at 343i are long time Halo fans that played even Halo ce… I think the VERY LAST they want to do it be failures at a game they love, failures at their jobs, and get blasted for making a game bomb…

Hopefully Halo 4 can live up to Halo’s potential.

> Hopefully Halo 4 can live up to Halo’s potential.

I think with this being 343’s chance to prove themselves, they are not going to just toss the game together. I expect to be blown away.

anything “can” be, doesn’t mean it will be

> anything “can” be, doesn’t mean it will be

Just going by the facts… Reach is Pre Halo CE… Spartans armor abilities were due to changes unauthorized by the spartan program, made by the govt, outside of the spartan program … i think thats why Bungie felt they had a pass to make Halo Reach different - afterall, it was a different time and planet in which many spartans were existing ( where as after that it seems masterchief is more like Luke in Return of the Jedi, the one and only ) … Halo 4 is following a timeline already set by Halo 2 and 3… It would MAKE ZERO sense for MAsterchief to suddenly wield a DMR which he never was premised to have shot, seen, or previously wielded and any Halo story he was in…That one change alone ( back to BR in H4 ) would make alot of people think “this feels more like Halo” because BR has always been there and now its not…in essence they unwittingly removed a ‘staple’ of the game by trying to get away from the BR as a do-it-all weapon. Halo 3 did get away from Halo 2’s “use off all available weapons on the map” I do admit - so they have a chance to bring BR back… maybe they should remove BR’s super long range ( just a tad - not alot )… this will make Halo a more intesnse 'engaging, up close fighter its supposed to be with just sniper 4 longrange…

I can bet 343i will not change Halo much… what no one can bet on is will AA’s be in multiplayer in some form (as an optional list or not at all) … no on knows… but 343i seems to be listening to feedback… so that in itself is good

343i Battle Rifle is a must, if you want to have DMR an a optional laying around ok, but BR needs to be the default