Halo 4: Campaign vs. Multiplayer

What would you like 343i to focus more on? Multiplayer or Campaign?

I would like 343i to focus more on Campaign. I mean, it is the start of a new trilogy. A new story. The return of the Master Chief. I would like to see the most spectacular Halo campaign ever! Lots of awesomeness and super long!

What would you like?

I would like them to focus on them both a lot, but to answer your question, I am going to go with the Campaign. I want that sense of discovery in Halo 4. i also wouldn’t mind something to fear (like the flood in CE)

Yeah, the Flood used to scare the crap out of me when I first played it.

Campaign plz.

I want them to put in their time with both. I want an amazing campaign, but I don’t want a lackluster multiplayer… And vice versa. 343 needs to develop the whole package, not just half of it. Otherwise Halo 4 is going to get a lot of heat from those who enjoy one or the other.

But IF I had to choose one, it would definitely have to be Campaign. Amazing story, great cast of characters, breath-taking environments, and engaging cinematic gameplay.

=D

Multiplayer is the most important aspect of halo. Without a good enjoyable multiplayer halo 4 will not be able to grow or sustain a large healthy community, as multiplayer is the major aspect of the game the keeps people hooked.

For the love of God, CAMPAIGN. I don’t want another Reach. I want an amazing campaign/story that people are going to remember for years, even decades to come. What are people going to remember more? A good multiplayer experience? Or an amazing campaign that blew you away?

both

they really need to rely on the campaign to prevent another reach but to be competitive with COD they would also need to spend a lot of time on the multiplayer

> For the love of God, CAMPAIGN. I don’t want another Reach. I want an amazing campaign/story that people are going to remember for years, even decades to come. What are people going to remember more? A good multiplayer experience? Or an amazing campaign that blew you away?

Oh yeah Halo Reach Had such a Good MP (sarcasm) Nobody will play caimpagn after a few runs

A good campaign lasts about 6 or 7 hours long and you might get 1-3 days of replay if you absolutely love the campaign to death but in mm most people can get 6-20 days in a year so I would like the part of the game everyone gets hooked on (mm) to be amazing to keep people there forever but the campaign should be great but I like the mm better

Multiplayer. Yeah you want a good campaign but it’s not going to be the thing that people go back to the game for. If the game could only have Multiplayer or Campaign, and it only had campaign, after completing the game a few times people would have no reason to play any more, whereas if it were just multiplayer people would play it for a long time. CEA is a good example of this, people will play the campaign a few times, then they’re going to play the multiplayer.

(Just to clarify I do know the poll isn’t saying if the game could only have multiplayer or campaign which would you pick, I’m just using it as an example.

Although they have teams that work on respective aspects of the game such as the campaign and multiplayer, if I had to chose, campaign should be focused on.

The single player experience for any game should have more impact than the multiplayer, Halo especially. Multiplayer is there for the lasting replayability. Campaign should be there for the lasting impact. When you think of that specific game’s campaign, you can pull large parts of it from memory from how good and memorable it was.

I COMPLETELY AGREE…I WOULDN’T FORK OUT $60 FOR CAMPAIGN ONLY. I WOULD, HOWEVER, LIKE TO SEE MORE OPTIONS IN (MM). WHO CAN TELL HALO THE BEST DOESN’T MATTER AS LONG AS IT’S TOLD.

Ah, man. I can’t decide. I guess campaign always comes first, so campaign.

Multiplayer, it’s what everyone is going to be playing the majority of the time.

> For the love of God, CAMPAIGN. I don’t want another Reach. I want an amazing campaign/story that people are going to remember for years, even decades to come. What are people going to remember more? A good multiplayer experience? Or an amazing campaign that blew you away?

Campign is what buys the game, multiplayer is what keeps players playing, so they need to find the perfect campaign/multiplayer ratio.

I know alot of people that buy games for the multiplayer and don’t even play the story in games. And if halo wants to compete with the likes of that disgusting game COD halo needs to have a really good multiplayer.

i want them to focus on both

if the game has a crappy campaign, 343 would bomb their reputation, which is already low, considering that they only made waypoint, and changes to reach.
also with that, if it has a crappy campaign, it will turn HALO into a multiplayer-based game, like Battlefiled for example, and that isint halo at all.
and then 343 would have to result in making challenges for players that involve campaign JUST to make them play it

if the focus on the campaign, the multiplayer will be bad, and after looking at HALO’s vast popularity JUST for the multiplayer, it would nuke the community more than Reach did

so, again, i say both

Campaign > Multiplayer.

Campaign is the game. Multiplayer is just an additional feature.