Halo 4 Campaign Skulls & Gameplay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13StGhMfAng

Grunt birthday is my favorite skull

> Grunt birthday is my favorite skull

It was my favorite in Halo 2. Much more Epic. It was cool in 3, but I started to hate in Reach when everyone and their grandmother used the Armor Effect in MM.

OT: Awesome. Glad Skulls are back.

couldnt watch the whole thing didnt enjoy how poorish quailty that gamespot video was

Ahh i wanted bandanna :frowning:

I’m disappointed. I’m guessing the skulls won’t be hidden. And I’ll bet all the skulls are unchanged from Reach. :frowning:

I hated Tilt skull but Promethean weapons may just prove to be the go-to weapon, so it won’t be a game of utility weapons again, hopefully.

This is what I wanted:

> Not returning skulls:
>
> Envy
>
> Pinata - I like getting rewarded for taking risks
>
> Returning skulls:
>
> Halo Anniversary Black Eye - nice instant recharge. Halo 2’s would be nice as well as there’s no Invincibility or Armor Lock in Halo 4, which will make extremely dangerous tricking a -Yoink- to attempt
>
> Halo 2 Catch - Halo 2 Grunts spam them more crazily than Halo 3/Reach Grunts. Insane throwing rate
>
> Halo 3 Thunderstorm - Ultras have always been redundant, serving as an unnecessary rank. Fortunately, there seems to be no Ultras in Halo 4, which means we’ll likely get Halo 3 Thunderstorm. I also hated how every Grunt required more than 1 headshot. It slowed down fights on Easy/Normal and made Heroic/Legendary unpleasant
>
> Halo 2 Grunt Birthday Party - every enemy should go out with a bang, not just Grunts. I wouldn’t mind Halo 3’s since it also had splash damage
>
> Halo 2 IWHBYD - rare unique dialogue > funny and vulgar
>
> Reach Cowbell - 3x instead of 2x force (with Cowbell, Noble Six can move Covie supply cases much better than Master Chief. In Halo 2 and Halo 3, supply cases are unbelievably heavy. In Reach, you can get a flipped one upright within 30 seconds)
>
> New skulls:
>
> A skull that only takes away the HUD, not the first person model. Blind is horrible (how is it supposed to help immerse or improve gameplay?), redundant (we have Theater), and far from memorable. I bet the only reason it was included was for SLASO preservation, which is admirable but not building on the lessons learned from Halo Anniversary: including new skulls that focus on AI intelligence and improving gameplay, not making it random and unbearable.

Of course, the most important thing (to me) is if we can turn on/off skulls without restarting the level, like in Halo 2. If that is finally included, I won’t mind.

I had to make many game saves for just 1 battle in Halo 3, all because I couldn’t turn off skulls (I turned them on to preserve the enemy, vehicles, etc., which makes combat unpleasant) and because I couldn’t turn on skulls (I collected a lot of AI but turning on Catch during the setup was too risky so I had to keep it off. So when the battle starts, there is no battle. They are easily killed). Halo 3/ODST/Reach skulls are a big waste of time to turn on; inconveniences setup work and battles.

<mark>It is important to consider all difficulties when including skulls, and not just Legendary. That’s why Halo 2’s skulls are the most memorable.</mark>

Just go to the source in the description its way better quality there :slight_smile:

> Ahh i wanted bandanna :frowning:

= I want easy mode

That is my favorite to!

> > Ahh i wanted bandanna :frowning:
>
> = I want easy mode

Not everything has to be a challenge for everyone in order to have fun.

Why wouldn’t the skulls be hidden? Its the best part of the skulls finding them!

> I’m disappointed. I’m guessing the skulls won’t be hidden. And I’ll bet all the skulls are unchanged from Reach. :frowning:
>
> I hated Tilt skull but Promethean weapons may just prove to be the go-to weapon, so it won’t be a game of utility weapons again, hopefully.
>
> This is what I wanted:
>
>
>
> > Not returning skulls:
> >
> > Envy
> >
> > Pinata - I like getting rewarded for taking risks
> >
> > Returning skulls:
> >
> > Halo Anniversary Black Eye - nice instant recharge. Halo 2’s would be nice as well as there’s no Invincibility or Armor Lock in Halo 4, which will make extremely dangerous tricking a -Yoink!- to attempt
> >
> > Halo 2 Catch - Halo 2 Grunts spam them more crazily than Halo 3/Reach Grunts. Insane throwing rate
> >
> > Halo 3 Thunderstorm - Ultras have always been redundant, serving as an unnecessary rank. Fortunately, there seems to be no Ultras in Halo 4, which means we’ll likely get Halo 3 Thunderstorm. I also hated how every Grunt required more than 1 headshot. It slowed down fights on Easy/Normal and made Heroic/Legendary unpleasant
> >
> > Halo 2 Grunt Birthday Party - every enemy should go out with a bang, not just Grunts. I wouldn’t mind Halo 3’s since it also had splash damage
> >
> > Halo 2 IWHBYD - rare unique dialogue > funny and vulgar
> >
> > Reach Cowbell - 3x instead of 2x force (with Cowbell, Noble Six can move Covie supply cases much better than Master Chief. In Halo 2 and Halo 3, supply cases are unbelievably heavy. In Reach, you can get a flipped one upright within 30 seconds)
> >
> > New skulls:
> >
> > A skull that only takes away the HUD, not the first person model. Blind is horrible (how is it supposed to help immerse or improve gameplay?), redundant (we have Theater), and far from memorable. I bet the only reason it was included was for SLASO preservation, which is admirable but not building on the lessons learned from Halo Anniversary: including new skulls that focus on AI intelligence and improving gameplay, not making it random and unbearable.
>
> Of course, the most important thing (to me) is if we can turn on/off skulls without restarting the level, like in Halo 2. If that is finally included, I won’t mind.
>
> I had to make many game saves for just 1 battle in Halo 3, all because I couldn’t turn off skulls (I turned them on to preserve the enemy, vehicles, etc., which makes combat unpleasant) and because I couldn’t turn on skulls (I collected a lot of AI but turning on Catch during the setup was too risky so I had to keep it off. So when the battle starts, there is no battle. They are easily killed). Halo 3/ODST/Reach skulls are a big waste of time to turn on; inconveniences setup work and battles.
>
> <mark>It is important to consider all difficulties when including skulls, and not just Legendary. That’s why Halo 2’s skulls are the most memorable.</mark>

This.

I want Envy again, Active Camo for the Master Chief would be so good…

I hope they’re hidden

When do they talk about skulls? I did some skipping around and couldn’t find it.

They don’t talk about it but right in the start of the video it shows a picture of all the skulls at the bottom!

There’s gotta be some new one’s. (:frowning:

I didn’t watch the video to avoid spoilers, so if they confirm these to be the only skulls please tell me.

I think that all of them are confirmed I could be wrong though.

Wait, I thought they said no skulls? Well… then again they did say there wouldn’t be any Grifball…

Where did they say that?