Halo 4 campaign gameplay speculation

Since this is my first thread here since AGES, it might as well contain something remotely interesting.

I hope I can deliver that.

Now, what we know so far is that Elites and Grunts will be in Halo 4 for at least the first mission, we know that the encased planet called requiem is covered in forerunner structures that are still in use, hinting at forerunners being present there.

Those were the facts, now onto speculation:

The Master Chief is awakened by Cortana, they have their cynical moment and Cortana mentions that they are surrounded by Covenant ships, possibly remnants of the Covenant empire, let’s refer to them as Neo-Covenant.

So the Master Chief has to get rid of the Covenant around the area as Cortana mentioned that they are hostile.

Several ways how the the Chief and Cortana end up on Requiem could include:

1. There are still 1-3 escape pods docked that are still good enough for use.

2. The ship is still intact enough the somehow crash onto requiem without killing the Chief and Cortana. (This theory is unlikely, but hey, you can always try.)

3. The Chief and Cortana board one of the Covenant ships and Cortana hijacks it by taking control of the ship’s command center, effectively and safely landing it on Requiem while the Chief defends the command center from waves of Neo-Covenant.

4. The Chief and Cortana get intercepted by the UNSC Infinity and the crew aboard that ship takes them to surface, escaping the covenant by a redefined Slips-space stream, since the humans acquired Forerunner technology.

I’m guessing that for a great portion of the game you will be fighting a mix of Neo-Covenant, Forerunner fauna, and maybe even human rebels.

Frankie mentioned that you won’t be FIGHTING flood in Halo 4.

What if when you’re nearing the end of the game, Cortana picks up signals from incoming lifeforms/ships, who knows?

“They’re coming back … and there’s a LOT more of them this time”

That was my little speculation.

Comment, reply, ask!

Opinions are always welcome!

> Since this is my first thread here since AGES, it might as well contain something remotely interesting.
>
> I hope I can deliver that.
>
> Now, what we know so far is that Elites and Grunts will be in Halo 4 for at least the first mission, we know that the encased planet called requiem is covered in forerunner structures that are still in use, hinting at forerunners being present there.
>
> Those were the facts, now onto speculation:
>
> The Master Chief is awakened by Cortana, they have their cynical moment and Cortana mentions that they are surrounded by Covenant ships, possibly remnants of the Covenant empire, let’s refer to them as Neo-Covenant.
>
> So the Master Chief has to get rid of the Covenant around the area as Cortana mentioned that they are hostile.
>
> Several ways how the the Chief and Cortana end up on Requiem could include:
>
> 1. There are still 1-3 escape pods docked that are still good enough for use.
>
> 2. The ship is still intact enough the somehow crash onto requiem without killing the Chief and Cortana. (This theory is unlikely, but hey, you can always try.)
>
> 3. The Chief and Cortana board one of the Covenant ships and Cortana hijacks it by taking control of the ship’s command center, effectively and safely landing it on Requiem while the Chief defends the command center from waves of Neo-Covenant.
>
> 4. The Chief and Cortana get intercepted by the UNSC Infinity and the crew aboard that ship takes them to surface, escaping the covenant by a redefined Slips-space stream, since the humans acquired Forerunner technology.
>
>
> I’m guessing that for a great portion of the game you will be fighting a mix of Neo-Covenant, Forerunner fauna, and maybe even human rebels.
>
> Frankie mentioned that you won’t be FIGHTING flood in Halo 4.
>
> What if when you’re nearing the end of the game, Cortana picks up signals from incoming lifeforms/ships, who knows?
>
> “They’re coming back … and there’s a LOT more of them this time”
>
> That was my little speculation.
>
> Comment, reply, ask!
>
> Opinions are always welcome!

Not sure if they run into infinity. But the 3 options of how they leave the FOTD are likely.

First way of leaving Forward unto Dawn would be very much like the beginning of Halo 1. 2 would be kinda crazy and epic (and fiery) so i think that would also be a cool option. As for controlling a covenant ship… why would chief land on requiem if he gains control of a ship with a functional FTL drive? wouldn’t Cortana be able to jump away from there almost immediately? chief could take the ship back to a friendly but not-secret location after taking out all the covenant onboard (its chief, and with Cortana manipulating the ships life support its not 100% impossible for him to do). thats why i think that out of what you posted, 1 and 2 are most likely, with 1 slightly more possible than 2.

I think it be cool to be able to drive the escape pod from Halo Ce and choose where you land. It would add some variety and replay-ability while being utterly badass.

Do covenant boarding crafts have escape pod capabilities? If so then he could take one and use it as an escape pod. Most likely is that there are still some escape pods left.