Halo 4 Bundle with new console and Game Engine?

  1. Do you think that halo for will be on a new console (perhaps bundled on release)

  2. Do you think Halo 4 will use Halo: Reach’s engine (or a modified version of it) or it will use a complelty new engine? (if on a new engine, more likely on a new console)

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/halo-4-new-details-on-graphics-engine-surface

Halo 4 is still based off the past technology that previous Halo games used. Most likely to try and keep the same balance in physics that all Halo games have had. So I wouldn’t exactly dub it as the “Reach” engine, rather just the Halo engine that we’ve had a feel for in the past Halo games. We’re obviously not sure in the changes they’re going to make in terms of the visual/technical side of things, but I have a feeling it’s still going to look and play like a Halo game with probably a bit of more “umph” in it.

As for a new console… I’m pretty sure we’ve already established that Halo 4 will come out on the Xbox 360.

Its a new game, not a sub game, its a new main game of the Halo universe. Of course it will have a new engine.

> http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/halo-4-new-details-on-graphics-engine-surface
>
> Halo 4 is still based off the past technology that previous Halo games used. Most likely to try and keep the same balance in physics that all Halo games have had. So I wouldn’t exactly dub it as the “Reach” engine, rather just the Halo engine that we’ve had a feel for in the past Halo games. We’re obviously not sure in the changes they’re going to make in terms of the visual/technical side of things, but I have a feeling it’s still going to look and play like a Halo game with probably a bit of more “umph” in it.
>
> As for a new console… I’m pretty sure we’ve already established that Halo 4 will come out on the Xbox 360.

QFT :slight_smile:

How come we know so little about the Halo engine and its not shown off like the cry engine or the unreal engine? Whats the name of Halo’s engine?? The Halo engine, the ring engine, the reclaimer engine??? What is it??

> How come we know so little about the Halo engine and its not shown off like the cry engine or the unreal engine? Whats the name of Halo’s engine?? The Halo engine, the ring engine, the reclaimer engine??? What is it??

Well, engines like the CryEngine and Unreal Engine are made for multiple platforms and the creators behind them (Crytek & Epic) license their engine to hundreds of other developers. Halo’s engine is a proprietary engine made completely in-house. In-house meaning that you’ll probably never see other developers with the same exact tech.

> > How come we know so little about the Halo engine and its not shown off like the cry engine or the unreal engine? Whats the name of Halo’s engine?? The Halo engine, the ring engine, the reclaimer engine??? What is it??
>
> Well, engines like the CryEngine and Unreal Engine are made for multiple platforms and the creators behind them (Crytek & Epic) license their engine to hundreds of other developers. Halo’s engine is a proprietary engine made completely in-house. In-house meaning that you’ll probably never see other developers with the same exact tech.

Not to mention it gets either completely rebuilt or overhauled each new game.

> its a new main game of the Halo universe. Of course it will have a new engine.

I wish this were true for CoD…

Lol

> > its a new main game of the Halo universe. Of course it will have a new engine.
>
> I wish this were true for CoD…
>
>
> Lol

Lol.

> > its a new main game of the Halo universe. Of course it will have a new engine.
>
> I wish this were true for CoD…
>
>
> Lol

It still amazes me how CoD is still building itself on such an old engine. You’d think by now they would upgrade. In my honest opinion, if CoD ran on a brand new engine with updated graphics, I think people will come to respect CoD a bit more. One of the complaints everyone hurls around with CoD is that it always looks the same as the previous games. If Activision would give the CoD developers the budget and time for a new engine, I think people would come to respect it more. But the fact that it always looks the same pretty much gives people the incentive to say that it’s just being milked.

> > > its a new main game of the Halo universe. Of course it will have a new engine.
> >
> > I wish this were true for CoD…
> >
> >
> > Lol
>
> It still amazes me how CoD is still building itself on such an old engine. You’d think by now they would upgrade. In my honest opinion, if CoD ran on a brand new engine with updated graphics, I think people will come to respect CoD a bit more. One of the complaints everyone hurls around with CoD is that it always looks the same as the previous games. If Activision would give the CoD developers the budget and time for a new engine, I think people would come to respect it more. But the fact that it always looks the same pretty much gives people the incentive to say that it’s just being milked.

They think they don’t need a new engine. They trust themselves so much. I mean really, have you seen one of the trailers for it? “The most anticipated game in history”. I mean, I can somewhat take “The most anticipated game of the year”, “The most anticipated game of the decade” starts sounding a bit arrogant, but “The most anticipated game in history” goes way over my tolerance.

On topic: Although I hope Halo 4 would be on the next console, I believe it’s pretty much hopeless.

> > > > its a new main game of the Halo universe. Of course it will have a new engine.
> > >
> > > I wish this were true for CoD…
> > >
> > >
> > > Lol
> >
> > It still amazes me how CoD is still building itself on such an old engine. You’d think by now they would upgrade. In my honest opinion, if CoD ran on a brand new engine with updated graphics, I think people will come to respect CoD a bit more. One of the complaints everyone hurls around with CoD is that it always looks the same as the previous games. If Activision would give the CoD developers the budget and time for a new engine, I think people would come to respect it more. But the fact that it always looks the same pretty much gives people the incentive to say that it’s just being milked.
>
> They think they don’t need a new engine. They trust themselves so much. I mean really, have you seen one of the trailers for it? “The most anticipated game in history”. I mean, I can somewhat take “The most anticipated game of the year”, “The most anticipated game of the decade” starts sounding a bit arrogant, but “The most anticipated game in history” goes way over my tolerance.
>
> On topic: Although I hope Halo 4 would be on the next console, I believe it’s pretty much hopeless.

Call of duty is a great game i’ll give it that. Its Successful, it addictingly fun, its popular, it has decent game-play. But Its The Same thing Every game. Every Year. for over what seven…eight, years now.

The Engine started showing its age back with WaW. So if the Add new controls, weapons, game-play elements like Shielded health etc. and redesigned the hud display, used a completely brand new decent engine like Reach did, and stop making a CoD game EVERY year and space them out, people including me would give respect back to CoD once again, and it would do a lot better. Because as it is right now its slowly digging it’s own grave and i dont think CoD will last till MW5…

> http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/halo-4-new-details-on-graphics-engine-surface
>
> Halo 4 is still based off the past technology that previous Halo games used. Most likely to try and keep the same balance in physics that all Halo games have had. So I wouldn’t exactly dub it as the “Reach” engine, rather just the Halo engine that we’ve had a feel for in the past Halo games. We’re obviously not sure in the changes they’re going to make in terms of the visual/technical side of things, but I have a feeling it’s still going to look and play like a Halo game with probably a bit of more “umph” in it.
>
> As for a new console… I’m pretty sure we’ve already established that Halo 4 will come out on the Xbox 360.

ya they have said it will be on 360 but theres no reason it couldnt be on both. Even if the console doesnt come till 2013 they could just release a “updated version”. IF the new console came out in 2012(many say no but the 360 was anounced and released in a 6 month time frame) it could launch on both console simutaniously with the ‘720’ version having better graphics, better tech, more content or what ever they want. It makes sense because releasing it on both platforms would mean more sales, and and haveing it as launch title for 720 would massivly push console sales even if it came on the 360 as well.

We probably won’t see news of a new console until E3 next year, and it probably won’t come out late 2012, 2013.

I won’t hold my breath on Halo 4 releasing on the next Microsoft console, Halo 5 or the next game after 4 will probably be on the new console.

> > http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/halo-4-new-details-on-graphics-engine-surface
> >
> > Halo 4 is still based off the past technology that previous Halo games used. Most likely to try and keep the same balance in physics that all Halo games have had. So I wouldn’t exactly dub it as the “Reach” engine, rather just the Halo engine that we’ve had a feel for in the past Halo games. We’re obviously not sure in the changes they’re going to make in terms of the visual/technical side of things, but I have a feeling it’s still going to look and play like a Halo game with probably a bit of more “umph” in it.
> >
> > As for a new console… I’m pretty sure we’ve already established that Halo 4 will come out on the Xbox 360.
>
> ya they have said it will be on 360 but theres no reason it couldnt be on both. Even if the console doesnt come till 2013 they could just release a “updated version”. IF the new console came out in 2012(many say no but the 360 was anounced and released in a 6 month time frame) it could launch on both console simutaniously with the ‘720’ version having better graphics, better tech, more content or what ever they want. It makes sense because releasing it on both platforms would mean more sales, and and haveing it as launch title for 720 would massivly push console sales even if it came on the 360 as well.

Can’t wait till H5 on the new console! Hopefully it won’t be called the 720. Really another 180 degrees? Come on Xbox!

> > > http://www.examiner.com/video-game-in-national/halo-4-new-details-on-graphics-engine-surface
> > >
> > > Halo 4 is still based off the past technology that previous Halo games used. Most likely to try and keep the same balance in physics that all Halo games have had. So I wouldn’t exactly dub it as the “Reach” engine, rather just the Halo engine that we’ve had a feel for in the past Halo games. We’re obviously not sure in the changes they’re going to make in terms of the visual/technical side of things, but I have a feeling it’s still going to look and play like a Halo game with probably a bit of more “umph” in it.
> > >
> > > As for a new console… I’m pretty sure we’ve already established that Halo 4 will come out on the Xbox 360.
> >
> > ya they have said it will be on 360 but theres no reason it couldnt be on both. Even if the console doesnt come till 2013 they could just release a “updated version”. IF the new console came out in 2012(many say no but the 360 was anounced and released in a 6 month time frame) it could launch on both console simutaniously with the ‘720’ version having better graphics, better tech, more content or what ever they want. It makes sense because releasing it on both platforms would mean more sales, and and haveing it as launch title for 720 would massivly push console sales even if it came on the 360 as well.
>
> Can’t wait till H5 on the new console! Hopefully it won’t be called the 720. Really another 180 degrees? Come on Xbox!

ya but it wont come out till 2015. id rather just have halo 4 on the next box in 2012 or 2013. the reason halo 5 wont come out till 2015 is because every main halo game is released 3 years apart. the only reason 4 is differant is because its been in development since 08 or 09.

i think he means is there gonna be a halo 4 specific console like they did with halo 3 i have one and its broken and i wanna wait till the halo 4 one comes out if there is one

> i think he means is there gonna be a halo 4 specific console like they did with halo 3 i have one and its broken and i wanna wait till the halo 4 one comes out if there is one

There better be a Halo 4 one. I love my Reach-box! Long after it breaks, it’ll have a proud spot on my shelf.

  1. unless Gamestop, Best Buy, Halo Waypoint itself, and many other places lied to us… it’s on Xbox 360. and the Xbox 720 would have already been announced if this was true. expect the 720 released in 2014. expect Halo 5 released in 2015 on the 720.

  2. already been said it’s a new engine. it already looks like a different engine.

… unless you’re talking about a Halo 4 Xbox 360 and Controller (Bundle)… then it better! even if I can’t get it, I want to just Yoink! over its looks ;D

> Its a new game, not a sub game, its a new main game of the Halo universe. Of course it will have a new engine.

It still uses the same engine Halo:CE used back in 2001…

They can modify it all they want, it’s still going to be terrible.