Halo 4 BR or DMR? and balancing

In this thread just put out what weapon you will be using more, the BR, or the DMR. Say why you are going to use it and in what scenarios will you be using it? You can also even list concerns that you have in the balancing.

BR

I will be using the battle rifle in most closer ranged medium ranged maps like adrift and haven.

The concern I have with the BR’s balancing is that it is a 3 burst weapon and it takes 5 shots (15 bullets, 13 bullets if you count 1 bullet for the headshot) to kill and if one of the bullets miss it will become a 6 shot and even a 7 shot if two of the bullets miss out of the three burst. But this could be wrong because if you miss maybe 2 bullets in the whole 15 bullets it takes to kill (or 13) you could still end up with a 5 shot kill because of the last burst. The last burst could break the shields with the 2 bullets and kill the person with a headshot with the 3rd, assuming that the 4 bursts take down the shield, and then the last burst kills (unlike the br in halo 3 your shields could still be up and you could die from a headshot)

DMR

I will be using the DMR at longer range scenarios, or even close range ones if the BR is not balanced with it.

the concerns I have is that it seems just a bit OP and could probably take on a BR at closer ranges and win.

What are you going to be using the BR and DMR for, and your concerns on balancing?

I can see the DMR being overpowered, but it suits me best as a long range player so unless it is completely broken that will be my go-to gun. The BR will still get use for nostalgia’s sake though.

they both have their advantages and can beat each other in different situations, you will find me using the modification that allows you to have 2 primary weapons in a loadout - using the BR and DMR :slight_smile:
like a boss…

… Why pick just one? >:D

I will be using both >:D

DMR seems a lot better in most situations…

I’m interested how the Light Rifle fits into this precision-weapon see-saw balancing act 343 is trying to pull off.

Also: the Carbine looks ridiculously good. It was actually great in H3 but I don’t think people realized how fast it could kill at mid range, and they just stuck with the BR.

In the end, lots of choices and diversity among loadout weapons is a good thing, as long as one doesn’t dominate.

DMR and Carbine, both rock.

Same as you said since it is what the weapons are.supposed.to do as described by 343. There are a few ways this can be messed up with each gun:

-BR shoots slower than DMR, making’ it useless.
-Recoil being too punishing, making it harder to use in many scenarios.
-Recoil not punishing enough, making DMR pointless.

There a few others, but these are the 3 primary ways the relationship between the 2 guns can be messed up. I don’t want either of them become a -Yoink!- utility gun that replaces the other gun. It would be a disappointment.

BR for meh.

I hate the DMR and the BR is overrated. I’ll be using the Covie Carbine.

> I can see the DMR being overpowered, but it suits me best as a long range player so unless it is completely broken that will be my go-to gun. The BR will still get use for nostalgia’s sake though.

The DMR is supposed to have 14 rounds in a magazine, instead of 15 and a slower rate of fire to help balance it.

343 seem to be giving each starting weapon (AR/BR/DMR and their counterparts) a niche to fill rather than having one weapon be good at everything.

On topic, I’ll be using the DMR more than the BR because I’ll have the Carbine for mid-range.

The BR is a 3 round burst in Halo 4, And how can you say that the DMR shoots faster then the BR when the BR gets 6 shots off faster than the DMR can get 3 or maybe even 2,
So how exactly is the BR “SLower”?

> > I can see the DMR being overpowered, but it suits me best as a long range player so unless it is completely broken that will be my go-to gun. The BR will still get use for nostalgia’s sake though.
>
> The DMR is supposed to have 14 rounds in a magazine, instead of 15 and a slower rate of fire to help balance it.
>
> 343 seem to be giving each starting weapon (AR/BR/DMR and their counterparts) a niche to fill rather than having one weapon be good at everything.
>
> On topic, I’ll be using the DMR more than the BR because I’ll have the Carbine for mid-range.

Actually if you look at the videos the BR has a 36 round clip

You can look at the second video which is multiplayer which clearly show the BR with more than 15 rounds at 34 seconds

DMR long, BR short

I believe this thread is missing some Carbine and Light Rifle members… Is this a humans-only meeting?

> I believe this thread is missing some Carbine and Light Rifle members… Is this a humans-only meeting?

Well… I prefer the light rifle and carbine over the other rifles because they look kick -Yoink-. Also, to answer that question of how they will balance weapons like the promethean weapons (light rifle in general) if you watch TX2’s run at the Halo 4 campaign or scattershot gameplay in MP demos, you see that the promethean weapons BURN ammo (lol, cuz they burn people too!), which should balance them out evenly-ish.

I’ll use the DMR because it’s clearly better. Like, EVERYTHING about it is superior. If you’re any good at the game then CQC isn’t an issue, so the BR is pretty much worthless.

The LR has me most excited. My biggest problem with the H3BR is that I could never tighten the spread/reduce the bloom unless I got within short range. With the LR, I just scope in and I get a tight shot because the 3 round burst turns into a single shot punch just as powerful as those 3 rounds shot no-scoped.
And of course firing no-scope allows me to have a headshot capable weapon that can be swiped, where the others for the most part cannot (I expect a bit of swipe-scan to be there in the assists).
I’m hope it’s a x3 scope too… That would make that rifle just awesome for me.

> > > I can see the DMR being overpowered, but it suits me best as a long range player so unless it is completely broken that will be my go-to gun. The BR will still get use for nostalgia’s sake though.
> >
> > The DMR is supposed to have 14 rounds in a magazine, instead of 15 and a slower rate of fire to help balance it.
> >
> > 343 seem to be giving each starting weapon (AR/BR/DMR and their counterparts) a niche to fill rather than having one weapon be good at everything.
> >
> > On topic, I’ll be using the DMR more than the BR because I’ll have the Carbine for mid-range.
>
> Actually if you look at the videos the BR has a 36 round clip
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipCRm6zHgKU
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s76uMzaQ120
>
> You can look at the second video which is multiplayer which clearly show the BR with more than 15 rounds at 34 seconds

DMR not BR. Read my post.

I’ll be using the DMR. Not because it looks powerful (based on gameplay footage), not because it was in Reach but because, in real life, I enjoy the control a semi-automatic weapon gives you over your shooting. It’s pretty gnarly. Plus, it is my desire to use the inherent accuracy and control that the DMR possesses to become proficient with it in close quarters battle (it will be done).

Though, I am curious about the Covie Carbine… I loved it in H2 and H3, but I’m not too sure how I feel about my Spartan using a Covenant weapon.