Halo 4 BR kill time is 1.3 sec

See the second gif on this page

3 shots are fired within 1 sec which means if the BR is 4 shot then kill time is 1.3 sec.
or do you think that BR is 5 shot ?

I personally think that a 5 shot BR with 1.6 sec kill would be awesome. More skill gap because it requires 5 shots but lesser kill time than DMR of Halo Reach which means faster paced.

What do you think ?

Math.

> Math.

Game. Set. Math. :D.

This is the situation we want:
-Fast Minimum Kill-time
-Medium Average Kill-time

From the Conan clip, it appears that there is not too much aim-assist and bullet magnetism (appears, not confirmed though). If this is true, than 1.3 second minimum kill-time is fine, but if it’s as easy to aim and shoot as it is in Reach, I don’t think it is a good idea. It all comes down to how difficult it is to aim and shoot.

I am pretty sure that it is a 4sk by the looks of it. That will be awesome!

> I am pretty sure that it is a 4sk by the looks of it. That will be awesome!

It’s what it looked like to me.

Though to get a better idea on this new wicked BR, we need person aiming not to drop shots lol.

I think i came while i was watching the Conan clip. Gameplay looks really smooth, but certain unknown mechanics are keeping me worried :confused:

> > I am pretty sure that it is a 4sk by the looks of it. That will be awesome!
>
> It’s what it looked like to me.
>
> Though to get a better idea on this new wicked BR, we need person aiming not to drop shots lol.

That is what I was thinking. I would like to see some more lengthy gameplay showing people with great aim and people with great strafes.

Because it also looks like the strafe is doing pretty good as well.

> This is the situation we want:
> -Fast Minimum Kill-time
> -Medium Average Kill-time

I dont understand you want 2 kill-times ?

> > > I am pretty sure that it is a 4sk by the looks of it. That will be awesome!
> >
> > It’s what it looked like to me.
> >
> > Though to get a better idea on this new wicked BR, we need person aiming not to drop shots lol.
>
> That is what I was thinking. I would like to see some more lengthy gameplay showing people with great aim and people with great strafes.
>
> Because it also looks like the strafe is doing pretty good as well.

Yes xD the strafes look like they are making a come back. Hit boxes look much smaller too but i agree with you. We need more than just a 10 second clip to make more accurate judgements.

Plus: Dat jump height. That Spartan jumped to the moon!

It’s hard to know for sure if that one clip is representative of an average kill time.

> > > > I am pretty sure that it is a 4sk by the looks of it. That will be awesome!
> > >
> > > It’s what it looked like to me.
> > >
> > > Though to get a better idea on this new wicked BR, we need person aiming not to drop shots lol.
> >
> > That is what I was thinking. I would like to see some more lengthy gameplay showing people with great aim and people with great strafes.
> >
> > Because it also looks like the strafe is doing pretty good as well.
>
> Yes xD the strafes look like they are making a come back. Hit boxes look much smaller too >3
>
> Plus: Dat jump height. That Spartan jumped to the moon!

I agree! It just looks so good! and Dat Lighting!

I wonder if the pop-up text and the zoomed black box are in? Those are the only things I didn’t like.

> > This is the situation we want:
> > -Fast Minimum Kill-time
> > -Medium Average Kill-time
>
> I dont understand you want 2 kill-times ?

No. Sorry, I should have explained it better. If the minimum kill-time is going to be a 4sk, we want the average kill-time to be a 6 or 7sk. We want it to be very difficult to achieve the minimum kill-time, but we want the ability to achieve the minimum kill-time to be very rewarding.

For those who need help with how fast 1.3 really is…

(Quickest kill time)

CE - 0.6
H2 - 1.4
H3 - 1.6
zb dmr - 1.6

1.3 is what we need

> > > > > I am pretty sure that it is a 4sk by the looks of it. That will be awesome!
> > > >
> > > > It’s what it looked like to me.
> > > >
> > > > Though to get a better idea on this new wicked BR, we need person aiming not to drop shots lol.
> > >
> > > That is what I was thinking. I would like to see some more lengthy gameplay showing people with great aim and people with great strafes.
> > >
> > > Because it also looks like the strafe is doing pretty good as well.
> >
> > Yes xD the strafes look like they are making a come back. Hit boxes look much smaller too >3
> >
> > Plus: Dat jump height. That Spartan jumped to the moon!
>
> I agree! It just looks so good! and Dat Lighting!
>
> I wonder if the pop-up text and the zoomed black box are in? Those are the only things I didn’t like.

For the sake of streamlined and non clunky UI, i doubt it’s going to be like that for the final build.

Wraparound’s ethereal lighting= Answer to life.

-_-

The kill time of the BR is not 1.3 seconds.

When was the last time anybody played Halo 3? The BR in that game killed in 4 headshots each consisting of 3 bullets. That’s 12 bullets to kill. The middle GIF is clear proof of this, as the player lands 3 body shots but the opponent’s shields are still up. Seriously guys, why did nobody realise this?

Besides a 1.3 sec kill rate is far too fast for the BR in halo unless the other weapons and AA are balanced accordingly. The BR in H4 could kill in a minimum of roughly 1.7/8s (guess) which seems about right to me; it gives people enough time to run to cover. Or it could kill like from H2 which could also work as sprinting allows you to escape quickly from battles

and is it just me but does the new BR sound wrong? I prefer the BR sound from Halo 3

> -_-
>
> The kill time of the BR is not 1.3 seconds.
>
> When was the last time anybody played Halo 3? The BR in that game killed in 4 headshots each consisting of 3 bullets. That’s 12 bullets to kill. The middle GIF is clear proof of this, as the player lands 3 body shots but the opponent’s shields are still up. Seriously guys, why did nobody realise this?
>
> Besides a 1.3 sec kill rate is far too fast for halo (unless it is a power weapon of course). The BR will kill in a minimum of roughly 2.5s (guess) which seems about right to me; it giver people enough time to run to cover.
>
> and is it just me but does the new BR sound wrong? I prefer the BR sound from Halo 3

My response:

> For those who need help with how fast 1.3 really is…
>
> (Quickest kill time)
>
> CE - 0.6
> H2 - 1.4
> H3 - 1.6
> zb dmr - 1.6
>
> 1.3 is what we need

> My response:

quite clearly not 4 bullets or 1.3 seconds. I reckon it’s about 1.8s

> > My response:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXLmhSBx0v0
>
> quite clearly not 4 bullets or 1.6 seconds.

Well considering I have personally timed it with a stopwatch, I can guarantee you it is a 1.6 Second 4sk in H3.

[deleted]