Halo 4: Bought by many, played by few.

Discuss your problems with this game humans.

I’ll start.

Lack of traditional gametypes in MM and no ranking system.

Over reactive community.

Lack of acknowledgement in Campaign and Spartan Ops, which is more important then MM.

Sprint no longer a A.A.

over reactive community. +1

The main problem with this game is the horrendously broken matchmaking system. That is why people don’t stay with the game. At the core of the gameplay, there are only a few things that are truly broken or unbalanced, but anything goes in matchmaking. There isn’t anything to keep players coming back and the map selection in combination with all of the broken settings and items is atrocious.

At least 343 doesn’t have any plans to fix anything. Like, they must not be working on fixes or the would have at least said SOMETHING by now.

Most games that release without a beta usually get patched for balances within a week or two, but it has been more than three months now.

Honestly, if matchmaking doesn’t get overhauled, and all of the game options get patched (including the broken weapon times on initial drops and the lack of additional clip settings) by April, I don’t think I will play Halo again.

It isn’t that the gameplay is bad, but the developer support is worse than any game I have ever played. Honest to God, Mario Kart 7 has MUCH BETTER matchmaking and settings and even has a small competitive following. Mario Kart gets better dev support than Halo and it is a Mario game. Problem?

Im working on a modified version of the MLG settings that kind of has the old Halo feel im stil testing it and theres a lot of things missing from how i envisioned it.

> butthurt fanboys defending the game +1

This. ^^^^ x1000

My Problems with the game

• Horrible Matchmaking System
  • AA’s
  • Maps
  • No Ranks
  • Stupid Playlist recycling or whatever they call it.
  • Ordinance
  • Sprint
  • Instant Respawn.

Pretty much everything. I have more fun with this game when I’m using it as a frisbee

All in all I like it but I have a few gripes.

-Shielding takes to long to regenerate without the shielding perk

-DMR and sprint creates need for huge maps. Most game types play horrible with huge maps.

-Bolt shot and Invisible start- both are way OP and shouldn’t come with default loadouts.

DMR favored game.- DMR kills very fast and kills very fast even from really long distances. This encourages long range play instead of close range chaos.

Not scoping out when hit-This again encourages long range battle on huge maps.

Lack of content MP games and non-competitive side- everything is muti-flag, no MLG type playlists.

Theses are just a few gripes but this is just MHO.

> Chaos Isaac
>
>
> Over reactive community.
>
> Lack of acknowledgement in Campaign and Spartan Ops, which is more important then MM.
>
> Sprint no longer a A.A.

the campaign sucked

> Over reactive community.
>
> Lack of acknowledgement in Campaign and Spartan Ops, which is more important then MM.
>
> Sprint no longer a A.A.

Over reactive community? You do realize only a small fraction of the community voice their opinions on the forums? The population is low because its a poorly made multiplayer experience.

I just got locked into ranked doubles on blackout, talk to you later.

My two biggest problems are Personal Ordnance and the over-reliance on long-range weapons. I see so few close-range battles now because everyone can just sit back with a precision weapon and pick people off from a distance. Plus, I’m tired of two or more people getting snipers in Personal Ordnance and the game turning into a Team Snipers Except For the Unlucky Scrubs Who Didn’t Get Snipers game.

Multiplayer is boring. All these things that are meant to make the game easier and more accessible just ended up making the game dull and safe and easy and nonthreatening. There is no drama in this game because the games themselves have no focus or tension.

Winning or losing are now one and the same, utterly meaningless.

Variety would help this game a lot. Whoever thought CTF needed changing and that Assault should be axed needs to think long and hard about how and why they got to that decision. Worst decision made in Halo 4 was restricting playlists so that there is no variety whatsoever.

Slayer on Exile x 1000

Enough.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say I liked the direction 343 went with on Halo 4. It just doesn’t have much longetivity, Spartan Ops is not great(its nice for the lore). The multiplayer is good but unbalanced. The campaign was great, but has no replay value other than for achievements. Some people here may hate the 1-50 or division reach ranking systems but at least it kept the game interesting. I’m not saying the integration of the rank system will save Halo 4… Because it definitely won’t, people are long gone and have moved on to other games, but for Halo 5 343 should probably work on some innovative ideas that will up the replay value of this game. Halo 3 was a great and popular game, but now there are just a lot better games out there than halo.

> Im working on a modified version of the MLG settings that kind of has the old Halo feel im stil testing it and theres a lot of things missing from how i envisioned it.

no.

> > Im working on a modified version of the MLG settings that kind of has the old Halo feel im stil testing it and theres a lot of things missing from how i envisioned it.
>
> no.

…________
…,.-’"… …~., .............................,.-"....................... ............"-., .........................,/.................................. .............":, .....................,?...................................... ................\, .................../......................................... ..................,} ................./........................................... ...........,:`^`..} .............../............................................. ......,:"........./ ..............?.....__....................................... ..:`.........../ ............./__.(....."~-,_............................ ..,:`........../ .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_................. ...,:`........_/ ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-, },.~";/....} ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../ "............../ ...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}..... ........./ ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(...... ;_,,-" ............/.`~,......`-...............................\.... ../\ .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./ .....\,__ ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|.. ............`=~-, .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\ ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\ ................................`:,,......................... ..`\..............__ .....................................`=-,..................., %`>--==
,-%… …\ ...................................,<|,-&``… …`

-Forge is incredibly dumbed down
-Lack of custom game options
-File share is STILL broken after like 3 months!
-COD features in MP (permanent sprint, instant respawn, ordnance drops etc.)
-MP is too easy and dull
-Lack of playlist options
-Less vehicles
-Less emblem options
-Way too easy to hit max rank
-Lack of maps and map variety
-The menus/ui are complete garbage
-Spartan Ops is boring

That’s all I can put my finger on for now.

> Multiplayer is boring. All these things that are meant to make the game easier and more accessible just ended up making the game dull and safe and easy and nonthreatening. There is no drama in this game because the games themselves have no focus or tension.
>
> Winning or losing are now one and the same, utterly meaningless.
>
> Variety would help this game a lot. Whoever thought CTF needed changing and that Assault should be axed needs to think long and hard about how and why they got to that decision. Worst decision made in Halo 4 was restricting playlists so that there is no variety whatsoever.
>
> Slayer on Exile x 1000
>
> Enough.

EXACTLY. There is NO INCENTIVE to win or try. Myself and those who are veterans realized this a year ago when no ranks were announced. This game was doomed from the start.

Call of Duty Mass effect field theft auto 4 isn’t fun.

No need to bring Grand Theft Auto into this. Rockstar knows what they are doing.

the few. the proud. the marines.

NOT! HALO 4 SUCKS

> Lack of acknowledgement in Campaign and Spartan Ops, <mark>which is more important then MM.</mark>

Lol