Halo 4 Beta In Halo: Reach?

NOTE: ALL SPECULATION

SO i was reading through this weeks bulletin and i noticed some things. I found it kinda hard to believe at first but then i thought…

Reason: When you try to play the Anniversary playlist without the disc or expansion, it tells you to download it. Now I’m not saying Halo 4 will be ran off of Reach’s engine. But what if you could download it and launch it from the Halo Reach multiplayer menu. You would be asked to download it but it would launch it from your hard drive or where ever you downloaded it to. So Halo Reach would be a launch disc. Like you could play Halo Reach from ODST disc.

Why this wouldn’t work: Kinda makes sense but at the same time it doesn’t. Why go through all that trouble when you can launch off the dashboard? I really can’t think of why it couldn’t work.

Evidence

> We’re working on what will be in the Beta category next, but it needs a little more time to marinate in order to reach its maximum important status. Keep an eye out for its return in the near future.

> 343’s focus for the near future is ensuring that the Halo: Reach experience is the best it can be, both in-game and on the web, expanding our Halo Waypoint services, and making Halo 4, which you can expect to hear more about in the not-so-distant future.

Maybe, but I don’t see how. You have to think about Halo 4’s weapons, vehicles, maps, shield systems, etc. and I’m not sure how we’d be able to judge those in Reach.

I see it as a possible way, but not the only way hopefully.

> Maybe, but I don’t see how. You have to think about Halo 4’s weapons, vehicles, maps, shield systems, etc. and I’m not sure how we’d be able to judge those in Reach.

Remember the Halo Reach beta? It launched off the Halo 3 ODST disc. It was not anything like ODST. IT may not feature everything like Reach’s beta didn’t. It’s possible

I think it would make sense, oh and Halo 4 is ran off a heavily modified version of reaches engine

> I think it would make sense, oh and Halo 4 is ran off a heavily modified version of reaches engine

Halo: Reach ran off a heavily modified Halo 3 engine too, they recycle but change it so much you can barely tell.

Honestly, I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that they were taking the ZB playlist and putting it into the competitive playlist, I was like “Hmm, this could be them preparing for the Halo 4 beta” then I continued to read and saw what you quoted about it needing to marinate and whatnot. It could be exactly like the ODST disc being able to launch the Halo Reach beta, and it makes sense to a degree. I’d rather it be a more open, anyone can download and play the beta, but I can see how it could be requirement that you own Reach to play the Beta. I guess we’ll see.

I still can’t see why it wouldn’t work

> Evidence
>
>
> > We’re working on what will be in the Beta category next, but it needs a little more time to marinate in order to reach its maximum important status. Keep an eye out for its return in the near future.

Pretty sure that just means they might make a new “beta” gametype and test it out. I don’t think it has anything to do with Halo 4

i understand your point, and i agree to an extent. Though i still think Anniversary will have it.

LOL what if they use Halo 3, since its the last game following Halo 4. It could work, you would just have download the Beta through it not on it.

Just think about how many people who sold/gave away 3, theyre going to run out the door to buy it again XD

maybe there won’t be a beta! DUN DUN DUN! :wink:

> > Evidence
> >
> >
> > > We’re working on what will be in the Beta category next, but it needs a little more time to marinate in order to reach its maximum important status. Keep an eye out for its return in the near future.
>
> Pretty sure that just means they might make a new “beta” gametype and test it out. I don’t think it has anything to do with Halo 4

Also, this is correct.

> > Evidence
> >
> >
> > > We’re working on what will be in the Beta category next, but it needs a little more time to marinate in order to reach its maximum important status. Keep an eye out for its return in the near future.
>
> Pretty sure that just means they might make a new “beta” gametype and test it out. I don’t think it has anything to do with Halo 4

It was confirmed at Halo Fest that Halo: Anniversary will NEVER be used to access any sort of Halo 4 Beta.

> > > Evidence
> > >
> > >
> > > > We’re working on what will be in the Beta category next, but it needs a little more time to marinate in order to reach its maximum important status. Keep an eye out for its return in the near future.
> >
> > Pretty sure that just means they might make a new “beta” gametype and test it out. I don’t think it has anything to do with Halo 4
>
> It was confirmed at Halo Fest that Halo: Anniversary will NEVER be used to access any sort of Halo 4 Beta.

o.O

Nowhere in that post does it conclude its through anniversary

It can’t be through Anniversary!

I hope we can get the beta from the marketplace or maybe waypoint. There are plenty of halo fans who do not own reach and i think 343 wants as many people as possible for this.

> I think it would make sense, oh and Halo 4 is ran off a heavily modified version of reaches engine

Really? I thought 343i were using entirely different engine for Halo 4? I remember reading somewhere maybe OXM, it was a question asked by OXM, “Will the engine you used to make Halo CEA be in Halo 4?” I think Frank replied, “No, we will be using entirely different engine.”

I don’t know if you meant that the heavily modified reach’s engine was the same engine I was talking about, but they didn’t say that they were using the modified engine.

very unlikely

> > I think it would make sense, oh and Halo 4 is ran off a heavily modified version of reaches engine
>
> Halo: Reach ran off a heavily modified Halo 3 engine too, they recycle but change it so much you can barely tell.

Link to proof that halo 4 is running on a modified reach engine

Halo 4 is running on a modified Halo Reach engine. Where have you been?