Halo 4 Beta ideas/thoughts

Any thoughts?

> Any thoughts?

They should have it code based like what half of what EPIC did for Gears 3. If it’s on a disk like anniversary, someone might be able to j-tag their xbox and leak information…or something.

I think it should go out in code form as well, however as to who receives it is the question here. I own all of the Halo games on the 360, CEA included…

Just don’t make it a Crackdown thing… It has to be a Halo game…

Give out beta codes to active forum members and certain members of MLG.

The forum idea is good i support it. Or if you pre-order the game earliy like be part of the first so many people to pre0rder get int the beta.

Do it like they did with the H3 Beta.
Now that was an epic Beta folks.

Bungie sending invites to high ranked/active community members
Spots that could be won through a selected amount of websites (I got both the invite and won one through a Dutch site)
Running over a month, great maps, great gameplay (which unfortunatly didn’t feel that great anymore when the game got released…) etc.

Don’t have it included with other games, that’s just lame.

Pre-order the game like gears, or the forum idea Greendragon said.

Yeah but what would qualify as an active community member?

Either way, unless it was “an active community member who joined before ____”

Otherwise, you’ll find a forum chock-full of people who just want a high post count, and who will post anything little thing they can, relevant or not.

Honestly, the pre-order idea is best, just since it’s the simplest, and can really boost numbers if they give a heads up.

i think we should get a little taste of everything all on offer, but only to wet our appetites.

i wouldn’t mind being able to see the starting cutscene of the game, or even the first 5 minutes of the first level.

multiplayer should be like reach’s, a couple multiplayer maps showing off new gametypes while keeping classic ones available.

there should be customisation similar to reach’s, but unlocked similar to Gears 3/Halo 3. achivements could unlock rarer armour (if they are hard to do) but they could also be unlocked with earning medals.

If we had a medal chest then we could also have commendations that could serve as the title/emblem next to our name. like every medal has a iron<Bronze<silver<gold<onyx<forerunnerstyle and you earn titles (like in gears 3) but also unlock a peice of armour for reaching certain levels. this would help people feel as if leveling up and earning things is great again, as a purpose.

we should be able to play firefight as well. nothing complicated. just a basic map with basic waves of infantry.

theather should be available, but i beleive that Forge should be kept secret until a later date.

Well the Reach beta was great since anybody could play it (and therefore nobody crying about how “OMGZ I R DIDUNT GET TEH BETAZ!!11!”), though it also meant that the game would also be flooded with little kids whining and crying about everything.

I like the idea of active forum members getting access to the beta, but is that really fair? And let’s be honest, there aren’t really that many people on the forums, not enough for a beta anyway.

I think that active forum members should get early/guaranteed access to the beta, while 343i goes and finds other ways for people to have a chance to get in (such as websites giving out codes, first come first serve codes on Facebook and Twitter, etc.). Oh, and some of you guys mentioned pre-order access, I like that idea too.

> Give out beta codes to active forum members and certain members of MLG.

How active do you think I am?

Make it public like the Battlefield 3 beta, that way more people can say what they think about it, and more people will buy the final game!

will there even BE a beta?

Well umm i think we would all like to see something new to halo now. The universe is really big. I think Halo 4 should bring in new aliens. I dont wanna see anymore aliens with guns if you what i mean. Just imagine Halo 4 with a little bit of Resident Evil touch to the story lines. Im not talking zombies here, more like a Doom 3 moment where it scares the hell out of ya. I want to shoot aliens that can run on walls, ceilings,halo background art that takes your imagination out of this world with music matching the atmosphere.They could bring back the Spirit of Fire into halo along with Dr Halsey.Focus more on what really happen to the forerunner and add some new twist to the story line. I bet if 343 Industries did that, Halo 4 would stand out from all the other Halos.

Everyone who wants to should have access. None of this exclusive elitist bullcrap XD

The more people that play the game is more feedback for 343i to make H4 the best halo yet. We shouldnt in any way restrict the amount of people playing>

Besides post beta stats will further hype the game and drive the sales if its a HUGE beta.

I think they should send invitations on the forums. Pay back to the community for supporting on the forums. But make it a closed beta.

> I think they should send invitations on the forums. Pay back to the community for supporting on the forums. But make it a closed beta.

Yes thats the best way to test the game. Send beta invites to the 100 people on this forum and then close the beta LOL (sarcasm)

That is a horrible idea. The beta will most likely be available to MILLIONS by an easy means. Why in the world would you want a game this huge play tested by less than 1% of the halo community?

> Make it public like the Battlefield 3 beta, that way more people can say what they think about it, and more people will buy the final game!

This.

But we know Microsoft isn’t gonna doll it out that easily

> I think it should go out in code form as well, however as to who receives it is the question here. I own all of the Halo games on the 360, CEA included…
>
> Just don’t make it a Crackdown thing… It has to be a Halo game…

I say put it on the marketplace as a free download, let everyone try, the more people the better. It could appeal to new people who’ve never played it before and might be able to win over people who have an affection for other games. Don’t make the beta exclusive, we need to advertise and get data from all groups of gamers.

I just hope that the beta isn’t like other game’s beta’s where they have a 2 week beta a month before the game comes out. It’s not enough time to make big changes, and in my opinion it makes the launch less special because you’ve played it so recently.

Hopefully we will see one in April or May, assuming Halo 4 comes out fall 2012.