Halo 4 Beta Forge

Halo 4 Beta Forge Request!!!

In my personal opinion, Halo Reach Forge was a huge improvement over the Halo 3 Forge. It also had some huge flaws at the same time. I believe that Halo 4 Forge is going to be amazing if the Forge in put into the Beta(if there is one). In my personal opinion I believe that the flaws can be worked out of forge and it can be made perfect, if we had the opportunity to work with it in the Beta(This would also be a great opportunity for the community to have contest to get a map on the disk of Halo 4).

Flaws of Halo Reach Forge!

1. The Code needs to be re-done to fix the problem of Z Fighting(As Called in the Forging Community), this causes Frame Rate Issues when there are multiple spots in a small area.

2. Glass on Objects! This has been Partially fixed in the Tempest Release of its Forge Items, but can still cause some frame rate issues.

3. Color of Forge Items! This is a huge point to many people of the Forging Community. Halo 3 Forge was Items were integrated into the theme of the Map. In Halo Reach Forge the Items did not go well in the theme of Forge World (More Color).

4. Variety of Pieces! In Halo Reach Forge there were a big variety of pieces in the square and rectangle area. In the circular and triangle area there are to few pieces in this area. The area of pieces smaller then 1x1 blocks are too few also.

5. Lifts! The Redesign of the Lift in Tempest to go along with the new sound was great! Please Continue to Stay away from the Bland Forge World version of the look and sound of the old purple lifts.

These 5 things are the main things that could have been addressed if Halo Reach Forge were in the Beta. In Conclusion, if Halo 4 has a Beta, and it should have a Beta, it should include Forge to find the problems and possibly the get feedback on the items. I believe that I have Provided a honest evaluation of what could have been fixed in the Halo Reach Forge and why Halo 4 should include it in a Beta if they decide to have one for Halo 4.

Please Leave a Comment to Support a Halo 4 Forge Beta.

This sounds cool, and I will support it. I really think though that 343i might just release the multiplayer beta. Still keep your hopes up though anything can happen.

Hmmm…

they need more than to fix those problems tey need to add more things that people will use like opening doors and like you said pieces that go with the map and etc but i love ur idea of it being in the beta (if there is one) and to have a compe to get a map on the full game but i also think they need to bring bac maps from halo 3 (just sayin)

Guys thanks for the support of the Thread so far!!!

there will be no beta i believe they said there is not enough time to do it between the release date an stuff they are not far enough along with the game

Personally I love making maps. On reach I used to spend hours and hours trying to manipulate forge to make interesting new maps and mini-games. I hope the beta for halo 4 includes a forge option to trial out. Forge could single handedly turn this game from good to great.

> there will be no beta i believe they said there is not enough time to do it between the release date an stuff they are not far enough along with the game

I doubt there won’t be a beta. Halo 3 and reach both had one. Beta’s are important to helping a developer find unnoticed bugs/glitches pre-release so they are easier to patch before final shipping.

i want changeable terrian weather and time of day

Halo 4 beta testing would be great!
I also hope in Halo 4 we will be able to change the color of pieces so all the maps dont look the same (Grey)

I’d rather a real map editor than forge again.

I Kill Sofa’s and I support this thread.

I know this comes across as silly and finicky, but my biggest problem with Forge World was easily the bland color. The Halo ring provides such a beautiful landscape. The maps wouldn’t be nearly as repetitive with a simple color select for each object. It’s the grey-scale of every map that drives me insane. A little bit of color would add so much replayability to them. I love the way some of them play; I just can’t stand looking at them anymore.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up for any type of beta.

I’d kill for a Forge beta in Halo 4.

What I really would like to see most is skins for objects. Lets say you have a wall. You can change its theme to the Flood, covenant, human, forerunner, snowy, ice, jungle, desert etc…

I also want operationable doors and bridges, and these must have skins too. You have a bridge and you can change it to a forerunner or covenant or desert theme.

I just want lots of objects and only a budget, no object limit. GAH! I want Halo 4 Forge to be supah doopah awesomely epic!!!

XD

I know this is not a huge possibility but I still think that it would be a great idea to have someone outside of the office give them a idea of what they think. I would suggest a person that has a map in matchmaking possibly get a flight out and play around with it and give suggestions.

> I know this comes across as silly and finicky, but my biggest problem with Forge World was easily the bland color. The Halo ring provides such a beautiful landscape. The maps wouldn’t be nearly as repetitive with a simple color select for each object. It’s the grey-scale of every map that drives me insane. A little bit of color would add so much replayability to them. I love the way some of them play; I just can’t stand looking at them anymore.

That is the main complaint with Reach Forge. I totally agree.

Thats a great idea. It should last a while too. If someone finds a glitch it doesnt mean that its a bad thing. Merging objects in Halo 3 was a glitch, but it gave forgers a new and better way to make amazing maps.

I’m not a huge forger, but I can’t see a reason why they couldn’t do this. For those that do.

All Forge needs

1. Light Map Editor to
    A) Change the time of day
    B) Add shadows to our maps.

2. Ability to change the texture and or color of objects.

The lack of shadowing and color is what makes Forge maps look bland.