*** Halo 4 Beta *** Discussion Thread ***

List things you’d like to see be a part of the Halo 4 beta in here.

I’d like the playlists on offer to be split in social and ranked and have a trueskill system in place with a level cap of 20 or something so that they can test it and it would allow everyone to play people much closer to them throughout the beta which would allow good players to test the limits of the game and allow everyone to have more fun. I also think this would get people to play much more of the beta as it offers incentive so 343 would get much more data.

I would also like a small variety of playlists to try out like Team Hardcore (TS and OBJ), ranked of course :wink:

I think the beta would be great if we had 2-3 maps to play on and perhaps even given the option to play customs on them with limited options open to us. I really think the beta would be great if we had some ranked playlists to try out though…

What do you think?

<3

aslong as 343i is willing to change the game based on player feedback in terms of gameplay issues and customisation then ill be happy. Bungie stated in an MLG thread that any discussion of gameplay tweak suggestions were “wasted keystrokes” and that the beta was just there for them to gather information on bugs they thought they may be able to address before the game shipped. Reach was then shipped as a game with slow kill times slow movement speed, broken king gametypes aswell as many other issues. It would be nice if 343i learned from these mistakes and took into account the feedback of the community paying for the game.

It would be nice if 343i was humble as opposed to Bungie in terms of their testing phases when it comes to maps and weapon balance. the overall community tested their maps and sandbox in the beta and the better players were able to break many aspects of the multiplayer and yet the game was “pretty much already set in stone” so if the beta was released with time to tweak and adjust maps and weapons i would be very happy

true. I agree. I think it would be nice if we could also create our own classes just like in black ops so we would want to earn money and level up so we could get better weapons not just our armor and looks.

you think Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary will hold the the beta for halo 4???

nah i dont think so. it is still a year away bu the time it releases. they’ll probably do what they did with halo3 and put it in a friendly competers game.

Halo 3: ODST came out a year before Halo Reach, but it still had the beta. The remake is coming out a year before Halo 4 just like ODST did to Halo Reach.

Maybe but i dont think so, not this time

H3 and Reach had 1 so I think yes

I would assume it’s like ODST. What’s a better way to get Halo players to play a Halo beta than to put the access with a Halo game?

> you think Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary will hold the the beta for halo 4???

Why yes, yes i do. :smiley:

> true. I agree. I think it would be nice if we could also create our own classes just like in black ops so we would want to earn money and level up so we could get better weapons not just our armor and looks.

halo is not COD and i hope it will never be

I can’t think of much I’d like to see other than it run for a bit longer, maybe 3-4 weeks, and include Custom Games support as well as a matchmaking test. The most important thing I want them to do is run it early enough so they can actually CHANGE things about the game, not just have it be a glorified demo. I want this Beta to matter, unlike the Reach beta which WAS just a glorified demo.

Please, 343. If you do a Beta…Do it right. Change what we want changed. Do what Bungie never did: Listen to us.

> true. I agree. I think it would be nice if we could also create our own classes just like in black ops so we would want to earn money and level up so we could get better weapons not just our armor and looks.

halo and cod are different and will remain different, i dont mind if they keep loadouts though but only for my favourite gametype, invasion

Anyways, why not give the beta to people who own a certain number of Halo games? They can give honest feedback about what were the best and worst features of previous Halo games.

Now i know a beta can take a little time out of development, but i think halo 4 will need a beta in order to insure things are polished up correctly and so you can test your network and have bugs found. I also think that people who purchase the halo anniversary game should be the ones with access to the beta. If not that then have a full on open beta. Any one else agree on this?

yes, please.

Obviously, as every Halo game has had one since Halo 2…

Yea i hope the people at 343 think about this as well.

I hope it is a free open beta

I <3 betas so I’d obviously want one :3