Halo 4 : Best or Worst

Halo 4 was very different from the other Halo games and i was wondering what people think . Its either the best Halo or the worst . Post in a comment with your answer and why and answer the poll . Personally i think it was the worst cause there was no flood , i just got confused with the whole covenant still fighting you , everything looked weird and i didnt find the storyline appealing . Comment with what you think

I don’t think it’s the best or the worst. Since I didn’t play Halo: CE or Halo 2, I can’t speak for them, but of the remaining:

Campaign:

Halo 3: ODST=Halo Reach>Halo 4>Halo 3

Multiplayer:

Halo Reach>Halo 3>Halo 4

Forge & Custom Games:

Halo Reach>>>>>Halo 4>Halo 3

Halo 4 certainly did not turn out to be as good as i had imagined, but it surely isnt the worst Halo game.

I would say its the 5th best Halo game…

I would put Halo 4 somewhere in the middle.

Halo 4 ties with CE for best Campaign. Halo 4 had the best story, but CE had the best gameplay/missions.

Halo 4 doesn’t have the worst multiplayer. Halo: Reach does.

> Forge & Custom Games:
>
> Halo Reach>>>>>Halo 4>Halo 3

well someone clearly did’t play halo 3 customs.

my opinion

campaign:

H2>CE>H3=ODST>Reach>H4

Social multiplayer:

H3=H2>Reach>CE>H4

competitive multiplayer:

CE>H2>ReachV7>H3>Reach>H4

Customs:

H3>H2>CEpc>Reach>ODST>H4

It’s not the best, nor the worst.

It had its pros and its cons, good ideas and bad ideas, poorly executed good ones and flat out terrible ones.

I voted for “In the Middle” since I enjoyed Halo 4, but it was - as said - not the best nor the worst.

HOWEVER, Halo 4 did fail spectaculary in the Custom Games area, so I do think in that one sector it would be “the worst”. Overall though, it’s not that bad.

> > Forge & Custom Games:
> >
> > Halo Reach>>>>>Halo 4>Halo 3
>
> well someone clearly did’t play halo 3 customs.

Well clearly someone didn’t care about forge, game type options, or sandbox variety. Sorry, but I think you will find that you are alone here. While customs in H3 were fun, the forge was nowhere near the level of Reach; any forger will tell you that.

And CE and H2 didn’t even have forge…

Oh by the way, ODST and Halo 3 are the same custom games, so your ranking makes absolutely NO SENSE.

Most likely Halo 4 was the worst since they changed too much, it just didn’t feel remotely like Halo, it wasn’t as fun as previous Halo games. Even Reach was widely hated but at least it was fun and even if the changes weren’t all great.

If I was to judge solely from my perspective it would probably be up at No. 1, but not everyone plays Halo for the same reasons I do.

Overall, I think it sits somewhere in the middle.

Easily the best halo game. The fact you can pick gear makes the game so much better and repayable, best campaign by far, spartan ops was a vast improvement over reach’s firefight, guns shoot bullets not blanks, graphics are amazing, to name a few reasons.

Multiplayer wise it’s the worst, but it has a good campaign. Halo 3 beats it in most ways except for forge and graphics in my opinion.

> Halo 4 ties with CE for best Campaign. Halo 4 had the best story, but CE had the best gameplay.
>
> Halo 4 doesn’t have the worst multiplayer. Halo: Reach does.

I would say that CE has the worse multiplayer, simply because it doesn’t have it. I’m sure LAN parties were awesome, but just imagine if Halo 5 released with no Matchmaking…

> Well clearly someone didn’t care about forge, game type options, or sandbox variety. Sorry, but I think you will find that you are alone here. While customs in H3 were fun, the forge was nowhere near the level of Reach; any forger will tell you that.

the most or second most liked thread in this forum was a customs one by time glitch which stated it wanted h3 customs back, so i’m not alone here bud.

i know most of the reach forgers that made competitive maps (aPK, waldo the lemon, shifty time, xzample, unoverrated etc), reach’s forge was better for creating 4v4 maps, without a doubt, however there is at least 100 popular custom game variants not found in reach that were in h3, though there wasn’t too many customs that were new in reach that weren’t in h3, other than modded ones.

gametype options in reach were restricted in comparison to h3, infection lacked many settings, oddball lacked many, vip didn’t exist, gametypes in reach were less customisable for many social custom games.

while there could be more blocks placed there wasn’t as much sandbox variety for social gametypes as there were less blocks which could be manipulated by the player (palette, radio tower, small blocks) also there were many forge glitches which created many gametypes, primarily the palette/weapon holder combination.

> And CE and H2 didn’t even have forge…

you put forge and customs, CEpc and h2 had better customs than reach.

> Oh by the way, ODST and Halo 3 are the same custom games, so your ranking makes absolutely NO SENSE.

ODST’s customs was firefight, odst firefight > h4 custom games.

> I would say that CE has the worse multiplayer, simply because it doesn’t have it. I’m sure LAN parties were awesome, but just imagine if Halo 5 released with no Matchmaking…

multiplayer =/= matchmaking

> multiplayer =/= matchmaking

In this day and age? Wi-fi =/= internet access. Have fun with your dial-up.

I’ve played though every halo game multiple times over, and I feel that halo 4 doesn’t have the best replay value, but its still a pretty decent halo game.

Just my opinion of the games from best to worst

Halo CE - Halo 2 - Halo ODST - Halo 4 - Halo Reach - Halo 3

Halo 4’s story made perfect sense to me and was well done, but it just didn’t have the same Epic feel to it like Halo CE or 2 did. I think it would have helped if there was some more large scale battles in the game, I mean, the Infinity crash’s on the planet and you save them, then in the next mission you help them leave. There should have been some level where you go with the marines to find a cartographer or somthing interesting.

Halo Reach was alright but it’s story was messed up, it felt more like you were trying to defend some backwater colony rather than the single most important colony to the UNSC. The battle of Reach lasted weeks, in the game it felt like 5 days max.

Halo 3 to me, just didn’t feel right, at no point did it feel like Earth was under siege let alone in danger, and the Ark didn’t have a ancient mysterious feel to it like the Alpha and Delta halo’s did.

> In this day and age? Wi-fi =/= internet access. Have fun with your dial-up.

what have you been taking???

multiplayer is anything that involves multiple players

matchmaking is a system which pairs players online

you don’t need matchmaking to define the QUALITY of a game, popularity yes (especially in this age), but

A) this was 2001, online multiplayer was void for consoles at this point

and

B)xbox live wasn’t around then at CEs release anyway

it was the most popular thing for its time

where did this dial-up nonsense come from?

CE had an awesome multiplayer, it did have it unlike you idiotically stated

I stopped playing after 2 months and haven’t looked back at it. It is a bad halo game imo.

> what have you been taking???
>
> multiplayer is anything that involves multiple players
>
> matchmaking is a system which pairs players online
>
> you don’t need matchmaking to define the QUALITY of a game, popularity yes (especially in this age), but
>
> A) this was 2001, online multiplayer was void for consoles at this point
>
> and
>
> B)xbox live wasn’t around then at CEs release anyway
>
> it was the most popular thing for its time
>
> where did this dial-up nonsense come from?
>
> CE had an awesome multiplayer, it did have it unlike you idiotically stated

It’s a very simple device called a “comparison”. Yes, CE had multiplayer (technically), but guess what? Dial-up is also a form of internet access (technically)! It’s just infinitely inferior compared to today’s standards. And no, you can’t defend CE by saying the the technology wasn’t there. That’s the same as arguing that the graphics are just as good as Halo 4’s because “well, CE did the best it could!”.

This isn’t very complicated logic, so I recommend you stop throwing words like “idiot” around and actually think before lashing out at anyone who “disrespects” your beloved childhood game.