Halo 4: Best Launch Maps?

After having played a decent bit of multiplayer (not an extreme amount) since the midnight launch, I have to say I am greatly impressed with the launch maps. They may be the most solid set of launch maps to date.

Now, I am not saying they are the “best”. I don’t feel, maybe because not enough time has passed, that any are classic like Construct or Guardian in Halo 3, but overall there is no map which I say, “Damn, I really don’t want to play this map.”

Sure I have some favorites like Abandon, Solace, or Vortex. However, as I said, there is not a single map that I feel is bad. Honestly, I think Ragnarok might be my least favorite (even if it is a remake), mainly due to the vehicles and it being picked EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Haha.

Anyone have any thoughts on the maps? How they compare to previous Halos and such?

Complex. The map is awesome! The best 4 v 4 on the map because it has Ghosts. That glitch is over-exaggerated; no one ever uses in a real match. 343 doesn’t need to patch it, no big deal. Too many complainers who can’t adapt to a real competitive map. 343 is perfect.

Vortex.

I love all the maps too but the one I don’t like is complex while my favorite is Meltdown or Abandoned, but I will say even though its played alot I still like Valhalla.

Haven is to H4 as Guardian is to H3.

I also like Ragnarok.

Forgot the name, it is a BTB map and it is covered in snow, home to warthogs and ghosts!

Most of the Maps suck.

They have really poorly set up choke points and instead of the battles moving towards those areas you have inconsistent firefights all accross the map.

For all of the people heaping praise at how good the multiplayer is, you are bootlickers. all of you.

The forge pallets are absolutely horrendous.

The inability to turn off sprint in custom games is un*******-acceptable.

The maps have to many routes in them instead of develloping several core areas for players to traverse you have a freakin maze around every corner.

The play areas of the maps are boring and uninspired.

The areas outside the map are more interesting to look at than the actual playspaces.

Here is an example of something that is beyond rediculous.

The map “adrfit” features a large mech being constructed in the center of the board. But if you look around you’ll notice that this mech is being constructed in a tower, that is on the Wing of a giant ship.

WHY THE **** WOULD ANYONE CREATE A MECH FACTORY ON THE WING OF A SHIP ON THE OUTSIDE ???

that makes no sense.

they could have at least featured the map in a factory set into a cliffside. THat would have made more sense. Or perhaps a factory on an asteroid base.

but on the wing of a ship orbiting a planet ???

COME ON THATS NOT EVEN PLAUSIBLE.

This game has so many mechanics flaws its not even funny.

p.s. - The camera being locked onto the view of your spartan when you are editting the armor is rediculous. I should be able to rotate the camera around the character and zoom in to see the detail on the armor.

you should also allow us to take a screencap of the armor and use it as an icon pic.

> Forgot the name, it is a BTB map and it is covered in snow, home to warthogs and ghosts!

You are thinking of Longbow.

Hey, Hybrid, nice trolling. Now leave. If you don’t like the game don’t play. If you like the game enough and want to fix what you see as problems then give constructive criticism accompanied with possible solutions. Now, back to the real discussion.

Haven is good. The only thing I don’t like about it is that it gets really hectic with instant respawns (one of my least favorite things about halo 4). It also doesn’t have really defined call out points like on other maps since it looks so similar. However, it reminds me of a Zealot style of play if it had respawn timers. 2 hold the mid while 2 others patrol the outer rim.

My favorite maps hands down are Meltdown and Solace.

I enjoy the maps they kinda feel like Halo2 style in a way the map i like most is Haven and Solace.

Solace is my favorite so far. Great for CTF.

I like all the maps but my favourites have to be Haven, Adrift and Vortex. Only map I’m not really keen on is Meltdown.

I really hope that they keep up the quality with the next few map packs. I also hope that one of them proves to be extremely memorable.

I really want to see how some of the maps play on Slayer Pro but I can’t get over the no respawn timers.

I think the maps are the worst thing in this game. IMO they are all terrible and should be scrapped. I honestly think they should all be taken out and replaced by maps that talented map makers have forged since 343 has proved they arent up to the task.

Haven is the best 4 on 4, Exile is the best for BTB.

That said, I personally like most of them. Complex is a great map and frankly should be used for both 4 on 4 and big team.

Ragnorak is a fantastic remake, Vortex is underrated, and Solace is a good one too.

> Haven is the best 4 on 4, Exile is the best for BTB.
>
>
> That said, I personally like most of them. Complex is a great map and frankly should be used for both 4 on 4 and big team.
>
> Ragnorak is a fantastic remake, Vortex is underrated, and Solace is a good one too.

I always forget about Vortex for some reason. Dope map for Dominion.

Theses maps have a lot going for them. Almost every one you can spawn and be in the action in less than 5 seconds some times. Some of them have a little bit too much of a weaving criss-cross design to them in my opinion though. Players defenately favor a more head to head map like Ragnarok.

> Theses maps have a lot going for them. Almost every one you can spawn and be in the action in less than 5 seconds some times. Some of them have a little bit too much of a weaving criss-cross design to them in my opinion though. Players defenately favor a more head to head map like Ragnarok.

Funny you say that as I love a map like Vortex. It has so many different possibilities for engagement from bases, high/low, corners, rocks, etc… For me, that adds a lot of variety and I prefer it to head on like Ragnorak.

I’m probably in the minority though.

The only map I honestly don’t like is Complex. I’m constantly dying from people on rooftops or guys I just killed spawning in behind me. Then when I respawn it feels like I’m stuck in a poor position.

Also, I really dislike non-BTB Ragnarok and objective games on Adrift. Ragnarok should not have two Mantis’s standard ESPECIALLY for 5v5. Adrift’s bases are simply too easy to camp, so oddball and CTF are rather boring IMO.

My favorite map is Abandoned for squad games and Exile for BTB. Though I wish I could play more games on Vortex, but it simply doesn’t come up in the vote very often.