Halo 4 - Best halo hands down.

Been playing since the original Halo, like most people on this forum, and I’ve always thought that Halo 2/3 was slightly better but out of boredom and nostalgia-filled-curiosity, I decided that I would go back to halo 3 and play a few games.

I quickly found a lot of things that were wrong with the game that I didn’t remember experiencing.

1. The look speed and overall flow of the game was extremely clunky
  2. The game had a very small variety in playlists
  3. It just seemed like every game I played was the same as the last.

I was constantly frustrated at how much I felt was lacking from the game; Like I had been driving around a 2013 model car for a year and was now sitting in the seat of a 1998 beater.

Now don’t get me wrong, Halo 2/3 were THE most entertaining games of my childhood. All I ever did in my free time was play with my friends. BUT the experience of going back to something old after playing something updated has me appreciating.

I didn’t notice how many little things went into improving Halo 4 as a game from previous titles until I was on Halo 3.
I can see now that the developers were probably extremely ecstatic about the little tiny changes that they were making to Halo 4 that would accumulate to become a fresh, improved product.

I think people need to take the time to appreciate the little things that make Halo 4 such an improvement, because I honestly believe that if they shut off the servers, a lot of people would be upset. Especially if they tried to fill the void by going back to Halo 3.

I feel sorry for you. Halo 3 is still the best game ever created and i will play it today.

Good post, although I’m not sure if I could ever choose a ‘best’ one, they’re all good in their own way.

I didn’t like Halo 2 multiplayer but I loved Halo 3 and played literally thousands of games in it and was a regular on HaloCharts at the time which increased my level of enjoyment of the game but I haven’t played it since Reach launched and I haven’t played Reach since Halo 4 came out.

I always enjoy moving onto the next game and don’t want to go back to older ones as I feel they’ve had their time and I don’t want to spoil any good memories of them with experiences such as yours. I may play the campaigns again but I won’t touch their multiplayer.

High five my man. Finally someone I can relate to.

I can’t say Halo 4 is my favourite, that title always belongs to CE, do I hate Halo 4? No, in fact I list it in my top three Halo games (with CE and ODST). Halo 4 had a rough start, however I appreciate everything 343 has done for this game, the multiplayer aspect (something I’ve hated since 2004 because of Halo 2) is actually enjoyable and the story is perhaps the best out of all the Halo games.

> <mark>I feel sorry for you.</mark> <mark>Halo 3 is still the best game ever created</mark> and <mark>i will play it today.</mark>

Why? He enjoys Halo 4, there is nothing wrong with that

Debatable

Good for you

> High five my man. Finally someone I can relate to.

I love Halo 4 also :]

> Been playing since the original Halo, like most people on this forum, and I’ve always thought that Halo 2/3 was slightly better but out of boredom and nostalgia-filled-curiosity, I decided that I would go back to halo 3 and play a few games.
>
> I quickly found a lot of things that were wrong with the game that I didn’t remember experiencing.
>
> 1) The look speed and overall flow of the game was extremely clunky
> 2) The game had a very small variety in playlists
> 3) It just seemed like every game I played was the same as the last.
>
> I was constantly frustrated at how much I felt was lacking from the game; Like I had been driving around a 2013 model car for a year and was now sitting in the seat of a 1998 beater.
>
> Now don’t get me wrong, Halo 2/3 were THE most entertaining games of my childhood. All I ever did in my free time was play with my friends. BUT the experience of going back to something old after playing something updated has me appreciating.
>
> I didn’t notice how many little things went into improving Halo 4 as a game from previous titles until I was on Halo 3.
> I can see now that the developers were probably extremely ecstatic about the little tiny changes that they were making to Halo 4 that would accumulate to become a fresh, improved product.
>
> I think people need to take the time to appreciate the little things that make Halo 4 such an improvement, because I honestly believe that if they shut off the servers, a lot of people would be upset. Especially if they tried to fill the void by going back to Halo 3.

Of course it feels and plays different, the game is what? nearly seven years old now?
Saying that a newer game plays better than an old game isn’t exactly a great epiphany

Halo 4 is a major step back in the franchise for a number of reasons
Excluding the multiplayer because honestly the multiplayer aspect of the game is purely subjective, some people like a balanced arena shooter (H2,3), others prefer a modern arcade shooter (H:R(to an extent with the execption my mlg v7 settings) H4)

Halo 4 took steps back in the following

Story
Campaign Gameplay
Spops replacing firefight
Netcoding
No good connection/regional search option
Forge
Custom game options

One could even argue that it took steps back graphically as the frame rate issues that plague splitscreen players while playing forge maps usually ending in said player lagging out of the game was never a problem in H3 or H:R

H4, is inferior in every single way outside of multiplayer (which as I have said before, this component is subjective based on the players likes and dislikes)

My like and dislikes?

I will take a balanced arena shooter over a modern arcade shooter any day of the week
Halo 4’s infinity settings completely lack any type of balance which IMHO removes skill and skill gap from the game thus making it less enjoyable for competitive players

Saying H4 is the best halo to date in my opinion would be grossly inaccurate

> > Been playing since the original Halo, like most people on this forum, and I’ve always thought that Halo 2/3 was slightly better but out of boredom and nostalgia-filled-curiosity, I decided that I would go back to halo 3 and play a few games.
> >
> > I quickly found a lot of things that were wrong with the game that I didn’t remember experiencing.
> >
> > 1) The look speed and overall flow of the game was extremely clunky
> > 2) The game had a very small variety in playlists
> > 3) It just seemed like every game I played was the same as the last.
> >
> > I was constantly frustrated at how much I felt was lacking from the game; Like I had been driving around a 2013 model car for a year and was now sitting in the seat of a 1998 beater.
> >
> > Now don’t get me wrong, Halo 2/3 were THE most entertaining games of my childhood. All I ever did in my free time was play with my friends. BUT the experience of going back to something old after playing something updated has me appreciating.
> >
> > I didn’t notice how many little things went into improving Halo 4 as a game from previous titles until I was on Halo 3.
> > I can see now that the developers were probably extremely ecstatic about the little tiny changes that they were making to Halo 4 that would accumulate to become a fresh, improved product.
> >
> > I think people need to take the time to appreciate the little things that make Halo 4 such an improvement, because I honestly believe that if they shut off the servers, a lot of people would be upset. Especially if they tried to fill the void by going back to Halo 3.
>
> Of course it feels and plays different, the game is what? nearly seven years old now?
> Saying that a newer game plays better than an old game isn’t exactly a great epiphany
>
> Halo 4 is a major step back in the franchise for a number of reasons
> Excluding the multiplayer because honestly the multiplayer aspect of the game is purely subjective, some people like a balanced arena shooter (H2,3), others prefer a modern arcade shooter (H:R(to an extent with the execption my mlg v7 settings) H4)
>
> <mark>Halo 4 took steps back in the following</mark>
> <mark>Story</mark>
> Campaign Gameplay
> Spops replacing firefight
> Netcoding
> No good connection/regional search option
> Forge
> Custom game options
>
> One could even argue that it took steps back graphically as the frame rate issues that plague splitscreen players while playing forge maps usually ending in said player lagging out of the game was never a problem in H3 or H:R
>
>
>
> H4, is inferior in every single way outside of multiplayer (which as I have said before, this component is subjective based on the players likes and dislikes)
>
> My like and dislikes?
>
> I will take a balanced arena shooter over a modern arcade shooter any day of the week
> Halo 4’s infinity settings completely lack any type of balance which IMHO removes skill and skill gap from the game thus making it less enjoyable for competitive players
>
> Saying H4 is the best halo to date in my opinion would be grossly inaccurate

lolwut

Well… I cant say I totally agree… I still like Halo 3 better than 4, but like 4 better than reach.

I’m all for some change, but The thing about Halo 4 is that some of that change was altering the core elements of halo. Core elements such as descope, equal starts and dare a say it… no sprint (dont hurt me!) are features that have been and should be things people recognize as a constant for halo. Thats something Reach did right. Introduce new features while leaving the core of halo for the most part, intact.

Make the changes that you will 343, but with respect and preservation of halo’s core gameplay mechanics.

> lolwut

I say this because there were many plot holes within H4’s story and many things were left unexplained within the story, the information had to be gathered either from the terminals or from reading books

I suppose its an opinion thing, however I stand by my post my thoughts

> > Been playing since the original Halo, like most people on this forum, and I’ve always thought that Halo 2/3 was slightly better but out of boredom and nostalgia-filled-curiosity, I decided that I would go back to halo 3 and play a few games.
> >
> > I quickly found a lot of things that were wrong with the game that I didn’t remember experiencing.
> >
> > 1) The look speed and overall flow of the game was extremely clunky
> > 2) The game had a very small variety in playlists
> > 3) It just seemed like every game I played was the same as the last.
> >
> > I was constantly frustrated at how much I felt was lacking from the game; Like I had been driving around a 2013 model car for a year and was now sitting in the seat of a 1998 beater.
> >
> > Now don’t get me wrong, Halo 2/3 were THE most entertaining games of my childhood. All I ever did in my free time was play with my friends. BUT the experience of going back to something old after playing something updated has me appreciating.
> >
> > I didn’t notice how many little things went into improving Halo 4 as a game from previous titles until I was on Halo 3.
> > I can see now that the developers were probably extremely ecstatic about the little tiny changes that they were making to Halo 4 that would accumulate to become a fresh, improved product.
> >
> > I think people need to take the time to appreciate the little things that make Halo 4 such an improvement, because I honestly believe that if they shut off the servers, a lot of people would be upset. Especially if they tried to fill the void by going back to Halo 3.
>
> Of course it feels and plays different, the game is what? nearly seven years old now?
> Saying that a newer game plays better than an old game isn’t exactly a great epiphany
>
> Halo 4 is a major step back in the franchise for a number of reasons
> Excluding the multiplayer because honestly the multiplayer aspect of the game is purely subjective, some people like a balanced arena shooter (H2,3), others prefer a modern arcade shooter (H:R(to an extent with the execption my mlg v7 settings) H4)
>
> Halo 4 took steps back in the following
>
> Story
> Campaign Gameplay
> Spops replacing firefight
> Netcoding
> No good connection/regional search option
> Forge
> Custom game options
>
> One could even argue that it took steps back graphically as the frame rate issues that plague splitscreen players while playing forge maps usually ending in said player lagging out of the game was never a problem in H3 or H:R
>
>
>
> H4, is inferior in every single way outside of multiplayer (which as I have said before, this component is subjective based on the players likes and dislikes)
>
> My like and dislikes?
>
> I will take a balanced arena shooter over a modern arcade shooter any day of the week
> Halo 4’s infinity settings completely lack any type of balance which IMHO removes skill and skill gap from the game thus making it less enjoyable for competitive players
>
> Saying H4 is the best halo to date in my opinion would be grossly inaccurate

Okay, I’ll reiterate a little:
I don’t think Halo 4 is better than Halo 3, but I do think it is on par with Halo 3.

Like you said, it’s all subjective but:

I like the story better in Halo 4, it’s more involved in my opinion, plus there is two more games to tell the story

I do miss firefight from ODST, I had a load of fun on it, but I think personally that FF was butchered in Reach because you didn’t have unlimited time and your resources were a lot closer to unlimited.
I didn’t love Spartan Ops, but to me it was fun for one play through and I welcomed the idea of it.

I get perfectly good connection, never had a problem with it, so I can’t really relate. But I do feel bad for the people in Australia for example who can’t enjoy it due to connection problems, so that is a bummer.

I never was a huge fan of customs or forge either so I guess it doesn’t make an impact on my opinion of the game, but I can see how that would affect others’ opinions negatively.

I’ve also never experienced these frame rate issues, but I’m sure that would be pretty miserable. I guess I’ll consider myself lucky.

And finally, to be honest, I also enjoy a arena shooter over the loadout system in H4, but I guess after playing vanilla halo since Halo 2 came out, the new playstyle was a refreshing for me.
I do enjoy playing infinity slayer quite a bit though if I’m ever in the mood for something classic.

> > lolwut
>
> I say this because there were many plot holes within H4’s story and many things were left unexplained within the story, the information had to be gathered either from the terminals or from reading books
>
> I suppose its an opinion thing, however I stand by my post my thoughts

There were much more plotholes in 3 and Reach, 343 did acknowledge they didn’t explain stuff too well but it’s better than going through the original trilogy without knowing why we’re fighting the Covenant and why the Flood are trying to kill all life in the galaxy, we can interpret pretty easily that the Didact is still angry at us for attacking the galaxy in the past through one sentence from the Librarian - “Mankind spread into the stars with an unexpected, desperate violence. Entire systems fell before the Didact’s Warrior-Servants rose to halt the aggression.”

That gives some sort of context unlike various points in the Halo Trilogy :confused:

This exact same thing happened to me, on Bungie day I decided to give Halo 3 a try expecting to have a blast (I use to always play it before Reach came out) and after just a couple of games I was getting very bored and frustrated. The one highlight of that day was playing on Construct and getting somewhere around 20 kills with the Flamethrower, but other than that I wasn’t really enjoying it plus I was getting heaps of lag and nearly half the games I played, at least two of my teammates quit which in Halo 4 firstly I hardly ever get any serious lag and secondly I am sometimes glad we can have JIP to keep teams even (although overall I’m neutral for JIP)

It felt quite strange not enjoying Halo 3, but now it has made me appreciate Halo 4 even more.

Also I still like all Halos equally (including Spartan Assault and Halo wars) so I’m not just trying to hate Halo 3 at all.

OP, its great to see that there still are some genuine Halo 4 lovers in these forums.

But, I don’t consider Halo 4 the best Halo game out there, since I find Halo 4 boring.

true

Another thought:

343 listens to their fans more than bungie ever did.

Look at how much this game has turned into what the fans have asked for, or at least a compromise of what people wanted.

And it seems to me that 343 is constantly updating Halo 4. They even added a new game type (ricochet) which I believe could be a new classic.

Okay, I’ll reiterate a little:
I don’t think Halo 4 is better than Halo 3, but I do think it is on par with Halo 3.

I stopped reading after that, the thread became pointless, also i feel sorry for your life if you think halo 4 is the best halo

Halo 3 is unique. Halo 4 not.

Halo 3 will always be the better Halo. Because 4 is more or less a weird mix between Halo and COD and doesn’t know what it wants to be. The complete opposite of Halo 3, which clearly know what it is. A core arena shooter.

> Okay, I’ll reiterate a little:
> I don’t think Halo 4 is better than Halo 3, but I do think it is on par with Halo 3.
>
>
> I stopped reading after that, the thread became pointless, also i feel sorry for your life if you think halo 4 is the best halo

I actually live in a trash can and am using my neighbor’s wifi on a stolen laptop because I have different opinions than you.
>implying your life is better than mine because my opinion is different from most.