Halo 4- Best/Favorite Automatic Weapon?

Pretty simple based on the title, I just wanna know what’s the general consensus on the favorite/best all-around automatic weapon you can plop in your loadout, and why? The Assault Rifle, Storm Rifle, or Suppressor? I lean most towards the Assault Rifle personally, but I wanna hear what the community has to say on the topic too.

Only time people get kills on me with an auto loadout is when they’re using the AR so I’ll say that one.

Assault Rifle. Honestly H4 did a great job with that gun. The sound was beefy and it looked just as iconic as always. It also felt genuinely useful as an all-purpose assault weapon.

You should try the suppressor.

I would definitely say that the Suppressor is the most powerful automatic weapon in Halo 4. It deals a decent amount of damage as long as it’s used in short range. It’s even capable to take down Promethean Knights on Legendary if it’s used correctly.

> 2535469120778295;5:
> I would definitely say that the Suppressor is the most powerful automatic weapon in Halo 4. It deals a decent amount of damage as long as it’s used in short range. It’s even capable to take down Promethean Knights on Legendary if it’s used correctly.

Really? I’ll have to try it out. I’m a bit doubtful though since it’s next to impossible to get in close to a Promethean Knight without them insta-killing you with some weird trick up their sleeve. That’s why I don’t like the suppressor. It’s a less effective reskin of the AR that requires you to get even closer than is required with the AR, but everything about H4 requires you to pick off enemies from range, lest you get overwhelmed by their numbers or their random abilities that kill you in a single blow.

> 2535435902217648;6:
> > 2535469120778295;5:
> > I would definitely say that the Suppressor is the most powerful automatic weapon in Halo 4. It deals a decent amount of damage as long as it’s used in short range. It’s even capable to take down Promethean Knights on Legendary if it’s used correctly.
>
> Really? I’ll have to try it out. I’m a bit doubtful though since it’s next to impossible to get in close to a Promethean Knight without them insta-killing you with some weird trick up their sleeve. That’s why I don’t like the suppressor. It’s a less effective reskin of the AR that requires you to get even closer than is required with the AR, but everything about H4 requires you to pick off enemies from range, lest you get overwhelmed by their numbers or their random abilities that kill you in a single blow.

The main instant kill tactic used by the Knights is there melee attack which can be devastating. However, the effective range of the Suppressor is slightly longer than melee attack range from the Knights. Based on experience, the main risk with using the Suppressor is that you place yourself in a situation where you are too exposed either in terms of being too far away from a cover or being attacked by too many enemies at once.

Does the needler count as an automatic weapon cus if so that is. If it doesn’t ar best ofc

> 2535444071186727;8:
> Does the needler count as an automatic weapon cus if so that is. If it doesn’t ar best ofc

It def does but I was just meaning ones you can select with your loadout, thanks!

I spent a lot of time playing the campaign, and out of the three weapons I tended to use the AR most often, so I suppose that’s my choice

Storm Rifle. Not as much ammo, but it is the most powerful.