Halo 4 Battle Rifle and DMR

What one are you more excited about and what will you use more often?

I would assume Hardcore Halo 3 fans may stick with the Battle Rifle.

For me I will try and alternate between the both of them. But from YouTube footage of ComicCon gameplay, what looks more satisfying to you?

i was never very good with the battle rifle, idk why. but i really enjoyed the DMR and did really well with it. i know what im gonna be sticking with.

I’m definitely gonna use the DMR more. I might use the BR some just so I can use my Arctic Skin for it, though.

Even with all the talk about the DMR being better, I’ll still probably stick with the BR.

Probably DMR more. Battle Rifle for messing around.

Battle rifle, better vs assualt rifle full auto than DMR, and fines faster than a DMR also, plus that 3 round burst is just… a pleasing sound I’ve come to love

I’m not using either. I hate the DMR and the BR is overrated. I’ll stick with my trusty Carbine.

DMR here!

I don’t want to be at a disadvantage straight out the bat so I’ll go with the DMR.

Battle Rifle= More Aim Assist. Can fling thumb stick across because of burst fire (3 shot bursts), faster ROF, niche is medium to close range but can be pretty good down range if you can adjust to recoil. Slightly less damage than the DMR but less risk when missing shots. The “easier” gun to use.

DMR= Single shot, less aim assist, bloom. ROF is solid (not as fast as the BR though) Niche is long to medium range, so so at close. High risk high reward; Miss one shot and you may as well die but land every shot and you will dominate. The “harder” gun to use. Hitscan.

After breaking down both guns, those who lean towards the BR (like i will) will do so out of Nostalgia, preference to 3 round burst, and/or because our aim isn’t the best. Fling feature will allow for some clutch plays though not necessarily looked at as “skillful”.

The DMR will be a tad bit harder to use thanks to lower aim assist and bloom. It will have nice range but in 1v1 encounters, it’s going to come down to whoever misses. I can see the DMR used more at the higher ends of competitive play because unlike the BR, it will be viewed as the more “skillful” weapon.

Whatever you choose, make sure you take in consideration your own playstyle, preferences, and of course, skill level.

The Battle Rifle always was my favourite from the day I first picked it up in Halo 2, and when I had started playing Halo Reach I sucked like hell with the DMR even in the campaign. But thanks to players always choosing to do Slayer DMRs in Matchmaking, I had no choice but to practice, now I think its quite nice.

To sum it all up, I am a teensy bit more excited for the Battle Rifle than I am for the DMR :smiley:

Ill use whatever weapon the situation calls for.

> Ill use whatever weapon the situation calls for.

This.

It depends on the map for me. Medium BR, very large DMR. Smaller maps AR.

> > Ill use whatever weapon the situation calls for.
>
> This.
>
> It depends on the map for me. Medium BR, very large DMR. Smaller maps AR.

That.

No point deciding on one or another, you’ll bound to be switching for different maps and gametypes.

I’d say Battle Rifle will be my “Go-to” weapon, but I won’t be sticking with one weapon, all 4 rifles look sweet.

And never thought I’d say this, but I might even use Assault Rifle, it seems to be actually effective now.

I’ll use both and see which one i prefer, i love the BR from past halo games but i also liked the DMR in reach, so until i’ve used both and got a feel for them, i can’t really say

> I don’t want to be at a disadvantage straight out the bat so I’ll go with the DMR.

343 have intentionally designed each primary weapon to work well in its own niche. They have said several times that the BR will be better at at short-medium range than a DMR.

Yes the DMR has a slightly faster kill time than the BR, however people seem to be forgetting that the BR is burst fire. The effect of a burst fire weapon compared with a single shot weapon when in a close quarter scenario should not be underestimated.

I will be using both the BR and DMR.

heres my question. whats going to be the default for swat? if its a plalist, i dont even know. but i would think it would have to be the DMR because its more percision based. i remember in halo 2&3 swat was pretty much sweep shotting peoples heads the whole time, where in reach it was more precise.
if the option is given between the two then i can see the BR taking over almost immediately which i am not a fan of for a swat gametype.

> > I don’t want to be at a disadvantage straight out the bat so I’ll go with the DMR.
>
> 343 have intentionally designed each primary weapon to work well in its own niche. They have said several times that the BR will be better at at short-medium range than a DMR.
>
> Yes the DMR has a slightly faster kill time than the BR, however people seem to be forgetting that the BR is burst fire. The effect of a burst fire weapon compared with a single shot weapon when in a close quarter scenario should not be underestimated.
>
> I will be using both the BR and DMR.

Map sizes being what they are you’ll find yourself mainly in mid - long range battles. The DMR kills the BR in this range. The BR is only going to be better than the DMR in short to short-mid range, but isn’t that what a secondary weapon is for? Therefore, the BR is pointless. I hope everyone does use the BR though, more kills for me.

> heres my question. whats going to be the default for swat? if its a plalist, i dont even know. but i would think it would have to be the DMR because its more percision based. i remember in halo 2&3 swat was pretty much sweep shotting peoples heads the whole time, where in reach it was more precise.
> if the option is given between the two then i can see the BR taking over almost immediately which i am not a fan of for a swat gametype.

I believe in a interview 343 stated that it is a choice between the DMR or BR.

If so then I believe alot of people will be going with the BR because of it’s 3 shot burst fire giving you a greater chance of achieving a headshot.

Interestingly I find it peculiar that some people can’t seem to apply this method of thinking to the standard game. Getting a final headshot on an unshielded opponent is a critical part of halo gameplay. With a DMR you have one chance with each shot, with the BR however you have three. Surely this puts the BR at a great advantage in this kind of scenario?