Halo 4 Audio and Armor

Hello 343, I’ve been having a slight problem with Halo 4. The audio. Let’s make this quick.

This is just a personal suggestion and thought from me and some others that I’ve asked. The soundtrack is spectacular from what I’ve been blessed with. But there is a problem, the Sniper audio. The Sniper Rifle is way to weak and light. The Assault Rifle and the DMR for example, have really good sound. Another thing that has became a bit of an… urm, annoyance is the announcer. I’m going to be completely 100% honest, but he sounds like he just did a pound of -Yoink!- and drank five redbulls. It’s way to insane and fast. Like Fast and Furious Fast. Although it won’t really bother me and isn’t major.

My last issue, the armor shows off to much of the black under it and looks disorienting and some of the helmets are a little… Yeah. They don’t really seem to be heavily “inspired”. Sure, I’ve seen a lot of good helmets and armor from 343 already (Props to 343, some look insanely awesome!), especially that soldier one and all. If you could just fix some of them, that’d be great.

That’s pretty much it. I just wanted to give my opinion to you guys and gals at 343. Great job on the game so far, it looks incredible. When I saw the campaign, I was on the edge of my seat. Best thing showed at E3! :slight_smile:

EDIT: When it says in the poll ‘I have a problem with the audio for the weapons’, I mean the Sniper Rifle.
EDIT2: Sorry guys, I just heard the BR again. It sounds good. I still have a problem with the Sniper and the announcer though. For multikills he’s good, but for assassinations and all that… It’s too crazy.

I don’t really have a problem with weapons or armor or the announcer.

nothing like a good ol’ forum to actually see how peoples opinions differ from one another. i like most of the helmets but i cant say the same about the armors…

The audio we heard in the demo probably isn’t anything close to the final product. In matter such as this, developers will take an older build than what they have currently to shows like E3 and whatnot. They do this mainly because even thought the builds are older and not as pretty or new, they tend to be more stable- less glitches.

Since the show was in June, I would say that the build shown was probably how the game was early 2012 (January-February). So your audio concerns will probably be relieved come release time.

And we haven’t really gotten to see all the armor in game yet, so I would say just give it a little more time.

I disagree with everything except for the announcer. When I heard it sounded like he was being forced to say it by 343 and they had hostage with a gun to his family’s heads. It was absolutely terrible. Let’s just hope that’s one of the changes they make before the release

> I disagree with everything except for the announcer. When I heard it sounded like he was being forced to say it by 343 and they had hostage with a gun to his family’s heads. It was absolutely terrible. Let’s just hope that’s one of the changes they make before the release

Haha. That’s kinda what I thought. For multi-kills he was okay though.

I hate the helmets/armor, simply because of the lack of visor. It seems like visor has taken a major backseat to everything else, and they just don’t quite look like the Spartans of yore, to my eye.

I don’t like the Warrior and Oceanic helmets. They don’t really fit in.