Halo 4 at this month's Xbox 360 Spring Showcase (FEB 29)

Edit: Even though this was posted first, you may lock since the other one picked up replies.

Our good friend and dedicated detective over at Neogaf, Hypertrooper, has uncovered some details relating to a Halo 4 reveal at the MS Spring Showcase Feb. 29:

Source

(He also has links to the Finnish magazine as well confirming this info but is waiting on mod approval to post them there. They will not be posted here.)

> The finnish magazine Pelaaja posted that Microsoft will held a Spring Showcase on February 29th. They even specify that Halo 4 will be there. I don’t know if I’m allowed to post the pic(I asked a Mod), therefore I’ll post the tweet:
> https://twitter.com/#!/Kaban0ssi/sta...35388940525568

source

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/02/halo-4-details-coming-29th-february.html

I’ll be covering the event through my site too.

Could this be the “distant horizon”?

At. Long. Last.

Funny that somebody decided to make a thread about it. I just stopped reading Pelaaja and thought about asking a confirmation for it. It’s weird that a Finnish magazine would be the first one to release the info about it and I definitely hadn’t heard about this before. But well, at least now we have a date: February 29th.

Could it be??? A date reguarding Halo 4 that actually means something? Crawls out from filthy man cave, holds hand up to block the intense sun blasting into retinas. Yes! It is finally here… a date in which more shall be reve… “THIS IS 343!” Gets kicked back into man cave.

That is the scenerio I see happening. We will get all kinds of pumped for either no news or probably news that their will be news…

/awaits 343 trolling about it and then whining afterwards that they can’t be expected to tell us every time they know something isn’t going to happen.

> http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/02/halo-4-details-coming-29th-february.html
>
> I’ll be covering the event through my site too.

I like your Master Chief picture.

> /awaits 343 trolling about it and then whining afterwards that they can’t be expected to tell us every time they know something isn’t going to happen.

I’m not truly believing that Halo 4 will be shown but if they wait until like the last second again… I will not buy the game. Just out of self respect. So 343 while the hype is building you can either do one of two things… Come in here and say nah… If it isn’t happening. Or just chill around if it is happening. Just remember you will lose at least one loyal fan if this goes to the last second and their is nothing to show. You have basically a month to deny. Their should be no reason that this thread isn’t seen within a month. The clock is ticking.

And if someone could PM Frankie or David that would be nice. If this isn’t legit it needs shot down asap.

> > /awaits 343 trolling about it and then whining afterwards that they can’t be expected to tell us every time they know something isn’t going to happen.
>
> I’m not truly believing that Halo 4 will be shown but if they wait until like the last second again… I will not buy the game. Just out of self respect. So 343 while the hype is building you can either do one of two things… Come in here and say nah… If it isn’t happening. Or just chill around if it is happening. Just remember you will lose at least one loyal fan if this goes to the last second and their is nothing to show. You have basically a month to deny. Their should be no reason that this thread isn’t seen within a month. The clock is ticking.

See…

I don’t even have a problem with them not mentioning it and not confirming or denying it.

My problem is when they troll about it for weeks, make official blog posts about it, tweet about it, and then claim that they can’t be expected to shoot down every rumor out there.

> > /awaits 343 trolling about it and then whining afterwards that they can’t be expected to tell us every time they know something isn’t going to happen.
>
> I’m not truly believing that Halo 4 will be shown but if they wait until like the last second again… I will not buy the game. Just out of self respect. So 343 while the hype is building you can either do one of two things… Come in here and say nah… If it isn’t happening. Or just chill around if it is happening. Just remember you will lose at least one loyal fan if this goes to the last second and their is nothing to show. You have basically a month to deny. Their should be no reason that this thread isn’t seen within a month. The clock is ticking.
>
> And if someone could PM Frankie or David that would be nice. If this isn’t legit it needs shot down asap.

No offense, but its the game that matters. I don’t care what 343i says or doesn’t say, or what they reveal or don’t reveal. I only care if I personally enjoy the game, which I won’t know until I buy it.

> > > /awaits 343 trolling about it and then whining afterwards that they can’t be expected to tell us every time they know something isn’t going to happen.
> >
> > I’m not truly believing that Halo 4 will be shown but if they wait until like the last second again… I will not buy the game. Just out of self respect. So 343 while the hype is building you can either do one of two things… Come in here and say nah… If it isn’t happening. Or just chill around if it is happening. Just remember you will lose at least one loyal fan if this goes to the last second and their is nothing to show. You have basically a month to deny. Their should be no reason that this thread isn’t seen within a month. The clock is ticking.
> >
> > And if someone could PM Frankie or David that would be nice. If this isn’t legit it needs shot down asap.
>
> No offense, but its the game that matters. I don’t care what 343i says or doesn’t say, or what they reveal or don’t reveal. I only care if I personally enjoy the game, which I won’t know until I buy it.

I’m just sick of 343i letting rumors slide then denying them the day of or the day before said events happen. It is absolutly unprofessional. If they had any kooth what so ever they would let us know if it isn’t happening. At the moment people have all the right to get pumped up about this news. And then the very last second multiple 343 employees are going to come out of nowhere and be like “Where did you hear that from?” And I’m going to vomit. I don’t expect 343 employees to answer every possible question but you damn well know that this thread is going to blow up and this will be news everywhere… It’s not like they aren’t going to hear about this at all.

Overall it is the game that matters but I’m not going to support a dev that messes with us this hard. I’ll wait and buy the game used.

Hmm…didn’t even know Microsoft held a Spring Showcase this year. Odd. They used to have these Xbox events yearly a couple of years ago, and they always showed off new big titles. Halo Wars debuted on one of them for instance.

Halo 4 showing up there would be no suprise. It would give Microsoft the opportunity to announce and show some new games and DLC packs. A dedicated event would be perfect for showing the first footage of Halo 4. AND, most importantly; February is about the right time to start the hype (still a bit late, but definatly still not bad) so that they can go big at E3.

Source being Finnish doesn’t mean it’s not credible by the way. CEA was rumoured countless times by Italian magazines, plenty of games have been rumoured through Spanish and French mags, even some through Dutch magazines.

I’m putting my money on this event and not on the Super Bowl.

> > > > /awaits 343 trolling about it and then whining afterwards that they can’t be expected to tell us every time they know something isn’t going to happen.
> > >
> > > I’m not truly believing that Halo 4 will be shown but if they wait until like the last second again… I will not buy the game. Just out of self respect. So 343 while the hype is building you can either do one of two things… Come in here and say nah… If it isn’t happening. Or just chill around if it is happening. Just remember you will lose at least one loyal fan if this goes to the last second and their is nothing to show. You have basically a month to deny. Their should be no reason that this thread isn’t seen within a month. The clock is ticking.
> > >
> > > And if someone could PM Frankie or David that would be nice. If this isn’t legit it needs shot down asap.
> >
> > No offense, but its the game that matters. I don’t care what 343i says or doesn’t say, or what they reveal or don’t reveal. I only care if I personally enjoy the game, which I won’t know until I buy it.
>
> I’m just sick of 343i letting rumors slide then denying them the day of or the day before said events happen. It is absolutly unprofessional. If they had any kooth what so ever they would let us know if it isn’t happening. At the moment people have all the right to get pumped up about this news. And then the very last second multiple 343 employees are going to come out of nowhere and be like “Where did you hear that from?” And I’m going to vomit. I don’t expect 343 employees to answer every possible question but you damn well know that this thread is going to blow up and this will be news everywhere… It’s not like they aren’t going to hear about this at all.
>
> Overall it is the game that matters but I’m not going to support a dev that messes with us this hard. I’ll wait and buy the game used.

Fair enough. But honestly, I’d rather 343i release no information on Halo 4 at all. Not only would that be a collective punch in the face to the horde of Halo fans who think they “deserve” or have the “right” to information, but it would lessen the hype and actually make the game far more enjoyable.

All the hype and ViDocs and trailers and spoilers Bungie released for ODST and Reach completely destroyed it for me. ODST, which would have otherwise been surprisingly fun and unique, was mediocre and dull because I knew what was going to happen. The reveals of Reach showed me a proper game that was going to fix Halo 3’s mistakes and tell us the story of the Fall of Reach; neither of which it did… but I won’t get into the massively disappointing, canon-slaughtering Campaign here. My point is, while some information is vital to a proper marketing campaign, I’d really go dark if I had the self-control. Unfortunately, I don’t, so 343i’s lack of information is, for me anyway, very refreshing and much appreciated.

> > > > > /awaits 343 trolling about it and then whining afterwards that they can’t be expected to tell us every time they know something isn’t going to happen.
> > > >
> > > > I’m not truly believing that Halo 4 will be shown but if they wait until like the last second again… I will not buy the game. Just out of self respect. So 343 while the hype is building you can either do one of two things… Come in here and say nah… If it isn’t happening. Or just chill around if it is happening. Just remember you will lose at least one loyal fan if this goes to the last second and their is nothing to show. You have basically a month to deny. Their should be no reason that this thread isn’t seen within a month. The clock is ticking.
> > > >
> > > > And if someone could PM Frankie or David that would be nice. If this isn’t legit it needs shot down asap.
> > >
> > > No offense, but its the game that matters. I don’t care what 343i says or doesn’t say, or what they reveal or don’t reveal. I only care if I personally enjoy the game, which I won’t know until I buy it.
> >
> > I’m just sick of 343i letting rumors slide then denying them the day of or the day before said events happen. It is absolutly unprofessional. If they had any kooth what so ever they would let us know if it isn’t happening. At the moment people have all the right to get pumped up about this news. And then the very last second multiple 343 employees are going to come out of nowhere and be like “Where did you hear that from?” And I’m going to vomit. I don’t expect 343 employees to answer every possible question but you damn well know that this thread is going to blow up and this will be news everywhere… It’s not like they aren’t going to hear about this at all.
> >
> > Overall it is the game that matters but I’m not going to support a dev that messes with us this hard. I’ll wait and buy the game used.
>
> Fair enough. But honestly, I’d rather 343i release no information on Halo 4 at all. Not only would that be a collective punch in the face to the horde of Halo fans who think they “deserve” or have the “right” to information, but it would lessen the hype and actually make the game far more enjoyable.
>
> All the hype and ViDocs and trailers and spoilers Bungie released for ODST and Reach completely destroyed it for me. ODST, which would have otherwise been surprisingly fun and unique, was mediocre and dull because I knew what was going to happen. The reveals of Reach showed me a proper game that was going to fix Halo 3’s mistakes and tell us the story of the Fall of Reach; neither of which it did… but I won’t get into the massively disappointing, canon-slaughtering Campaign here. My point is, while some information is vital to a proper marketing campaign, I’d really go dark if I had the self-control. Unfortunately, I don’t, so 343i’s lack of information is, for me anyway, very refreshing and much appreciated.

I’d be ok with not seeing anything. If I know their is potential for a showing though I’m gonna want to check it out. I just don’t think the way 343i waits until the last second to deny rumors is right to do to the fans… For that and that alone I would hold off on buying the game until I could get it used. I’m the kind of person that would rather not have a beta because the final game feels like a map pack for the beta to me. If the oppertunity arises though just like you said… I can’t contain myself. :slight_smile:

[deleted]

Did I not tell you all Feburary was gonna be our lucky month? I’m pretty sure I did :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, I knew we were gonna get something either this month or next, this comes as no surprise to me but a date to countdown to is always awesome.

I felt like this day would never come :’(

Although i have to say going into Halo 4 un-spoiled would probably make for a more memorable gaming experience, i do feel the Halo community has cause to be upset. People are used to Bungie’s way of doing things, who have set the standards for strong community/developer based relations. Bungie (on the most part) did a good job of keeping the fans up-to-date in terms of development progress and with features like Forge and saved films, Halo has become as much a product of the fans as it is a product of Bungie.

343 are doing things differently… Not saying anything at this stage does have its benefits - it gives 343 an air of confidence, they must have something pretty good to show us if they are being so secretive, at least that’s the logic i’ve come to.

As a result people are more hyped than ever which arguably is a good thing. However too much hype isnt a good thing, 343i have a lot to prove. I am concerned that people’s expectations exceed what they will actually get in the end. I for one am convinced that its coming out for a new Xbox console coming out at the end of the year (as well as on 360), my speculation is based on the fact that 343i are being so secretive. My better judgement knows that this wont happen, but it doesn’t get rid of the fact that Halo 4 on Xbox 720, Infinite, loop etc is the dream for me, however inconceivable. Speculation like this comes from lack of concrete details, perhaps if we had seen an in engine trailer by now - people’s expectations wouldn’t be so high nor their speculations so far-fetched. justsayin…

> Did I not tell you all Feburary was gonna be our lucky month? I’m pretty sure I did :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Seriously though, I knew we were gonna get something either this month or next, this comes as no surprise to me but a date to countdown to is always awesome.
>
> I felt like this day would never come :’(

And the beautiful thing is, I have THREE brand new games to purchase this month that’ll effectively keep the wait bearable.

Now, we just need BS Angel to confirm it in that super long bulletin that’s coming. Frankie is drunk, naked, and uncooperative in London right now, but after being rather talkative with the members this morning, he became mysteriously silent after this news was sleuthed on NeoGAF …