Halo 4 Assault Rifle comparsion

How does the current build of the Halo 4 Assault Rifle compare to previous Halo games? Does anyone have video examples or something else?

The people who have played it said that this AR is a freaking beast. I cannot wait to use it.

I hope they didn’t design it as a niche, close range weapon.

I saw I guy kill someone with the AR using only half the clip, this was at pretty close range and all the shots hit.

Can anyone give a link to some gameplay of someone using it? All I keep seeing is the BR or DMR. : (

Looks awesome so far, looking forward to getting my hands on it!

> I saw I guy kill someone with the AR using only half the clip, this was at pretty close range and all the shots hit.

It might actually be a Primary weapon after all! :smiley:

Please let this be true and make spray and pray a dumb tactic outside close range xD

> > I saw I guy kill someone with the AR using only half the clip, this was at pretty close range and all the shots hit.
>
> It might actually be a Primary weapon after all! :smiley:
>
> Please let this be true and make spray and pray a dumb tactic outside close range xD

What!? No!! This is the main reason for my fear!! That it will be a simple spray and pray weapon that doesn’t take skill.

> I hope they didn’t design it as a niche, close range weapon.

I don’t know, some videos from RTX it should it had some range to it, but it looked like it dominated up close.

And I love the look of the assault rifle, its like a updated version of the Halo CE one

*Awesome :smiley:

> > > I saw I guy kill someone with the AR using only half the clip, this was at pretty close range and all the shots hit.
> >
> > It might actually be a Primary weapon after all! :smiley:
> >
> > Please let this be true and make spray and pray a dumb tactic outside close range xD
>
> What!? No!! This is the main reason for my fear!! That it will be a simple spray and pray weapon that doesn’t take skill.

It seems that the majority of people on these forums are infatuated with the no-skill AR mechanic of pull trigger to win. It seems that those with actual skill can still kill AR spammers with the carb/dmr/br so it should be fine.

> > > I saw I guy kill someone with the AR using only half the clip, this was at pretty close range and all the shots hit.
> >
> > It might actually be a Primary weapon after all! :smiley:
> >
> > Please let this be true and make spray and pray a dumb tactic outside close range xD
>
> What!? No!! This is the main reason for my fear!! That it will be a simple spray and pray weapon that doesn’t take skill.

From my experiences in Reach, Spray and Pray outside of close range is terrible, often leaving you stuck reloading, or killed because the precision weapon is used correctly.

It’s a precision TIMING weapon. If you are going to use a precision AIMING weapon, learn to aim and get back so you won’t die.

I got to use the AR at RTX.

It sounds BETTER than ANY other AR in the past.

It is ROBUST in feel and the lead it chunks out is more effective than previous renditions. I think the spread is a little smaller but the damage may have been increased a bit over passed AR’s.

It seems like the range my be a little longer also.

> Can anyone give a link to some gameplay of someone using it? All I keep seeing is the BR or DMR. : (

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBBv5YS9084&feature=youtu.be

You can see assault rifle action at 29:04 and 40:38

> > > > I saw I guy kill someone with the AR using only half the clip, this was at pretty close range and all the shots hit.
> > >
> > > It might actually be a Primary weapon after all! :smiley:
> > >
> > > Please let this be true and make spray and pray a dumb tactic outside close range xD
> >
> > What!? No!! This is the main reason for my fear!! That it will be a simple spray and pray weapon that doesn’t take skill.
>
> From my experiences in Reach, Spray and Pray outside of close range is terrible, often leaving you stuck reloading, or killed because the precision weapon is used correctly.
>
> It’s a precision TIMING weapon. If you are going to use a precision AIMING weapon, learn to aim and get back so you won’t die.

I played the game too and I agree with this. You can only shoot the gun for about 3.5 seconds before reloading. You have to burst fire to kill someone past 20 feet or you run out of ammo.

It looks way overpowered.

I hope it destroys at close range but is beaten by the precision weapons at the longer ones.

I believe this video speaks for itself. I’d need to play with it, though. But it does looks quite nice.

@ those who have played: Is it as accurate as Reach’s AR?

> I saw I guy kill someone with the AR using only half the clip, this was at pretty close range and all the shots hit.

Holy -Yoinking!- -Yoink-…this gun is gonna be awesome.

I can’t wait n.n