Halo 4 Assault Rifle/ Automatic Weapons

We all know that the assault rifle (AR) has proven to be worth… well virtually nothing. In fact almost all fully automatic weapons in a halo game have been garbage (excluding the needler). So my question is will 343 Industries finally do something that Bungie has failed to do and beef up the automatic weapons? Or will they be useless as before. I’ve seen a bit of AR game-play and it seems like it’s stronger but who knows I can only hope. Let me know what you think.

yes, the AR, Storm rifle and suppressor are strong and contend with the precision weapons in a close quarters environment, at longer ranges they are extremely outclassed.

> We all know that the assualt rifle (AR) has proven to be worth… well virtually nothing. Infact almost all fully automatic weapons in a halo have been garbage (excluding the needler). So my question is will 343 Industries finally do something that Bungie has failed to do and beef up the automatic weapons? Or will they be useless as before. I’ve seen a bit of AR gameplay and it seems like it’s stronger but who knows I can only hope. Let me know what you think.

Says you. I learned how to use automatics and can beast people with them.

> > We all know that the assualt rifle (AR) has proven to be worth… well virtually nothing. Infact almost all fully automatic weapons in a halo have been garbage (excluding the needler). So my question is will 343 Industries finally do something that Bungie has failed to do and beef up the automatic weapons? Or will they be useless as before. I’ve seen a bit of AR gameplay and it seems like it’s stronger but who knows I can only hope. Let me know what you think.
>
> Says you. I learned how to use automatics and can beast people with them.

Still man it’s not about you.
Certain people can pwn with underpowered guns but that doesn’t change the fact they are underpowered.

Automatics , should be able to kill at least 2 ppl per mag(overheat) and should by burst fire be able to struggle with precisions.

Ofc precisions pwn them in long range and they get owned in short range by autos.

> > > We all know that the assualt rifle (AR) has proven to be worth… well virtually nothing. Infact almost all fully automatic weapons in a halo have been garbage (excluding the needler). So my question is will 343 Industries finally do something that Bungie has failed to do and beef up the automatic weapons? Or will they be useless as before. I’ve seen a bit of AR gameplay and it seems like it’s stronger but who knows I can only hope. Let me know what you think.
> >
> > Says you. I learned how to use automatics and can beast people with them.
>
> Still man it’s not about you.
> Certain people can pwn with underpowered guns but that doesn’t change the fact they are underpowered.
>
> Automatics , should be able to kill at least 2 ppl per mag(overheat) and should by burst fire be able to struggle with precisions.
>
> Ofc precisions pwn them in long range and they get owned in short range by autos.

They “should”? Where is the law stating that they must? This is Halo after all, a game with shields. Where the idea is to wear them down then strike for the kill. Regardless, we do have options to increase damage or lower resistance. Can easily double the damage output by automatics. Go test out a few gametypes with those options for me :slight_smile:

Maybe they’re not underpowered, maybe other weapons are overpowered. Maybe other people would be able to do better with them, and even prefer them if OP weapons weren’t so tempting. Even people who think those weapons may be OP and want the overall sandbox to be useful will opt to select those weapons because they’re not persistant enough to play at a slight disadvantage. Other players like it that way for the simplified playstyles and easier achievements.

the new auto weapons are absolutely devastating at closer ranges now

They seem pretty good multiplayer wise which is more than I could say before. The CE AR and Plasma Rifle were pretty good but the Pistol was just on that one tier above. I love the M6D to death but it was just too much.

I hope the auto weapons are viable without firepower given players properly adjusting their playstyle. I am disappointed the autos work essentially the same(fast blooming/large spread) and we don’t have variety such as scopes, tighter spread higher power(CE plasma Rifle) etc. Though to be fair the Headshot weapons are not exempt from similar issues(3 5 shot weapons/2 12 shot/round magazines)

The CE and ODST have the only campaigns where the auto weapons were practical options beyond just for varieties sake. Hopefully multiplayer success will also mean campaign balance.

> They seem pretty good multiplayer wise which is more than I could say before. The CE AR and Plasma Rifle were pretty good but the Pistol was just on that one tier above. I love the M6D to death but it was just too much.
>
> I hope the auto weapons are viable without firepower given players properly adjusting their playstyle. I am disappointed the autos work essentially the same(fast blooming/large spread) and we don’t have variety such as scopes, tighter spread higher power(CE plasma Rifle) etc. Though to be fair the Headshot weapons are not exempt from similar issues(3 5 shot weapons/2 12 shot/round magazines)
>
>
> The CE and ODST have the only campaigns where the auto weapons were practical options beyond just for varieties sake. Hopefully multiplayer success will also mean campaign balance.

Oh thank you! Yeah that brings up another point. I’m not just talking about multiplayer but also campaign. In halo 3 and Halo Reach for the most part you never really used much automatic weapons. Especially if playing on legendary. So I’m talking about overall on both multiplayer and campaign. Thanks for bringing this up!

> > > > We all know that the assualt rifle (AR) has proven to be worth… well virtually nothing. Infact almost all fully automatic weapons in a halo have been garbage (excluding the needler). So my question is will 343 Industries finally do something that Bungie has failed to do and beef up the automatic weapons? Or will they be useless as before. I’ve seen a bit of AR gameplay and it seems like it’s stronger but who knows I can only hope. Let me know what you think.
> > >
> > > Says you. I learned how to use automatics and can beast people with them.
> >
> > Still man it’s not about you.
> > Certain people can pwn with underpowered guns but that doesn’t change the fact they are underpowered.
> >
> > Automatics , should be able to kill at least 2 ppl per mag(overheat) and should by burst fire be able to struggle with precisions.
> >
> > Ofc precisions pwn them in long range and they get owned in short range by autos.
>
> They “should”? Where is the law stating that they must? This is Halo after all, a game with shields. Where the idea is to wear them down then strike for the kill. Regardless, we do have options to increase damage or lower resistance. Can easily double the damage output by automatics. Go test out a few gametypes with those options for me :slight_smile:
>
> Maybe they’re not underpowered, maybe other weapons are overpowered. Maybe other people would be able to do better with them, and even prefer them if OP weapons weren’t so tempting. Even people who think those weapons may be OP and want the overall sandbox to be useful will opt to select those weapons because they’re not persistant enough to play at a slight disadvantage. Other players like it that way for the simplified playstyles and easier achievements.

Well yeah if you put it that way of course.
For example Reach had a quite impressively balanced sandbox and only tha DMR was ruining everything.
Wish they kept it like im beta with 12 shots and real bloom.

The thing is Reach was the last chance for such a sandbox and they blew it by gimping one weapon.

Because now with the secondary weapons people will have to accept that their favorite weapons(magnum/plasma pistol /boltshot) are simply worse than others, because they went ahead and made them “side arms”.

Really dumb IMO finally they bent and they made the “small” weapons “pistols”.
Plasma rifle anyone ?This is a fictional universe , the M6H should have stayed as much of a weapon as any other.

Automatic weapons suck? SMGs would like a word with you.

> <mark>We all know that the assault rifle (AR) has proven to be worth… well virtually nothing.</mark>

^^This made me laugh.

I hate the automatic weapons, especially AR. Im sticking to my precision and CQC weapons.

I would like Halo to move towards making the automatic weapons more effective at mid-range.

Hey ive only been saying this since Reach came out. Nice for people to notice.

If the AR and autos are better then hoorah. But personally im still worried about the DMR and all the new weapons. Some of them just look STUPID powerful. and also the fuel rod doesnt seem to have changed at all. still able to one shot players on foot and spam ground vehicles.

> I would like Halo to move towards making the automatic weapons more effective at mid-range.

Yeah I think that would be pretty good too.

cough saw.

Needler is also a power weapon now.

4’s AR cuts through fools like a knife through butter. I’ll be using it a lot.

Agreed, my friend. If you know how to use it, the AR beasts. It was, and still is, my favorite weapon, DMR or BR as a second. However, after 343 horribly nerfed it in comparison to the rest of the weapons in the TU, I’m reeaaally hoping for a better version than in TU, even though (thanks to getting accustomed to it over 4 games) I can still get a couple kills.

The AR is pretty good. In Campaign it cut through a Storm Elite like butter, and in MP it devastates at close range.