Halo 4 Assassinations dont work?

I dont know why but sometimes when I hold the melee button behind an enemy (Multiplayer) I just do a beatdown, not an assassination for some reason, does anyone else have this issue or am I just doing it wrong and im sure im not.

You have to hit them in the right spot. Like right on their back, not their sides.

Yeah but then how do I manage to get beat-downs because im pretty sure you have to be right behind them to do it.

go into a forge game and make an idle guest

try finding the good spot, and try assassinating your idle guest
just hold that button down hard if you don;t think it’s working

> I dont know why but sometimes when I hold the melee button behind an enemy (Multiplayer) I just do a beatdown, not an assassination for some reason, does anyone else have this issue or am I just doing it wrong and im sure im not.

Like someone else said you have to be Right behind them. Also I think you have to hold Right bumper or what ever melee is to do so.

I’ve noticed this too in some games. It doesn’t happen too often, but when it does… the rage that comes with it in certain times…

I actually went into a custom game with an idle guest and tried all kinds of different positions and it does actually not give you an assassination every now and then even when directly behind them, but it seems to happen a little more when your standing just slightly to the left or right and still clearly behind them.

You have to hold the button down. Same as in reach, but they extended the time you have to hold it by a fraction, because a lot of players see assassinations as a bad move, leaving you vulnerable. They look cool and get you points, but can get you killed.

I should have added that ever since assassinations have been introduced I hold the button down till the assassination is done so I can BS all I want when it doesn’t work :smiley:

I’m having problems too. Useto work fine. Now i very rarely hit it. Using stealth seems to be worse. Don’t get it

The real question is why assasinations where you dont go into the cinematic don’t count towards the commendation. The cinematic assasinations usually get you killed.

OP, I think you have to be directly behind the target for a special assassination. Beatdowns can be performed from any angle, so long as they hit the target’s back, but assassinations have a more specific animation, so they require you to be in a more specific position.

> The real question is why assasinations where you dont go into the cinematic don’t count towards the commendation. The cinematic assasinations usually get you killed.

As of Halo: Reach, melees to the back are Beatdowns and back-smacks with an animation are Assassinations. No animation, no assassination.

As much as I like assassinations the beat down is the better choice while in the middle of a battle ground. It allows you to move on to your next victim with minimum loss in time.

It always works for me, go right behind them.