Halo 4 Armour Unlocking through Acheivments?

I was recently thinking about how in Reach, players are always sporting their newly bought armour and never comming up with somthing origional, most of the time.

For instance, In halo 3, although there was fewer armour peices to collect, there was more diversity, because their armour meant somthing.
EVA was unlocked after compleating the game on Normal, Hyabusa for finding all the sculls, Security for getting all the acheivments.

People wore a certain armour because it showed to others what they had acheived in the game.

But in Reach, armour is earned by ranking up and earning cR, or basicaly ‘time spent in game’.
90% of the time, people a wearing the most exspencive armour they can afford, but it has no real meaning.

In a BTB game, half of the people General and above, are wearing Emile’s shoulders, Jorge’s chest, the robot helmet (?) with Incliment Weather.

Only once everybody has reached inheritor will we start seeing some true diversity amongst players.

I realy hope Halo 4 goes back to the Halo 3 style of unlocking armour.

I think there is going to be too much armor to do it all that way. I do wish that the Armor that you get from Waypoint is expanded that way you will get kinda what you are looking for. An armor combination that means a little something.

> I think there is going to be too much armor to do it all that way. I do wish that the Armor that you get from Waypoint is expanded that way you will get kinda what you are looking for. An armor combination that means a little something.

Thanks for pointing out the Waypoint Armour
CQB was my favorite helmet in Halo 3, and for it to be a helmet worn with pride in reach made my day.

Like beating Reach on legendary alone was no easy task. It would have been nice of Bungie to reward players with a little somthing more than just a few gamer score.

> > I think there is going to be too much armor to do it all that way. I do wish that the Armor that you get from Waypoint is expanded that way you will get kinda what you are looking for. An armor combination that means a little something.
>
> Thanks for pointing out the Waypoint Armour
> CQB was my favorite helmet in Halo 3, and for it to be a helmet worn with pride in reach made my day.
>
> Like beating Reach on legendary alone was no easy task. It would have been nice of Bungie to reward players with a little somthing more than just a few gamer score.

I totally agree. Hopefully next time we get more than 7 pieces that are “earned”.