Halo 4 armor canon question?

I’ve got a question about what Spartans actually wear in the Halo universe.

In Halo 4 Matchmaking, you see Spartans with armor pieces from different sets.

This means that a Spartan IV could have a Warrior helmet, Infiltrator shoulders, Wetwork visor, Mark VI legs, etc. These are all armor pieces from different armor sets. In the story, do Spartans actually mix and match armor pieces to create a unique look for themselves or do they just exclusively use pieces from one armor set? (e.g. wear all Recruit armor)

IMO I think in the actual Halo Universe, the different armour pieces would do different things. They may mix and match for each mission, but in-game its easier to give them a unique look as to not confuse us. < relating to Spartan Ops characters

Could be wrong but no harm trying ey (;

I don’t think that the Spartan IV’s mix-n-match armor but use the armor set’s like you see Majestic use.

its actually stated in the Limited edition Infinty guide for Thorne that spartans may request different armor for mission requirements in Deck (blah blah blah), but it is advised against choosing for purely cosmetic aesthesis. that is not verbatim.

Its totally cannon to have a totally Malibu Spartan.

> its actually stated in the Limited edition Infinty guide for Thorne that spartans may request different armor for mission requirements in Deck (blah blah blah), but it is advised against choosing for purely cosmetic aesthesis. that is not verbatim.

I have the Limited Edition too but have not really closely read what it comes with.

So you’re saying that some Spartans DO mix and match armor pieces into one suit?

Yes, its canon. In First Strike, the SIIs changed their armor for the upgrades. One got a motion tracker upgrade, one got a speed enhancement, another got visual enhancement, etc.

It would probably be similar with the SIVs

The Spartans of Noble Team had mixed armor. Remember Emile?