Halo 4 Anounced too early Too Early

Well I’m not saying the anouncement is a bad thing. It just seems a little too early. I mean a game coming out in 12/30/2012 anounced in Fall 2011 that bugs me a little. They anounce a badass game and get us all excited then by the way it comes out the end of 2012. That pissed me off. They should’ve anounced it Spring 2012. Well I guess they kinda had to anounce it this early so we didn’t think 343 was ending the series and disapoint us or lose Halo fans like me I’ve been played Halo since I was like 3. So it’s a good thing and a bad thing.

is that the official release date

No, people are just impatient. I can’t wait to see a new glimpse at the next halo but I want to give 343i all the time they need to do it. I am intrigued what 343i is capable of. I imagine Halo 4 has been in the works for a long time and I am sure it is going to be a new and exciting experience.

It’s a marketing tactic, announce something ridiculously early and then don’t give further information. People will go nuts trying to “analyze” every small scrap of information given. Once you get closer to release you start all sorts of hype for the product.

That better not be the actual release date. Releasing it four days after Christmas is a horrible move.

Actually, hardly any publishers/developers will release their games in December. One reason might be is that they want their game to release just in time for award season. I believe some award shows have a cut-off date in when to release their games in order to be nominated for an award.

It would shatter so many hearts if the next piece of Halo 4 news is that the game is going to be delayed into 2013. That would be wonderful wouldn’t it? trollface

> is that the official release date

It’s a placeholder, so no.

I thought so to. But the game was announced more in summer than spring. Also, 12/20/12 seems like a ridiculous date to release it.

> No, people are just impatient. I can’t wait to see a new glimpse at the next halo but I want to give 343i all the time they need to do it. I am intrigued what 343i is capable of. I imagine Halo 4 has been in the works for a long time and I am sure it is going to be a new and exciting experience.

This^. I would love to give 343 industries more time to enhance the game rather than pull a Reach on us! They are probably going in more depth than we know! I mean think about it, Halo 4 will be amazing! I mean they are a Microsoft owned company so they most likely will use the Xbox 360’s power to all of their use! Making it extremely amazing! give it time guys!

Halo 4 was announced at pretty much the exact same time every other Halo game was announced: a year and a half before releae.

the world ends 12/25/2012 so we wont get to play it

It’s not that they announced it too early, it’s that they’re not giving us any information to go off of at this point.

Halo 3 - Announced May 6th, 2006, Released Sept 25th 2007

Halo Reach - Announced June 2nd, 2009, Released Sept 14th, 2010

Halo 4 - Announced June 6th, 2011, Released Fall/Autumn/Winter 2012

How is it too early?

Announcing early allow them to gauge interest.

That’s not the official release date of Halo 4–no one knows the official release date yet. Halo 4 is also on schedule with previous Halo games at this point which is announce it at around a year and a half before the general release date and let information slowly trickle out.

1. its not coming 12/30/12
  2. Halo 2 was announced August 2002. Released November 2004.
  3. Halo 3 was announced May 2006. Released September 2007.
  4. Reach was annoucned June 2009. Released September 2010.

See there was really no difference and in the case of Halo 2, it was an even longer wait than Halo 4 will be.

> the world ends 12/25/2012 so we wont get to play it

The world doesn’t end on Christmas… jeez. If you’re still alive come Christmas next year then you know the world hasn’t ended.

Halo games have always been announced more than a year in advance. Although, I hope they don’t start to release the numbered games on a 2 year cycle.

Delaying information and trailers does not necessarily mean that it will increase hype in a positive light, the more they wait, the more people become eager and excited for information but it also runs a risk of disappointing people as well.