Halo 4 and ODST Armor

A big question be myself and pretty much all of the Halo 4 community that cares is why Halo 4 doesn’t offer the ODST Armor like Halo 3 and Halo Reach did. We all understand and realize that the ODST’s arn’t Spartans, but was it not one of the most popular armor configurations for those two games? Look at all the clans based on Halo now-a-days! 90% of the “real” legitimite clans have some sort of ODST squad, unit, branch, whatever. Every clan I have ever been in since Halo 3 has had an ODST unit. I find it very displeasing to not have the ODST armor available seeing it was a huge hit in the earlier Halo games. 343 has just released the “Forge Island” map for forging and such, but won’t add ODST armor? I love that armor and actually know a few people that have rid of Halo 4 because there is not the ODST. Many people have probably posted this same topic before me, but I didn’t have the time or want to look for those threads. I just would like some explanation on why the ODST armor isn’t available to the community, and if 343 might plan on adding it as some sort of free download or something. Thank you, and I hope to see a bright future for the community. I love Halo 4 as is, and I am not complaining here, but would just like to know if there was a discussion on not adding it, and if 343 plans on adding it back to the game.

Thank You!

Sincerely:
Alex C.

I miss ODST armour as well since it’s my favourite armour. I was pretty disappointed at launch.

I agree.

I really miss the ODST armor, and so do hundreds (or maybe even thousands) of people miss the armor as well. I always stuck with the full-ODST armor suit in Halo 3, Reach, and CEA, and to see it gone in Halo 4 is a major disappointment.

Sure, ODST armor isn’t in the armory. But there is barely even a SINGLE MENTION about anything about ODST’s in the entire game.

Recruit and Air Assault look slightly like ODST, but it’s still not . . . ODST.

Hopefully, the SMG, Silenced Pistol and the ODST armor returns in future Halo titles. ODST’s FTW!!

It couldn’t be any better than that my friend! It would be amazing if 343 would add back the like 2nd most popular armor in the Halo franchise… (1st is MK 6)

I would love ODST back. I really enjoyed the ODSTs and I was very happy to see the full ODST set of armor perms.

And, I know this thread isn’t directly about Forge Island, I want to say this since you brought it up. It’s good, but did anyone else expect actual islands instead of flat-top sea stacks? That’s pretty much what they are.

343 removed a few of the classic armor like ODST, Mk5 and CQB.
At launch I was very disappointed that there is no CQB and like ODST there was no reason to remove it.

However I can understand why Mk5 is gone because its outdated in the halo universe but CQB and ODST were still up to date.

Just have to wait until H5 to see these classics back.

I agree completely good sir. I miss the ODST Armour alot. It’s what I wore in Reach and what I want to wear in Halo 4 as well. It’s a real shame it’s not in the game, maybe if enough people speak out to 343i we can possibly get the ODST armour as a free (hopefully) DLC.

I would love to see ODST return as well. From the day I got it in H3, I never removed it. Same with Reach.

I hadn’t realized how popular it was until they took it away from us.

In the mean time-

Head- Recruit
Chest- Orbital
Shoulders- Orbital
Arms- Recruit
Legs- Recruit
Visor- Recruit

Primary Color- Steel
Secondary Color- Whatever

:3

Orbital and Recruit mixed is a fairly close match. The Recruit helmet is pretty much exactly the same as ODST except for a slight difference in the visor shape.

Well, the Recruit helmet is similar, and IMO is very $exy.

Yeah, ODST needs to return!

See?

<<<<<

I think that looks pretty good.

Visors like Legendary and Frost could work too.

> It couldn’t be any better than that my friend! It would be amazing if 343 would add back the like 2nd most popular armor in the Halo franchise… (1st is MK 5)

FTFY

This is Bungie’s fault. Don’t blame 343i for getting rid of ODST when Bungie established the canon in Reach.

“The MJOLNIR/AA variant was developed as an improvement of the venerable ODST helmet.” Air Assault description, Halo Reach

In Halo 4, Air Assault is in, but not ODST. Why? Because Bungie established this canon where Air Assault is the better version of ODST. Why would you not use the upgraded, better version of ODST in combat?

That’s why ODST’s not in.

And besides, Recruit looks pretty darn close to ODST.

> This is Bungie’s fault. Don’t blame 343i for getting rid of ODST when Bungie established the canon in Reach.
>
> “The MJOLNIR/AA variant was developed as an improvement of the venerable ODST helmet.” Air Assault description, Halo Reach

And then from the Fall of Reach all the way through to the end of Halo 3, ODSTs were using ODST helmets…

I would wager that there is no ODST armor because:

• We are Spartan IV’s, not ODST
  • As above, Canon applies for multiplayer and campaign
  • ODSTs have likely been phased out with the official introduction of the Spartan branch of the UNSC.

> > This is Bungie’s fault. Don’t blame 343i for getting rid of ODST when Bungie established the canon in Reach.
> >
> > “The MJOLNIR/AA variant was developed as an improvement of the venerable ODST helmet.” Air Assault description, Halo Reach
>
> <mark>And then from the Fall of Reach all the way through to the end of Halo 3, ODSTs were using ODST helmets…</mark>
>
> I would wager that there is no ODST armor because:
> - We are Spartan IV’s, not ODST
> - As above, Canon applies for multiplayer and campaign
> - ODSTs have likely been phased out with the official introduction of the Spartan branch of the UNSC.

Air Assault helmets are made for Spartans and since it’s improved, it’s also could be more expensive than a simple ODST helmet.

Nobody said, the helmets used in H3 and H3 ODST are completely new.
We also saw some ODST helmets in H3’s Landfall trailer, they are lying on tables and seems to be poorly painted.

> Air Assault helmets are made for Spartans and since it’s improved, it’s also could be more expensive than a simple ODST helmet.

Aye, I was more passively criticizing the notion that Halo Reach made ODST helmets obsolete because of the description for the Air Assault helmet.

Its 343’s to do with as they please. Personally, I don’t let something as trivial as how armor an armor looks affect my experience.

I’m pretty sure because any ODST’s became Spartans. I mean obviously spartans don’t even exist.
And lets be honest, ODST’s were lame. They died just as fast as marines in any halo campaign. It was only cool to play as them in halo ODST, but other then that, they kind of stunk.

I would much rather be an ODST turned spartan 4 rather be an ODST, and stuck with old armor.