Halo 4 and Kinect

Any ideas on what role kinect should play in Halo 4? I think it could be used in very cools ways on forge mode.

Hopefully it will NEVER have a role in Halo, no matter which game (the CEA Library should have been available to everyone IMO)

I was so against the idea of Kinect for H:CE:A… and then I sat down and played it with Kinect and my opinion did a complete 180. I think the main reason why is I realized that the kinect-only features weren’t integral to the experience but added a nice extra something to it. The voice commands and the analyse mode NEED to come back for Halo 4.

Microsoft will make 343 put kinect features in the game to sell the hardware.

> I was so against the idea of Kinect for H:CE:A… and then I sat down and played it with Kinect and my opinion did a complete 180. I think the main reason why is I realized that the kinect-only features weren’t integral to the experience but added a nice extra something to it. The voice commands and the analyse mode NEED to come back for Halo 4.

They also need to map the Analyze feature to the d-pad as a addition to the HUD like VISR was. Hell, just copy Metroid Prime.

Kinect should simply be an alternative to the traditional gamepad. There should be no Kinect exclusive features other than motion controls and voice commands.

> Kinect should simply be an alternative to the traditional gamepad. There should be no Kinect exclusive features other than <mark>motion controls</mark> and voice commands.

Oh god…t-bagging.

> > Kinect should simply be an alternative to the traditional gamepad. There should be no Kinect exclusive features other than <mark>motion controls</mark> and voice commands.
>
> Oh god…t-bagging.

Don’t act like you wouldn’t enjoy it.

> > > Kinect should simply be an alternative to the traditional gamepad. There should be no Kinect exclusive features other than <mark>motion controls</mark> and voice commands.
> >
> > Oh god…t-bagging.
>
> Don’t act like you wouldn’t enjoy it.

Wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end.

> > > > Kinect should simply be an alternative to the traditional gamepad. There should be no Kinect exclusive features other than <mark>motion controls</mark> and voice commands.
> > >
> > > Oh god…t-bagging.
> >
> > Don’t act like you wouldn’t enjoy it.
>
> Wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end.

That just gave me the most disturbing image. Thanks for that.

> > > > Kinect should simply be an alternative to the traditional gamepad. There should be no Kinect exclusive features other than <mark>motion controls</mark> and voice commands.
> > >
> > > Oh god…t-bagging.
> >
> > Don’t act like you wouldn’t enjoy it.
>
> Wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end.

Wouldn’t want to be the guy that accidentally walks in the room either…

> I was so against the idea of Kinect for H:CE:A… and then I sat down and played it with Kinect and my opinion did a complete 180. I think the main reason why is I realized that the kinect-only features weren’t integral to the experience but added a nice extra something to it. The voice commands and the analyse mode NEED to come back for Halo 4.

agreed

In a game like Halo, Kinect only has a place in non-essential areas. The Library in CEA was a perfect example. I also think to Mass Effect 3. You can say “Liara: singularity,” and said action will be performed. Of course you can also achieve this the ME1 or ME2 ways. Little enhancements are fine, but mandatory areas are a no-go for me. And for the love of God, DON’T tie achievements to Kinect exclusives. I know Microsoft will be shoving Kinect down your throats, 343i, but please, do us a service and keep it optional.

> Hopefully it will NEVER have a role in Halo, no matter which game (the CEA Library should have been available to everyone IMO)

Especially not for Forge. Kinect should go back to where it came from… Nintendo.

I agree with you too. It was way fun to use the kinect for once :slight_smile: