Halo 4 Ancient Enemy

What could this new ancient threat be, that they mentioned about Halo 4? Could it be the Forerunners who survived on that Legendary Planet? Could it be Percursers who came before? Or could be something we have never heard or seen before?

I hope it’s something new.

They could be talking about the Flood.

> They could be talking about the Flood.

Most likely explanation so far, although I really hope it isn’t.

Neanderthals?!

> > They could be talking about the Flood.
>
> Most likely explanation so far, although I really hope it isn’t.

While we probably will see a new enemy appear in Halo 4, I think that the flood will be making an appearance at least somewhere in the next trilogy.

I hope Halo 4 doesn’t turn into another Red Faction: Armageddon.

I thought I read somewhere that it was the remnants of the Covenant. I hope not, the Covenant and Flood are getting old.

I am kinda hoping they are referring to a new threat–something we haven’t experienced yet. At the same time, I hope the Flood returns. I love them! And heck, if this is a “Halo” game, it likely will include the Flood. The Flood are central to the purpose of the Halo array. :slight_smile:

I’m not too familiar with Forerunner/Pre-cursor backround, so somebody correct me if need be, but I think the Caveat might be a factor.

Well when you get woken up in a hurry like that, sometimes you forget things. That’s the reason why the codpiece is gone. :wink:

For all we know it could be a new threat that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

The Covenant is still going, their are still patches of Covenant resistance such as Brutes and rogue Elites, grunts, hunters, and jackals. We may also be seeing a new enemy since the Halo 4 description on this sight says that MC will battle an ancient evil threat, but I don’t know if this is referring to the flood or not so we’ll have to see.

> Well when you get woken up in a hurry like that, sometimes you forget things. That’s the reason why the codpiece is gone. :wink:
>
> For all we know it could be a new threat that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Chief uses an athletic cup under his armor where his codpiece used to be.

If you watch the trailer in HD you can see that the Chiefs chestpiece has a scratch on it, just like in Halo 3. Just because the aesthetics have changed doesn’t mean it’s new armor. I do hope it was just artistic license though, I didn’t like the looks of the armor at all.

I speculate that the new threat may be an old one, that is a Forerunner threat, maybe a group of forerunners that refuse to sacrifice themselves to save other species, out for revenge on the “weaker” species. Of course this may be far from right but this is simply a speculation thread.

Could you imagine fighting the ultimate species of the universe?

I also wonder how long Chief was in Cryo until he woke up?

At least 4 years, as in Origins it was 2556.

Forerunners are out becuase they are not ancient, new, evil, or a threat to the universe

Precusors?

Flood for sure, but something else too.