Halo 4: All grown up

Now Halo has been going for over 10 years, do you think that Halo 4 should also get a little more mature in some ways? I’m talking mainly about the things marines say. “(Get up so I can kill you again!)”

Halo’s not mature eneough? Better drink my own piss!

OT: I disagree. I think it’s that kind of almost childlike whimsy admist all the carnage that’s part of Halo’s soul. It’s what helps differentiate it from every other “Space Marine” game.

I like the fact that Halo touches on some darker deeper themes, but still maintains being “just killing aliens” for all the concerned mothers out there. I have been playing halo with my brother since I was 15 and he was 6. We still make it a point to run through every halo on launch day.

The not too serious atmosphere what Halo games have are what I like, so I say Halo 4-7 doesn’t need to be more serious. At least, not in dialogue. Turning the singleplayer into more serious style could fade the unique atmosphere away and give nothing better in return.

> The not too serious atmosphere what Halo games have are what I like, so I say Halo 4-7 doesn’t need to be more serious. At least, not in dialogue. Turning the singleplayer into more serious style could fade the unique atmosphere away and give nothing better in return.

Halo 7? Now thats just ridiculous.

> > The not too serious atmosphere what Halo games have are what I like, so I say Halo 4-7 doesn’t need to be more serious. At least, not in dialogue. Turning the singleplayer into more serious style could fade the unique atmosphere away and give nothing better in return.
>
> Halo 7? Now thats just ridiculous.

13 years later “HALO 14 THAT IS RIDICULOUS!”

> The not too serious atmosphere what Halo games have are what I like, so I say Halo 4-7 doesn’t need to be more serious. At least, not in dialogue. Turning the singleplayer into more serious style could fade the unique atmosphere away and give nothing better in return.

I feel like the Halo trilogy’s humor and light atmosphere at times is reflective of Bungie’s work atmosphere they seem like a bunch of jokesters in some of their vidocs. I am pretty sure they had some guy mooning the camera in their O’Brave new World vidoc lol and on their website one of their goals reads “Achieve World Domination”. We shall see if 343’s personalities or style reflect in their games like Bungie’s did.

> > > The not too serious atmosphere what Halo games have are what I like, so I say Halo 4-7 doesn’t need to be more serious. At least, not in dialogue. Turning the singleplayer into more serious style could fade the unique atmosphere away and give nothing better in return.
> >
> > Halo 7? Now thats just ridiculous.
>
> 13 years later “HALO 14 THAT IS RIDICULOUS!”

Halo will end with 6.

> Halo will end with 6.

Don’t you know that Halo is only a triology… oh wait.

> > > > The not too serious atmosphere what Halo games have are what I like, so I say Halo 4-7 doesn’t need to be more serious. At least, not in dialogue. Turning the singleplayer into more serious style could fade the unique atmosphere away and give nothing better in return.
> > >
> > > Halo 7? Now thats just ridiculous.
> >
> > 13 years later “HALO 14 THAT IS RIDICULOUS!”
>
> Halo will end with 6.

They have only announced the next trilogy for halo with the master chief. There are plenty of spin offs they can make like halo reach and ODST that they obviously haven’t announced yet. Or maybe they’ll start a new trilogy after halo 6 with a new main character.

I like the colorful, cartoony graphics, the hilarious lines, and the grunts being there for comic relief. It adds to the experience. Anyway reach kind of attempted to be more mature and it took away from the game in my opinion.

I like the way Halo is, although I would like to see destructable environments and maybe limbs that fly off when you use weapons like Grenades, Rocket Launchers, etc. I think it would be nasty to stick someone with a Plasma nade and watch them get blown to pieces from it. It’s not really necessary, though.

Not gonna lie, I would love to see the marines talk some sh*t.

Only thing that can make Halo more realistic is aiming down your sights and lack of aliens…oh wait…

I agree, maybe some more gore and more realistic marines. Not just a little blood spatter , more blood and actual damage to a spartan’s armor.