Halo 4 Air Superiority in MM

Here is a fun suggestion:

How about including MatchMaking gametypes in which the only way to get around is through an air vehicle? Like you spawn on an island in the sky or something similar and you have to play the game through air combat? Lately I’ve noticed a lack in air combat in Reach and even in Halo 3.

Imagine 8 banshee’s having dog fights in the air all at once, or a mix of Falcons. Include an objective into this or make an Invasion map around it and there is some more fun.

Kind of like Air Superiority from battlefield just Haloized.

> Here is a fun suggestion:
>
> How about including MatchMaking gametypes in which the only way to get around is through an air vehicle? Like you spawn on an island in the sky or something similar and you have to play the game through air combat? Lately I’ve noticed a lack in air combat in Reach and even in Halo 3.
>
> Imagine 8 banshee’s having dog fights in the air all at once, or a mix of Falcons. Include an objective into this or make an Invasion map around it and there is some more fun.
>
> Kind of like Air Superiority from battlefield just Haloized.

well dude the halo games never really had much air battles and i like it that way good ol foot soldiers

OP is right, Halo capitalizes on evolved combat, and what could be more dominant that air cavalry? I think a fly-centric map would be awesome. More avionic vehicles would be great too, like a large slow-moving yacht or nimble fighters.

One phrase: Space Combat multiplayer.

They had to cut it from Reach…

I think Halo should have bigger maps with more players and more vehicles. The new BTB aught to be something like 12 on 12 on Battlefield-scale maps. With a “Classic BTB” playlist being only 8v8

> One phrase: Space Combat multiplayer.
>
> They had to cut it from Reach…

i agree with that i was pissed when i found out that they were planning that i remember how awsome halo scratch that i remember how much awsomer halo 2 should have been but they cut so much from it and halo 3 as well but with reach i was really looking forward to a star wars battlefront kinda thing that would be awsome they need to do that in halo 4

Replying to Post #6

Well I’ve brought that up before and the problem is that the regular weapons (excluding the sniper and DMR) in Reach arn’t accurate enough to handle the range, so the only way to progress is vehicles, now that isn’t a problem except some people like to play as infintry even in BTB. Even in Halo 3 the BR is generally too unaccurate to hit a target at a large range. So unless every weapon got a large scope or players “magically” began to aim down their sights than this wouldn’t work to well.

I personally would love large scale maps and 12v12.

> Well I’ve brought that up before and the problem is that the regular weapons (excluding the sniper and DMR) in Reach arn’t accurate enough to handle the range, so the only way to progress is vehicles, now that isn’t a problem except some people like to play as infintry even in BTB. Even in Halo 3 the BR is generally too unaccurate to hit a target at a large range. So unless every weapon got a large scope or players “magically” began to aim down their sights than this wouldn’t work to well.
>
> I personally would love large scale maps and 12v12.

or go mag style 200 something lol

If map sizes were expanded, being out of range would actually be a good thing. What would be the point of map movement if you could hit a target from anywhere on the map? You don’t need bigger scopes, buy you do need to find a better fire position. This movement is either supported or prevented by aircraft.

Seeing distant combat is what gets you moving. So what’s the point if you can just sit back and take pot shots at smudges in the distance? Battles need ebb and flow.

> If map sizes were expanded, being out of range would actually be a good thing. What would be the point of map movement if you could hit a target from anywhere on the map? You don’t need bigger scopes, buy you do need to find a better fire position. This movement is either supported or prevented by aircraft.
>
> Seeing distant combat is what gets you moving. So what’s the point if you can just sit back and take pot shots at smudges in the distance? Battles need ebb and flow.

Good point sir.

Bring back Gephyrophobia. (Halo 1 PC map)