Halo 4 Advertising

Many doubt halo will ever come back from its past but i say no.

The problem is about advertising. The game is only well known in the gaming community as now most people hear COD COD and people not in this community and a vast majority only hear COD.

The question for Halo is to start getting the name out there among the normal public. Advertise to the casual audience on normal shows that are watched everyday.

Also the advertising should be done early on. Not a huge paid one but a simple one that can be placed on many channels and played many times. It will get people to notice it.

Halo has to come out and needs some serious advertising business not on spike or special events but everyday things. Including news and normal weakly shows. Yeah it sounds stupid but it pushes the name into the heads of the audience and thus they whenever thinking of a game to buy will hear of this name.

Tell them to preorder it enough times and it will be ingrained and they will do it. a certain population. Also it will drown out all the other games advertising.

Should start 2-4 weaks before launch and new trailers 2 weaks before, and a new one 1 week before. Keep things fresh.

Also advertise free xbox live for preorder for 2 months. More people will gobble it up.

And anyone who says Halo is dead are overreacting but are close. Halo is injured, an injured animal. And an injured animal is the most dangerous enemies as they can do anything.

All the enemy have done are injure halo but not take its head of when they could. So halo has a chance to come back with a vengence, like Apple did after they disappeared for a couple years.

Anyway the final point is 343 needs to be able to make a perfect marketing plan that will get halo back on top or at least make a huge dent in COD like MW2 did to Halo 3.

With microsoft behind us anything is possible!

I agree that Halo 4 should have tons of marketing for it.

I would argue that Halo is fairly well known outside of the core gaming community. While it may not be as big as the Call of Duty awareness, I know plenty of people who are aware of Halo but don’t play it. The biggest reason that Call of Duty is so popular is because its online gameplay is really easy to get into immediately and do well. Not so much with newcomers with Halo who are most likely to get crushed.

> I would argue that Halo is fairly well known outside of the core gaming community. While it may not be as big as the Call of Duty awareness, I know plenty of people who are aware of Halo but don’t play it. The biggest reason that Call of Duty is so popular is because its online gameplay is really easy to get into immediately and do well. Not so much with newcomers with Halo who are most likely to get crushed.

Which is a sad commentary on the modern gaming world. I don’t mind casuals–I’m one myself–but it annoys me when a game that has three times the time and effort put into it to make it better quality–skilled games–get shunned by the unskilled population.

Its gotten to the point where games like CoD, factory games churned out for profit with little innovation but very easy to work with, are dominating the industry, while games like Halo and Quake, well built games, are cast aside. The fruits of their labors are in a way actually driving down the rewards. The better the quality, the more likely they’ll get cast aside.

Therefore, OP is right: Halo 4 needs more marketing.

Another thing that i thought of was maybe giveaways.

For example first people in each store gets an ODST helmet and in select few stores there are 5 ODST helmets for first five cutomers.

Also in select fewer stores first one in gets an ODST armour.

Hope the helmet actually has some cool gadgets in it.

Also i hope the armor feels authentic.

Still they should give things out that will get people interested in it.

> Another thing that i thought of was maybe giveaways.
>
> For example first people in each store gets an ODST helmet and in select few stores there are 5 ODST helmets for first five cutomers.
>
> Also in select fewer stores first one in gets an ODST armour.
>
> Hope the helmet actually has some cool gadgets in it.
>
> Also i hope the armor feels authentic.
>
> Still they should give things out that will get people interested in it.

Are you talking about an actual, real-life, wearable ODST costume? That would be Amazing LOL!

It’d cost them a few million though so I can’t imagine we’ll see it, but good man for thinking big. :smiley:

Advertising alone isn’t enough. It isn’t a cross-platform game, and the gameplay and setting simply aren’t the current popular trend for shooters.

On the Xbox alone it could be reborn. This game can increase the player population for xbox.

Also who said it is not the current trend, its just that most people have COD in their mind and are buying it because most people just go and buy COD and these people are their friends who know other games but think of COD when they hear of a new game.

Trend is not the problem. Ever considered how actions that were frowned upon in the past were advertised after enough time to make these actions normal and popular. Advertising can sway the public and it is worth alot.

I’ve said this before and I will say it again. Advertisement sells games. Amazing advertisement MADE me buy Battle Field 3!

I concur. Halo 4 needs more people than Reach has.

> > Another thing that i thought of was maybe giveaways.
> >
> > For example first people in each store gets an ODST helmet and in select few stores there are 5 ODST helmets for first five cutomers.
> >
> > Also in select fewer stores first one in gets an ODST armour.
> >
> > Hope the helmet actually has some cool gadgets in it.
> >
> > Also i hope the armor feels authentic.
> >
> > Still they should give things out that will get people interested in it.
>
> Are you talking about an actual, real-life, wearable ODST costume? That would be Amazing LOL!
>
> It’d cost them a few million though so I can’t imagine we’ll see it, but good man for thinking big. :smiley:

Actually they could give the ones used in the ODST live action trailers.

They have a couple already and it would be worth alot.

> > > Another thing that i thought of was maybe giveaways.
> > >
> > > For example first people in each store gets an ODST helmet and in select few stores there are 5 ODST helmets for first five cutomers.
> > >
> > > Also in select fewer stores first one in gets an ODST armour.
> > >
> > > Hope the helmet actually has some cool gadgets in it.
> > >
> > > Also i hope the armor feels authentic.
> > >
> > > Still they should give things out that will get people interested in it.
> >
> > Are you talking about an actual, real-life, wearable ODST costume? That would be Amazing LOL!
> >
> > It’d cost them a few million though so I can’t imagine we’ll see it, but good man for thinking big. :smiley:
>
> Actually they could give the ones used in the ODST live action trailers.
>
> They have a couple already and it would be worth alot.

Also i think the odst helmets and armour should be given out to those who buy the legendary edition.

Also little things could be given as freebees to people who buy just the game and extra awesome stuff for people who buy the more expensive editions

I think the key is to release Halo 4 AFTER CoD, most people are casual gamers who just go from game to game playing the next best thing.

> I think the key is to release Halo 4 AFTER CoD, most people are casual gamers who just go from game to game playing the next best thing.

So if Halo 4 were the last big game of the season, what would most people be playing for the next few months?

I would like a return of Halo Game Fuel.

As far as I’m concerned, Microsoft is very good at advertising their games and products. Their intense 360 marketing is one of the reasons why the 360 is so successful. However, I was surprised that Microsoft has done very little in advertising Halo CEA. I know its a remake, but it is Halo and it will need advertising if it is to compete with MW3 and BF3.

I’m hoping Halo 4 will have a big campaign.

Injured animals… Kind of can’t do -Yoink- bro.

Halo 4 posters on bus’ and in the tube stations like they have the MW3 and BF3 posters. Also they need to advertise in many countries as they mainly only focus on advertising in the US of A.

introduce halo into new untouched markets and trust me there are many untouched markets.

They need to do something like Gears of War (mad world).