Halo 4 Achievement Breakdown

Not breakdown as in one by one, but categories. It also depends on whether or not H4 has Firefight.

I’m suggesting 55 Achievements.

25 Campaign:

• 1 per mission (10-15 missions) (I’ll use 12 for my example)
    -1 per difficulty (Normal, Heroic, Legendary, NO Easy)
  • 1 Solo Legendary
  • 8 Skulls
  • 2 Random (Eg: ODST’s “Trading Down” achievement)

13 Matchmaking:

• 8 Medals
  • 3 Games (Winning, Playing)
  • 2 Kills (Total, In one game)

11 Firefight:

• 9 Map Specific (Points on specific maps)
  • 2 Vehicle (One destroy vehicles, one for kills with a vehicle)

5 Customs/ Randoms:

• 2 Forge (Like H3’s “Tank Dropper” achievement)
  • 3 Randoms (Random as in can be done in any game more, similar to Reach’s daily challenges of kill 180 enemies in any game mode)

Okay, maybe a more in-depth breakdown than I thought :stuck_out_tongue:

What are your thoughts? How many achievements do you want to see? For what? How many per category?

I encorporated some of your guys ideas into my post. I hope you don’t mind :slight_smile: I will try to compile a list of what is wanted. Kind of average it out. It’ll end up a bit biased, but I’ll do my best to avoid it.

Just too many multiplayer achievements, unless there isn’t another 2 for 1 or get this map get a perfection achievements or any ridiculous ones like that, I couldn’t care less about having a lot of online. But as you describe there were no map specific but, not as many medal ones.

I was thinking medals like, Get 2 Flag Captured medals in one game. No map specifics either.

Here is my breakdown.

Campaign:

-1 for each campaign mission completed on normal or higher
-1 for completing the campaign on legendary
-1 for completing campaign on legendary solo
-1 mission specific achievement for completing a specific task e.g. complete the second mission without stepping foot in a drivable vehicle (Halo Reach Achievement) but much more tricky and creative.
-Find all skulls throughout the campaign (Don’t have one for finding 3 and one for finding 8 and so on because people will just use the internet to get easy achievements)

Matchmaking (Multiplayer and firefight):

-No map specific achievements
-Can be anything except those pointless “Get 10 kills with [whatever weapon]” and super medals e.g. Extermination, Perfection.

Firefight (Non-Matchmaking):

-Play a game of firefight for 1 hour with at least [Non AFK amount of score here] points
-Dont have any point related achievements (Reason is obvious)

Custom Games:

-Host a full match with 16 players
-Play Custom Games for a total of [5-10] hours with at least 2 people (Not in 1 match of course)

Forge:

-Your map is downloaded 100 times
-[Something creative goes here]

Theatre:

-Your film is downloaded 100 times
-Your picture is downloaded 100 times
-[Something creative goes here]

Any:

-Cant think of anything

What do you think?

My Breakdown:

20 Campaign:

• 1 per mission (I’ll stick to 9 since that seems to be the current norm).
  • Collect all skulls (honestly, once achievement per skull is a waste of potential achievements)
  • Make the Warthog run in under X:XX (or something like this)
  • 4 Difficulty (Normal, Heroic, Legendary, Mythic)
  • 5 Vidmasters (play the game without firing a weapon, beat X level on Mythic, etc)

12 Matchmaking:

• Get a kill with each weapon
  • 8 Get X medal (much like the “Overkill” or “Killing Frenzy” achievements in Halo 3. Not too challenging, but a real reward if earned)
  • 3 rank specific achievements

11 Firefight (note, all would have to be done either online or with a specific game mode):

• 9 point related (assuming 9 FF maps. These would be like the ODST firefight achievements)
  • Pacifist (get through a set without killing a single enemy)
  • Get a Hero Medal

6 Others:

• Get all Commendations to silver rank (Campaign, Multiplayer, FF,)
  • Max out all Commendations
  • Complete a weekly challenge (hopefully, if these return, they will be a bit more challenge worthy)
  • 3 More needed

So yeah, my ideas.

Yes to the skulls! Reach was pathetic on how they didn’t have much to do in the campaign. Completely pathetic.
But PLEASE no achievement for jumping off a ledge and assassinating an elite to survive a fall. Biggest bullshite EVER. Cant stand how it wont work for me.

> Yes to the skulls! Reach was pathetic on how they didn’t have much to do in the campaign. Completely pathetic.
> But PLEASE no achievement for jumping off a ledge and assassinating an elite to survive a fall. Biggest bullshite EVER. Cant stand how it wont work for me.

This.

> > Yes to the skulls! Reach was pathetic on how they didn’t have much to do in the campaign. Completely pathetic.
> > But PLEASE no achievement for jumping off a ledge and assassinating an elite to survive a fall. Biggest bullshite EVER. Cant stand how it wont work for me.
>
> This.

At least it was a challenging achievement.

> Forge:
>
> -Your map is downloaded 100 times
> -[Something creative goes here]
>
> Theatre:
>
> -Your film is downloaded 100 times
> -Your picture is downloaded 100 times
>
> Any:
>
> -Cant think of anything
>
> What do you think?

Sounds more like avatar awards than acheivements but the rest on your list sounds good

my breakdown:

press start at the main menu (like on the simpson’s game) - 1000G

no but seriously you put alot of thought into that and that is a good formula to use

> Here is my breakdown.
>
> Campaign:
>
> -1 for each campaign mission completed on normal or higher
> -1 for completing the campaign on legendary
> -1 for completing campaign on legendary solo
> -1 mission specific achievement for completing a specific task e.g. complete the second mission without stepping foot in a drivable vehicle (Halo Reach Achievement) but much more tricky and creative.
> -Find all skulls throughout the campaign (Don’t have one for finding 3 and one for finding 8 and so on because people will just use the internet to get easy achievements)
>
> Matchmaking (Multiplayer and firefight):
>
> -No map specific achievements
> -Can be anything except those pointless “Get 10 kills with [whatever weapon]” and super medals e.g. Extermination, Perfection.
>
> Firefight (Non-Matchmaking):
>
> -Play a game of firefight for 1 hour with at least [Non AFK amount of score here] points
> -Dont have any point related achievements (Reason is obvious)
>
> Custom Games:
>
> -Host a full match with 16 players
> -Play Custom Games for a total of [5-10] hours with at least 2 people (Not in 1 match of course)
>
>
> Forge:
>
> -Your map is downloaded 100 times
>
> Theatre:
>
> -Your film is downloaded 100 times
> -Your picture is downloaded 100 times
>
> Any:
>
> -Cant think of anything
>
> What do you think?

Oh right, I forgot difficulty specific achievements for Campaign. A few from the "Randoms category I had could fall as those.

I was thinking MM medals like the ones Reach got from the Map Packs. Things like Candy From A Baby and Return To Sender.

As for Firefight, I was thinking set amounts of points, except it should be either A) In Default Firefight only, or B) Online Firefight (FF Matchmaking).

I like the Forge and Customs ideas.

> My Breakdown:
>
> 20 Campaign:
> - 1 per mission (I’ll stick to 9 since that seems to be the current norm).
> - Collect all skulls (honestly, once achievement per skull is a waste of potential achievements)
> - Make the Warthog run in under X:XX (or something like this)
> - 4 Difficulty (Normal, Heroic, Legendary, Mythic)
> - 5 Vidmasters (play the game without firing a weapon, beat X level on Mythic, etc)
>
> 12 Matchmaking:
> - Get a kill with each weapon
> - 8 Get X medal (much like the “Overkill” or “Killing Frenzy” achievements in Halo 3. Not too challenging, but a real reward if earned)
> - 3 rank specific achievements
>
> 11 Firefight (note, all would have to be done either online or with a specific game mode):
> - 9 point related (assuming 9 FF maps. These would be like the ODST firefight achievements)
> - Pacifist (get through a set without killing a single enemy)
> - Get a Hero Medal
>
> 6 Others:
> - Get all Commendations to silver rank (Campaign, Multiplayer, FF,)
> - Max out all Commendations
> - Complete a weekly challenge (hopefully, if these return, they will be a bit more challenge worthy)
> - 3 More needed
>
> So yeah, my ideas.

I was thinking skull achievements like Halo 3. 8 isn’t that many either. There could always be more than 55 achievements if they need that many. I think finding each skull and getting an achievement would be more satisfying then collecting all of them and not getting an achievement until the last one.

Silver skulls could again be found, but there would be no achievement for them.

I encorporated some of your guys ideas into my post. I hope you don’t mind :slight_smile: I will try to compile a list of what is wanted. Kind of average it out. It’ll end up a bit biased, but I’ll do my best to avoid it.

Here’s an idea:

NO MULTIPLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS.

Just make really good, really difficult coughVidmasterscough Campaign/Firefight achievements, because those aren’t dependent on random variables. Maybe they could throw in an “Earn X credits” or “Purchase X number of Armor”, but nothing that requires something as specific as “Run someone back to your base in a mongoose while they have a flag in Big Team CTF, but only on this map, and only on this day, and you only have five minutes to do this because it’s funny.”

No multiplayer medals whatsoever. Firefight and Campaign/Co-op only. Most people who buy this game are going to play the multiplayer regardless, and the hardcore/those who enjoy the game will stay. No achievements needed.

> I was thinking skull achievements like Halo 3. 8 isn’t that many either. There could always be more than 55 achievements if they need that many. I think finding each skull and getting an achievement would be more satisfying then collecting all of them and not getting an achievement until the last one.
>
> Silver skulls could again be found, but there would be no achievement for them.

Well, that’s were we differ. Whenever I go through Halo 3’s campaign, I still find the skulls just for the fun of it (hell, all my friends do. It’s just fun). And honestly, as I said before, having one for each is a waste of potentially awesome achievements.

Also, I don’t think a game is allowed to have more than 50 achievements at launch. I may be wrong.

Yeah, no Multiplayer achievements. Those achievements can usually be boosted and some of which are difficult to obtain (like the Perfection achievement in Halo 3).

I wouldn’t mind Multiplayer achievements that require you to obtain a certain rank, as those aren’t very difficult, and the only way to get them is to just play.

> Yeah, no Multiplayer achievements. Those achievements can usually be boosted and some of which are difficult to obtain (like the Perfection achievement in Halo 3).
>
> I wouldn’t mind Multiplayer achievements that require you to obtain a certain rank, as those aren’t very difficult, and the only way to get them is to just play.

No, just no. Easy achievements cheapen a game. When I read through Halo Reach’s achievements, and I saw there was one for uploading a file to your file share, instant facepalm.

Achievements like that are a waste and cheapen the overall experience. Now, ODST had some wonderful achievements like “Be Like Marty” or “Good Samaritan”. It encouraged players to play the game in a different way. More achievements like that are needed, come Halo 4 (or even Halo CEA).

> Yeah, no Multiplayer achievements. Those achievements can usually be boosted and some of which are difficult to obtain (like the Perfection achievement in Halo 3).
>
> I wouldn’t mind Multiplayer achievements that require you to obtain a certain rank, as those aren’t very difficult, and the only way to get them is to just play.

Definetly not easy achievements. They aren’t supposed to be free gamerscore.

> Here’s an idea:
>
> NO MULTIPLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS.
>
> Just make really good, really difficult coughVidmasterscough Campaign/Firefight achievements, because those aren’t dependent on random variables. Maybe they could throw in an “Earn X credits” or “Purchase X number of Armor”, but nothing that requires something as specific as “Run someone back to your base in a mongoose while they have a flag in Big Team CTF, but only on this map, and only on this day, and you only have five minutes to do this because it’s funny.”

You’re treating this as if it’s going to be identical to Reach’s multiplayer. Why would there be random variables? Skill should be the only factor that accounts to your achievements. The only difference between MP and Campaign is that instead of Your Skill vs The AI’s Skill, it’s Your Skill vs Others’ Skill. That only makes them harder to get. Gives us more of a challenge. Achievements shouldn’t be easy.

Also, who said there was going to be cR, or the purchasing of Armour?